April Daily Weather, What a beautiful world Spring Brings!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Isaboo is very dignified.

We were supposed to go out to Anacapa Island tomorrow but the boat ride was cancelled due to wind. Major, major bummer. :-(

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 4:51 PM PDT on April 08, 2008
59 °F / 15 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 49%
Dew Point: 40 °F / 4 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the South

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

It's cold and wet here. Temps were in the low 40s and it rained off and on all day. We are still saturated from the last time it rained so it didn't take much to have creeks rising again.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'll go w/ D

75° today and still 70° out there.
A bit of cold is still predicted for the weekend....

Here's a perfect little beauty.

Squill

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

E_B: Love your back yard shot. I'm looking forward to those times again!
Sharon: The hellebore blooms are about ..maybe 2" across or so. Love your Isaboo.

Cloudy again today, and warm. Loving all the rain, but hoping for a little sunshine so the flowers will open their little faces upwards.

ONE of my Louisiana Iris is finally blooming (2 weeks late). This is a close-up of "Easter Tide".

Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Wow Deb! That is gorgeous!

early_bloomer

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Deb! What a Magnificent photo! :D I wish that you would put that in NG on "Your Shot"! Perrrrrfect!

We had a beautiful day today....72°! and plenty of sunshine. :D Lots of flowers are budding. The Lilies, Hosta's & Iris's have shot up several inches.

Trivia answer 1st thing in the morning.... :)

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Ok...here's a better pic.

Thumbnail by music2keep
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks E_B.
and Joey: I love that photo of your little guy!!! What's NG?
Deb

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

National Geographic...on line. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/your-shot/jigsaw-puzzles They make some of them into puzzles. If I'm not mistaken they have contests for the best photo.
Joey

edited to say thank you

This message was edited Apr 8, 2008 10:33 PM

Thumbnail by music2keep
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

hi, i have been reading and lurking. but i can't shut up about that pic, DEB!!! mouth watering, breathtaking! unbelievably talented, that's what you are! ^_^

(Zone 7a)

Cloudy44°F
Feels like: 42°F

Barometer: 29.7 in ↓
Dewpoint: 30°
Humidity: 58%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 3 mph W
Sunrise: 6:58 AM
Sunset: 8:00 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin'. It's Dyson Dark & 46°. It's gonna be a nice one again today w/a little bit of sprinkles.
In Dublin...
Cloudy: 41°F
Feels like: 41°F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 41°
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 4 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:55 AM
Sunset: 7:53 PM

TF, I'm with ya! That's a contest winning picture!

The answer to the trivia is...D
Most tornadoes rotate counterclockwise. However, about 1 in 100 will rotate clockwise.

Well gotta fet ready to play w/ some fish.

Have a Great Day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Pepper – Is it still raining?
Celia – Pretty pics! That bluish tint is so pretty.
Joey – I’m going with C on the trivia (although I’ll admit it’s just a guess). I hope you enjoyed your day off. My hens and chicks are filling in too!
Kelli – Isaboo’s nickname is “badness”! Have you rescheduled the trip? Sounds like fun!
Ric – You got warm really quickly. Will it stay or are you going through temp fluctuations like we are?
Deb – Gorgeous bloom! Great picture! My iris’s are late too.
Joey – JW! He has teethies!! What a cutie! Pretty buds and blooms!
TF – How do you get the little happy faces? While I’m asking – how do y’all get the bold to take too? How are your newest chickies?
Joey – You beat me to the forum this morning – so I’m wrong on the trivia! LOL! Oh well, maybe next time!

65.1 °F / 18.4 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the NE
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 2600 ft / 792 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. High 72. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Cross Vine growing at work, going to get some cuttings today.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

I need a vacation...some place on the beach...

Sprinkles37°F
Feels like: 34°F

Barometer: 29.7 in ↑
Dewpoint: 34°
Humidity: 87%
Visibility: 9 miles
Wind: 5 mph NNE
Sunrise: 6:56 AM
Sunset: 8:01 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Sorry I've been a no show for so long - I've been busy transplanting seedlings - I've almost filled the greenhouse so I had to put up an extra shelf. So much for not going overboard this year .......... lol

I tried to catch up but gave up on it - lol. I missed a few birthdays - happy beleated birthdays to Seeds and Kayle :-) Wonderful photos everyone! Some lovely hellebores, azaleas, flowering trees :-)

Kelli - your photos are so amazing! Loved them all. Your iris Best Bet (or something like that) is stunning!

Kiska -so nice to see you posting again! I've missed your photos from Alaska :-) It's good to hear your eye's improving :-)

Debi - that is a gorgeous photo of your iris and the photo of the azaleas in your back yard was wonderful as well :-)

It's been springlike for the past 2 weeks, below freezing at night with daytime highs in the mid to low 30's and quite a few sunny days :-) This morning we woke up to about 2 inches of snow. The girls were really bummed out that they'd have to get the snowsuits and boots out again. lol It's about 35°F so the snow's melting already and there are a few breaks in the clouds so we might even see some sun today :-)

These crocus are growing close enough to the wall of the house so they weren't completely covered in snow ;-)

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

This message was edited Apr 9, 2008 2:32 PM

Thumbnail by rannveig
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Rann, beautiful crocus, great spring is coming!

Sharon, love Isaboo pic and the Cross Vine! Forgot to answer about my job : I'm working at a radio broadcasting station, at the tape library ...I hope I got this right. Our office has to be opened from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. to supply with tape for the recordings .

Ric, what are those little margarets?They are gorgeous, like all other pics!

Deb, what beautiful iris! Mine are starting to bloom right now!

Joey, what great blooms, especially JB who is adorable!

Kwanjin, great night pics, such beautiful blue!

Here are some primulas from the village we went on a trip.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The hen.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The chickies.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

One chick.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

More blooms, japanese Quince.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Wild Forget-Me-Not.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Catching up is hard to do! I'll just say great flower pics everyone--love them all!
Sharon: Boo is certainly looking "regal".
Joey, JW is "Joe Cool" LOL
Adina: you and Tamara Faye need to get together. You both have chickens. ☺☺

Monday was a gorgeous day in Arkansas and we took a trip to NW Ark for the day. Beautiful scenery, great mountain views, perfect weather--what more could you ask?
Last night and this morning we had more rain, which we do not need right now. Sun has been peeking out from behind the clouds but it is still mostly cloudy. Isolated thunderstorms forecast for tonight and tomorrow. High of 66º for tomorrow. Currently it is 65º.

Here is a "Gentle Giant" daffodil blooming in my front flowerbed.

Thumbnail by marsue

Geese on the road.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Marsue, I'd love to get together with Tamara and to have some chicks of my own! Unfortunately those aren't mine ! But here is a daff, still from our friend's garden, not as gorgeous as yours thou!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

More daffs.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, I think that is a gorgeous daff, too, Adina. It is just a different kind than mine is.

' Isaboo’s nickname is “badness”!" LOL! (DH says that he will reschedule the Anacapa trip but he doesn't sound too enthusiastic about it.)

Today we went to the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve. It was incredibly windy. It was also almost visual overload.

Lancaster, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:56 PM PDT on April 09, 2008
60 °F / 16 °C
Clear
Humidity: 26%
Dew Point: 25 °F / -4 °C
Wind: 29 mph / 46 km/h / 12.9 m/s from the WSW
Wind Gust: 39 mph / 63 km/h / 17.5 m/s

Thumbnail by Kelli
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Impossible to catch up, but,...

Kelli, as always, beautiful hiking pics. I was born in Calif, and LOVE the poppy!

adina, i wish those were your chicks. i wanted to ask what the young partirdge hen is... Welsummer perhaps? Leghorn? nah.... but I do know those are brown chinese geese! were you close enough to get bitten? we had one.... for Thanksgiving dinner! thanks to Martha Stewarts Turkey brine recipe ^_^

my smile is attained with the shift key and 6-6... you won't see it till you press send, a little gift from dave. the b/w smiles are some kind of ascii code, can't help there...

kwanjin, i need a vacation too. looking at your pics will have to do for now. i really miss the beach...

hugs and spring blessings to all!
♥tf

the final chick of our latest hatch... a Black Jersey Giant

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye

Joey – I just love that picture of JW and his “cool baby shades”!
Celia – I could use a vacation there too! LOL!
Rann – Glad to see you back! I feel the girl’s pain about having to dress for winter again. Our temps keep fluctuating like crazy here. Kiska is in Mexico for 2 weeks enjoying the sun and fun for a change. Great pic of the crocus!
Adina – Great pictures! TF do you know which type of chick’s they are? The blooms are just gorgeous.
Maruse – Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. Wow, gorgeous daff!
Adina – I think your daffs are gorgeous too!
Kelli – WOW! And background! LOL!
TF – Yes you do know the hens! LOL! Thanks for the info. Where did you get that info? Is there a forum?

66.2 °F / 19 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the -
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6 km/h
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Falling)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2500 ft / 762 m
Scattered Clouds 6000 ft / 1828 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy in the evening...then mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 58. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sidney - Look!!

Thumbnail by MySharona

I think everyone loves the poppy. Well, there probably is someone who doesn't, but they probably don't like ice cream and Christmas, either.

The Los Angeles Arboretum used to unwittingly accumulate people's unwanted domestic fowl. They used to have a couple of those Chinese geese. They were loud and sassy.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Right now it is Dyson dark and cloudy. Rain is coming in tonight and will be heavy at times. It will rain all day tomorrow with a chance for severe weather. Snow of Friday and Saturday.

Temps reached low 50s today.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Scilla sibirica or Siberian Squill is the little blue beauty Adina.
Those Forget-me-nots are lovely!!

Kelli what's the yellow w/ the Poppies?
I'm not a fan of Poppies one at a time but in drifts or fields they are perfect!

Here's the Arais alpina in this full glory.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kelli, the poppy fields remind of the scene in The Wizard of Oz where Dorothy and her companions lie down in a field of poppies and go to sleep.
TF: you can get the b/w smiley faces by pressing the "Alt" key and then the 1 key.☺☺☺☺☺
Sharon: Sidney might know what to "Look" at but I don't have a clue what that is! LOL Also, how did the Cross vine get its name?
Glad to see you back, Rann. The little crocus are pretty even if they are frozen. LOL
Pepper, It's Dyson dark here, too. By the way, where is Dyson these days?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ric, we cross-posted. You have some flowers I have never heard of. That Arais alpina is lovely!

Haven't seen Dyson anywhere on here for quite some time.

Ric, the yellow flowers are goldfields.

(Zone 7a)

Oh, What I REALLY need is to live on the beach.

33°F
Feels like: 26°F

Barometer: 29.9 in ↑
Dewpoint: 26°
Humidity: 75%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 9 mph N
Sunrise: 6:56 AM
Sunset: 8:01 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli – LOL!
Pepper – When does the snow stop in your area?
Ric – Pretty arias alpine!
Marsue – LOL! My Brugmansia’s are blooming. The flowers themselves are huge, larger than a (my) handwidth and about 10-12” long. Sidney gave me this plant as a cutting and it actually survived for me. I’m not sure how the crossvine got it’s name, but I found this cute article about it. http://www.paghat.com/trumpetcreeper.html
Celia – Methinks you have a serious dose of Spring Fever! LOL!

56.3 °F / 13.5 °C
Clear
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 52 °F / 11 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Steady)

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. High 76. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Marsue here is one of the buds this morning...

This message was edited Apr 10, 2008 7:27 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

Powder Puff

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

46° (Wind Chill 42°)
Rain and a cold front starting to move in.
We are looking at another round of freeze........
Looks like some creative mulching is the the future... lol!

Of to Work...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.