Are your lilies sprouting?

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

here is a pic of some NOID asiatics that i planted last month. they are shooting up!

tracie

Thumbnail by aggiegrl
Fox River Valley Are, WI(Zone 5a)

Here is my 'MaDame Butterfly' I dug up a couple weeks ago. It is already 14"+ high.

Thumbnail by intercessor
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Ah, aren't they all just a lovely site to behold. ;)

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

That Madame Butterfly already looks beautiful. We've got lots of martagons popping up now.

Poland, ME

Andrew, the cage is for ??????

I put it on when it was small to keep squirrels and rabbits out. It also helped ward off small Emmas

Poland, ME

And how is Emma sprouting?

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL - a lily ark. Probably not a bad idea this year!!

She is sprouting pretty well. 33"+

Thumbnail by intercessor
Poland, ME

You sure she's not a weed? She is growing so fast!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

And she totally reminds me of you.

I have a hard time seeing me or my DW in her. Though when I see other kids sometimes I can see the mom and sometimes the dad.
I have several lilies popping up. My big daddy Buggy bulbs are still working their way through 8" of soil.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I think parents never see it, Andrew.

My marts are up.

I am eagerly waiting to see if my one and only mart. makes an appearance. It was planted in the fall so heres to hoping.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm surprised how tall they are already.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I keep mounding the compost up over my marts. but maybe it's not necessary any more? Most of the new ones I put in last fall have already made appearances. Meanwhile, we've started a big home construction project today, and the contractor's put up bright orange plastic fencing everywhere to protect the beds, and it'll be there till August I guess. At least we're guaranteed lots of color (orange) this year.

Emma's adorable. How old is she? My daughter's closing in on 2 1/2. Are they close?

She turned 20 recently.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

20, or 02? Either way she's aged well!

20 months ^_^

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

What a little sweetie-heart, Andrew!!!

Laura, how's that little sprout of yours doing? :)

Diann

ps. I planted 17 varieties of lilies tonight. My finger are froze solid. Only 27 more varieties to go.. I know that's nothing to some of you, but my fingers are froze. :) LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

They don't usually thaw out til June, right? ;)

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Probably not till July or the dog days of August this year. :)

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Hi Diann - Amelia's great, thanks for asking. Talking constantly, fishing in the pond, and learning her letters: OT, LA, etc.

Warmer weather's on it's way (I hope)!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I like the letters that child is learning!! :) One can only hope warmer weather is on it's way. :) LOL

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I was out playing in the dirt this afternoon and evening, and I've got lily noses sticking up all over. Mostly Asiatic, but lily noses just the same. :) Good thing, that way I don't mess them up weeding. :)

Diann

(Louise) Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

My triumphator has been out for a while now but growing slowly because of the cold nights. Yesterday I saw I have alot of others just breaking ground.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

They're really breaking ground now. Most everything is up except the Orientals and some OTs.

And getting a great soaking here today!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Same here ~ I've already got 1" in the rain gauge.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

All I've got are martagons and a couple of Black Beauties. But the garden is still getting a lot more shade than it will in a few weeks. Tends to be slow waking up. Plus I went nuts with the compost. Have been gradually relocating it.

I planted ten new Mrs. R.O. Backhouse marts. in the fall and they've all shown up, which is pretty good, right? Can't say they'll all flower, but, still. Gosh, I can't wait for everyone's pictures.

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

The OT's Look like Shovel Handles coming up(-:

This warm day sent lots of stuff into high growth. 'Red Artiste' was a little poky and got chomped by slugs. I have my first martagon sprout 'Mahogany Bells' Wooohoooo! Very few of my seedlings have emerged though, along with nearly my entire new lily bed. I thought trumpets were suppose to be eager in the spring. The asiatic bulblets have the trumpet seedlings beat.

Tomah, WI

Hi Everyone, I hope I'm not interupting this thread with a Question. I went a little crazy this last fall & ordered about 40 oriental lily bulbs. Should I be seeing anything yet? So far, nothing.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Becky

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hi Becky, and welcome! Ask a question anytime.

I'm in a slighty warmer zone than you and most of my established lilies are up a couple inches, except for the orientals. The lilies planted just last Fall are not.

You may have to wait a handful more days for your fall planted bulbs to come up. I don't have any fall planted orientals up yet.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

My orientals aren't up yet either.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Mine aren't up yet either, not to worry. They should be along in a bit.

Welcome Becky. Drop in anytime ^_^

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Most of my Lilies are up several inches up to a couple feet.
Dennis

Mine aren't up either although my Triumphator was my first lily up and the asiatics are breaking ground.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I must say my lilies have made significant progress the last 3 or 4 days. More noses than I thought I had. Yeesh!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.