Today's Weather in Your Garden - 16

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/823007/#new

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Thanks, the other one was getting loooong!

Temp 39.0° Wind S 36 mph, Wchill 34.7° ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi Sue! Welcome to the Northeast forum. Glad to have you with us although you don't sound like a stranger to the northeast part of the country. Eleanor

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

50 F, winds SE 10 mph, wind chill 46 F. Overcast, as usual.

pam

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Thank you, Victor.

Welcome, Sue, formerly of Maine.

It's still above freezing at 8PM. I'm happy.

Wow the latest hummer sighting is getting closer - at the border of PA and N. Jersey!

I know I saw the map today, I doubt I will see any though, I haven't seen one around my locale yet! ☺

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Great pics!

Was this a glorious day or what!!!! Alot of my wintersown seeds are sprouting. I planted some lettuce and broccoli in my cold frame. Trimmed my butterfly bush. Did some weeding and leaf removal. All my clematis has growth. Hosta are popping as well as my peonies!!! Even the bees were busy!

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Show off!!!
(She said, with lots of love in her voice)

Bees already?!

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Welcome, Sue! It's always nice to learn a little something about the others who post here. Sounds like you have a great family, too.

It's currently around 40 degrees and tomorrow's forecast is miserable. Out like a lion, I guess. Can't wait for Tuesday when it's supposed to hit 60, even if it does rain! - Lynn

Wow you got a bee! I've got to go see if I can find one! (first they got me looking for robins in January & now I'm looking for bees in March...) ☺

I saw bees last week during one of those warm days. They were on the snowdrops. I've also had a ladybug which was relocated to the sunroom to help me in my war against the mealy bugs!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

No bees here, but I was a busy bee doing yard work today. We pruned, brush cut and burned all day. More tomorrow though it is not going to be sunny like today, but I think I can deal with a few clouds. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Marshmallows??

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Fenway franks for you Victor. Patti

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Sun was out earlier but it is mostly cloudy now. Rain showers the next couple of days. Temp is still a chilly 21 degrees but should warm into the upper 40s today and even milder the rest of the week.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I've had bees since the crocus opened by the patio. There are a couple of private bee keeps in the area, so I'm sure that's where the honey bees are coming from.

38.5 and very overcast. Rain on the way.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Just got darker here and a bit of snow. I thought I had a break till this PM, oh well...

30 - the typical Snowing

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

In the low 40's and sunny with light clouds, but it is suppose to rain later today. Out to haul more stuff to the burn pile and see if I have more tulips up. No daffs yet. Patti

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

The worms are out. Rain,rain and more rain. 40.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Patti, I can't even see the two burn piles with their bright blue plastic tarps! They are still buried! Missed you this weekend as we went to Gillies for supper Sat and back to the Newfane GH on Sunday. We always head north to VT in summer but summer and spring aren't getting here so we are pretending and heading to VT anyway!!

40 and drizzle. Blah.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Candyce, for the invite! It is 39 & raining here--again! Sue, I have a grandson coming on 4/25--when is yours due? Patti---so glad you can burn the blowdown--I've got a pile waiting to go to the brush dump, but our neighbor STILL has my DH's truck! My other neighbor managed to get the huge pine branches of ours off his fence---I could not budge them!

Port Matilda, PA(Zone 6a)

Well, we have a ways to go... Nov. 9th. Add that to the following: 7th,13th, 14th, 19th, 24th and 30th (includes other immediate family) and you gotta know we're blowin' out a lot of candles!

Port Matilda, PA(Zone 6a)

Oh, yeah, 56 and overcast!
Thanks, everyone, good to be here!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Cold rain here today too, be nice to wash some of the crud off stuff.

South Hamilton, MA

Drizzle!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

It spitted rain and was cool today, but we hauled tons of big dead trees to the burn pile. And because it is a perfect fire now, we are following Victor's idea and cooking on it. We are going to have our first Hot Dogs of the season. Not a regular part of out diet but the BB season as started. The Mets are winning now. Boston plays tomorrow. Boojum Sorry I missed you in Vt last Sunday. Too much to do here and too much snow on the ground up there. Patti

Good idea, Patti! Mets are up 6-2.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Steady light rain most of the day, 35 degrees with a calm wind. Tomorrow much the same but warmer.

Temp 49.2°, Wind SSW 5.5 mph, Wchill 41.1°. ☺

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

54 right now, mild after the rain stopped and the chill left. 64 tomorrow with thunderstorms, then dropping into the 40's.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

A steady drizzle right now with gusty warm winds pushing the temp up to 48 degrees. Should go even higher, now if we only could get warm and sun in the same sentence it would be great. As it is now, here it is wet, very wet and soggy.

58 and cloudy with scattered showers. I'll be thrilled if we break the 60 mark - even if it rains!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm with you mamasita! Same weather here and I was transported while cleaning up the January prunings, I heard the first Song Sparrow.Nothing sweeter.

55 and very dark overcast. Occasional drizzle.

Thomaston, CT

It is 52, dark, & windy--where is all this wind coming from? Glad there are other Mets fans out there--after last year's collapse, I was not a happy fan. Patti--the hot dog roast sounded like fun---if the fire chief did not live on my road (&his sons do our mowing), I'd love to accidentally have a brush fire! Six or 7 years ago, our son bought an old house in town, & renovated it--he also took the old wood, put it into our garden, & poured gasoline on it---the blast rattled all the windows, the fire smoldered for ever, but the fire chief must have been out of town, as we heard no complaints--& this is a small town!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.