April Daily Weather, What a beautiful world Spring Brings!

(Zone 3b)

One more quick look at what's going on, then we're out the door and off to Anchorage/airport. Will leave there at 12:30am and arrive in Cabo San Lucas tomorrow at 1:30 pm. Brief layover in Seattle.
Still snowing.
Happy Birthday, Kayly.
Project looks great, ric.
I'll be soaking up lots of sun tomorrow~ a 60° difference in the blink of an eye~thanks for the send-off.
Kiska

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kiska,
Tenga un viaje seguro! I think....lol!

It's really funny the Naked Ladies or Naked Lillies ae we call them had lost popularity.
We've always had tons but I'd rarely see them anywhere else.
Now they are everywhere.
Robyn did the whole front of the hedge w/ them.
They are all coming up. Should be a good show this Summer.

Ric

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Kiska, oh my, long flight. :-( I'll do some sleeping for you.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Could you do a little sleeping for me too Kelli? I love the wildflowers.
Ric, great job on the repair.
I only got 1+ hrs rest yesterday and 3 hrs on friday.
I'm doing 12 hr nights and did a 3 hr Health Care photo shoot yesterday in downtown Jax.
Then we had a booming thundershower and I just couldn't sleep.
Got down to 60 last night.
Good to see you all.
Happy Birthday Kayly
;)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, my Sidney! I could never make it on that little bit of sleep. I have to have my 6 or 7 hours every night.

It is currently 39º here but we are heading for a high of 72º. There was a mist rising as the sun came up this morning--all that moisture in the ground, no doubt!!

Here is proof that we are actually seeing the sun today!

Thumbnail by marsue
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

41° here and Sunny..... heading for 68° ........... mid 70's tomorrow!!!
Thanks Kiska for sending the weather this way from Mexico!!!!!

We took the upper wind covers (plastic...LOL!) off the Hot Tub yesterday.
Today the tarp comes off.
We're thinking screen instead of leaf netting for the roof this Summer.
The netting lets the Mimosa leaves thru......
The tub was a GREAT sucess this Winter.
We went out at 15° and it was Toasty.
W/ the Economy feature (80° Sunday thru Friday afternoon) running our bill was 50% less than w/ the smaller tub we had last Winter.

Well I've decided to push the envelope.
Looks like no bad cold for at least a week.
So the Plants are going out.
We still have 5 weeks to No Frost but I can work w/ that.
This will give us a HUGE boost in the Tropicals.

BTW I keep forgetting to get shots but the Fig Tree has 12 Figs on it.
This is an Everbearing Brown Turkey developed by a friend of mine.
The Banana has 6 leaves and is over 6' tall now.
The Cardamom (I'm hoping for fruit this year) and Shell Gingers are 18" tall.
And all the EE's are cranking.
Looks like the 'Plants at Work' program is a sucess.

Off to the Yard and then the Hellebore Sale.
The Couple who throw this are Darling, their Grounds SPECTACULAR and they live minutes away.

Here's a link to their Regular Plant Sale.
It's about a month away......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rnranimals/sets/72057594139730531/
Ric

(Zone 7a)

WOW! I'm impressed!

DD is in town so I don't have much time but I wanted to say "Hi!!!"

42°F
Feels like: 40°F

Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 26°
Humidity: 52%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 3 mph W
Sunrise: 7:01 AM
Sunset: 7:58 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Temps are headed into the fifties but they're predicting ...snow?

Snow, kwanjin? What altitude are you at?

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PDT on April 06, 2008
64 °F / 18 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 56%
Dew Point: 48 °F / 9 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h / 1.5 m/s Variable

In the chaparral - this is the stuff that burns like a match box.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Deb – That is a Gorgeous bloom – WOW!
Ric – Congrats on the job offer – nothing like getting paid in kind! LOL! Love the name of the store.
Marsue – Lantana grows wild here and does get quite large. It’s so pretty. Mine are purple. Your tulip is so pretty!
Kelli – It’s gnats for me and no-see-ums. I can bathe in bug spray and they’ll still get me. I did not know that is what sweat pea looks like! Very pretty! I also like the crimson pitcher sage, well I like all of the flowers, but those really stood out for me.
Marsue – I’ve never heard of the Flowers of Sulphur, but I’ll try it too! Forgot about the chiggers.
Happy Birthday Kayly!
Ric – The wall looks really good! Can’t wait to see the final product!
Marsue – Love that sunrise!

Where do y’all find surgical tubing?!

We had a major storm blow through most of the afternoon and evening yesterday. No damage. 2+" of rain. That giant slurping sound you hear are my plants! LOL!

Then, of course, the a/c went out just in time for muggy rainy spring weather LOL! Repaired today, but boy was it miserable last night and this morning.

76.8 °F / 24 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 50%
Dew Point: 58 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1 km/hfrom the SE
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 77 °F / 25 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1800 ft / 548 m
Mostly Cloudy 8000 ft / 2438 m
Overcast 20000 ft / 6096 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Now
Through 430 PM...showers and isolated thunderstorms continue in northeast Florida and the coastal waters. The heaviest activity was moving into Middleburg...Sparr...Baldwin...Saint Augustine and Interlachen. Occasional heavy rainfall may flood saturated and low lying areas. The showers are moving northeast at 20 miles an hour.

Tonight
Cloudy with patchy fog. Rain likely with scattered thunderstorms in the evening...then a chance of rain and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Rain may be heavy at times. Low 65. Southeast winds 5 mph shifting to the northeast after midnight. Chance of rain 70%.

Took this today "I challenge you to a dual"!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks Sharon. What a great shot! I love it. ^_^

Beautiful morning. Currently 82 and partly cloudy. Still a good chance of rain. I planted all my caladiums and the rest of the flower seeds this morning. Pixie lilies are coming up. Yay!

Hellebores still going strong, too.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kelli: are you sure there are no cougars/mountain lions/pumas where you hike? That trail looks awfully secluded to me!

Ric and Celia(kwanjin) have given me a bad case of the "wants" for hellebores and here you are adding to it, Deb! However, help is on the way! Kathy Ann, a very sweet and gracious DGer who lives about 40 miles north of me has hellebores and a green one to boot! She is going to divide hers and give me one! I told you she was gracious!! ☺☺☺

Sharon, how cute--dueling frogs!! I can't wait for kiska to see that pic! LOL

63º and the sun is shining! Wonderful!

My neighbor's dogwood tree:

Thumbnail by marsue

Marsue, there are mountain lions or a mountain lion in the Santa Monica Mountains at least sometimes but it is extremely rare to see one. I've been out hundreds of times and the most I have seen was a footprint and that was only once. It's kind of like seeing bigfoot, except that everyone agrees that mountain lions are real. Rattlesnakes are the most dangerous things that a person has some likelihood of encountering. There are coyotes but I don't think of them as dangerous. They're always afraid of me.

The dogwood tree is nice. They must not grow around here. I don't know of any.

scarlet bugler

Thumbnail by Kelli
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm so catching up!!

Kelli, it was another beautiful beach pic!!

Sharon, I think you're lucky to live where you can watch the turtles. I'd be out there making sure all the hatchlings made it to the sea!

Ric, I think the rhyme pretty much sums up a life lesson! (beer & whiskey) I think I'll pass on the depth charge too!

Kwanjin, notepad is the secret to answering everyone in order and not losing the post till ready to send. :))

Aawww Joey, cute, smart and getting a headful of hair :))

Sugar, beautiful flowers out by your steps!

Marsue, it takes a long time to answer!

It's cloudy, and we got a few sprinkles of rain. It went from 66* and windy to 62 and calm.

(Zone 7a)

Thanks, BP! I'll remember that! LOL

Yes, Kelli, snow. It's possible to get snow here until part-way through May. We're at 4500-5000 feet.

Here's where we are now. No snow for us but I can see it higher up on the mountains.

Mostly Cloudy51°F
Feels like: 51°F

Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 27°
Humidity: 39%
Wind: 5 mph
Sunrise: 7:01 AM
Sunset: 7:58 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

One of our fellow DGer's sent me this pretty coleus. Inky Fingers. Thanks, Joyce!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently: 66°F Partly Cloudy
Currently: 18°C Partly Cloudy
Wind: West at 12 MPH
Humidity: 32%
Dewpoint: 36°F
Barometer: 29.80 inches
Wind: West at 19 KPH
Humidity: 32%
Dewpoint: 2°C
Barometer: 1009 millibars
Sunrise: 6:53 am
Sunset: 7:49 pm

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Wow! What a gorgeous weekend! I spent it out in the yard and I put a pretty big dent in the spring chores. I cleaned out every flowerbed and raked leaves, tree branches, pine cones, you name it. I ran it all through my chipper/shredder. I have more compost material then I know what to do with. Not a bad thing. I was chosen to take part in a clinical study last Sept. which required a big time commitment and as a result much of my fall yard work was never finished. It left me with a lot of extra work this spring.

I sure am enjoying all the spring flower photos. Not too much happening here yet. Just a stray crocus or two. I started biking again earlier this week. After a winter of being cooped up inside on a stationary bike or treadmill it sure seemed weird.

Photo: I took this photo this evening while on my bike ride. It's still very brown here.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
(Zone 7a)

But you can still see green under the brown. ☺

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Yep. It's trying to be green. The daffodils are budded out and should be blooming in another week or so.

early_bloomer

(Zone 7a)

Did I mention I love spring?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I started cleaning the yard this morning.
Uncovered the ponds and cleaned up some trash.
Started in a Flannel Shirt ... quickly hit a T-Shirt...

Well as far as Hellebores go the sale was a bust.
Unfortunately it got written up in the paper last week.

Usually it's an 'underground sale'... you have to know someone who knows someone....
The hours were 12-4..... at Clara's this means 12:30 amble in... greet some friends... peruse the plants.... get a few while gabbing w/ old chums....

Because of the article....
People showed up at 11 AM .....
and cleaned them out of Hellebores in less than a half hour.

We did get some nice odd plants ....Clara's speciality.... but only a few small Helleborus foetides were left.... so I got some shots... talked plants a bit... and invited a few people to DG

Got back about 1:30.
Finished cleaning the ponds...froze my hands numb at one point..... LOL!
but they are running and looking good.
The concrete waterfall held up beautifully... no cracks or loose rocks.

Then we took down the last of the Holiday lights.... about time!
And changed from the Winter to Spring flag

Sunny and we hit 68 today!!
73° tomorrow and Tuesday!!!!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

E-B, it will look like that here in 2 to 3 months.

Deb – How large is the hellebores bloom? They are so pretty!
Marsue – I’m with you on the “wants” for hellebores, but I’ll live vicariously through y’all. That’s a lovely dogwood.
Sally – It’s a lot of fun watching the little guys make it to the water and scooting them in right direction if they get turned around. It’s difficult to get pictures since flashes are no-no’s. I’ll try to get some next time though.
Celia – That coleus is pretty. I like that deep purple color.
Pepper & E_B - Look – No snow or freezing temps! You have spring!
E_B – I can see green under the brown too! It always amazes me how much farmland you have. Even though my SIL lives in Clinton and has farmland and horses.
Ric – Sorry the sale was a bust, at least you got to see some old acquaintances! I can’t wait to see your garden in bloom.

66.4 °F / 19.1 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 64 °F / 18 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 0.5 miles / 0.8 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 300 ft / 91 m
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. A 20% chance of showers in the morning. High 74. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

We're in Revival mode at church. Has anyone heard of Jamey Ragle? He's so funny my face hurt from laughing last night.

I have a 2nd cane sprouting off the 1st on my Phal. This is the first time it's happened for me.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well not a toatl bust.
We did get some nice plants that are seldom for sale or at bargain prices compared to the Nurseries around here.
Plants we got were...
Hosta 'Alligator Shoes', H. Birchwood Parky's Gold, a really nice Myosotis sylvatica,
an extremely odd plant Rohdea japonica (Nippon Lily),
a huge Yucca 'Golden Sword, Carex laxiculmis 'Bunny Blue' and a cute little black groundcover w/ bright yellow flowers...

45° going to 70° and Sunny...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

Rainy and drab today. High near 45º.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Wow, great pics, such beautiful flowers !
We've been on a trip this week-end in the countryside, in a small village full of blooming trees!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Other prunus cerasifera

Thumbnail by adinamiti

This was in a orchard, still not all trees blooming.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

More.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Ric - I like that ground cover esp with the yellow blooms! Very pretty and unusual.
Adina - Good to have you back! When will your house be ready for move-in? Beautiful blooming trees!

64.9 °F / 18.3 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 58 °F / 15 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h / 1.8 m/s from the NE
Wind Gust: 10.5 mph / 16.9 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Overcast 1100 ft / 335 m
(Above Ground Level)

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening...

Tonight
Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Breezy. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 58. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.

It's been a gloomy and windy day today. My Phal now has 5 blooms.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

It is gray
Today in
Pa.

Temps are currently 40 degrees. We are getting a high off the Atlantic coast which will hold in place until Thursday or Friday. Winds come down from the N. Hampshire area, over the ocean and curl around into Pa. It that is how it wants to act, I will go weed and clean up a daylily bed ( last one). Keeps me warm and is very satisfying.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Ranunculus ficaria 'Brazen Hussy' is that plant.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/100281

And it looks like it will do well for about every one here.
Zone 4a-9b
Produces glossy, deep chocolate-brown, almost black leaves, appearing late fall, lasting through spring. The yellow flowers are so shiny they look lacquered. What a contrast! Grow in average to wet soil. Summer dormant.
I'd watch out though as I've had a few run-ins w/ some Ranunculus that are a bit invasive.
Might be a good choice for those of us who don't see a lot of Snow......

Currently 66° one thermometer I saw said 76° at 3 PM today.
This should hold for a few more days..
I'm not bringing a lot out as we have a Forecast of 36° Sunday morning......

Sharon and Adina those whites are beautiful.
I've seen a few dogwoods and crabs in white flower here.
We're still a few weeks away from a good shot though.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

se_eds we'll be getting that Saturday-Monday.... then supposedly back into the 60's by next Tues...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

We currently have 53° and cloudy skies under Dyson darkness after another beautiful sunny day. Highs are forecast in the 50's through Saturday with occasional rain showers. Not too shabby........I have crocuses blooming!

I managed to prune 2 more apple trees this evening after my daughters softball game. Only 3 or 4 more to go. Then comes clean-up.

Kelli...........It does get very green here. A few summers back a college kid from Michigan came around trying to sell books and said he couldn't believe how green it was.

adinamiti............Wow! Looks like you're in full bloom over there.

Sharona...........We do have a lot of farm land. Just a couple miles west of here the land really flattens out and is mostly farmland with small woodlots well into Ohio. We have a nice mix of fields and some large wooded areas as well. Over in the eastern part of the county the terrain is much more rugged and as you head east you run into the Allegheny National Forest. Most of the upper third of the state is heavily wooded.

Photo: My backyard during "greener" times.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

thank you for the beautiful photo, EB!

i am up with chicks hatching [why do they always do this at night ? ]

have court tomorrow. came over here for all these lovely [and dismal] weather reports.good to see each of you over my virtual fence! you are such good neighbors!!!

everyone's picture is PERFECT!

here is the first guy out. he has a freckle-like spot on his beak, a black nostril i think...

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye

Se_eds – Sounds like a good way to spend the day. Hopefully I’ll get to weed this weekend or maybe Friday evening.
Ric – Hysterical name for the plant! LOL
E_B – I know you can’t wait to see your lawn in bloom again – I can’t either! Just beautiful! I really like that patio area. Thinking about doing something like that here. Nice to see a “live” set up.
TF – Awww – cute little guy! Good luck in court.

63.0 °F / 17.2 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 52 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4 km/hfrom the ENE
Wind Gust: 8.3 mph / 13 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1500 ft / 457 m
Overcast 2100 ft / 640 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. High 72s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Isaboo overseeing her domain

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Raining. It will rain all day and it will be a cold rain.

(Zone 7a)

Kitty! lol

Such beauty to look forward to!

37°F
Feels like: 32°F

Barometer: 30 in ↓
Dewpoint: 30°
Humidity: 76%
Wind: 7 mph SE
Sunrise: 6:58 AM
Sunset: 8:00 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy all,
Just running thru on the way too bed.
Has been cloudy and cool (for us) in the 50s.
Gonna be 84 on friday.
Oh dear, summer is coming quickly.
Kelli, Adina, Ric, Fritch, EB, Sharon, Marylyn and Eve I am loving your pictures.
Sidney

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Morning All! :D We have some fog this morning. Guess it's from all the rain we had. From Thursday thru Sat. nite we had 2 1/2"! My flowers are really shooting up! :D At the moment we have 48° & are expected to get into the upper 60's. We had a temp of 70° yesterday. I have 6 more days & I'll be finished with my practicum. I have the day off today, because everyone there had an all day meeting, not at the hatchery. So I guess that I will get started on my school work.
In Dublin...
Cloudy: 45°F
Feels like: 45°F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 45°
Humidity: 100%
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:57 AM
Sunset: 7:52 PM

Love all the pics! All of the garden pics (Boo, Last years gardens, this years gardens, All the Hellebores, & Orchids and chickies, too)

I thought that I would throw in a little trivia today...
What ratio of tornadoes rotate clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere?
a) 75 out of 100
b) 50 out of 100
c) 25 out of 100
d) 1 out of 100

Have aGreat Day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 7a)

I took that with my cell. I can't believe it came out so nice.

Here's another.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.