PNW Flower and Garden Show Pictures

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Thought I would post some pictures from the PNW Flower and Garden Show. Sue and I went on Wednesday and Thursday and had a great time. Here are a few of our favorite plant picks for 2008!

Ceanothus "Zanzibar" Great varigated foliage!

Thumbnail by rachierabbit
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Here is Dwarf Salal, I will have to find some of this for my fairy garden that I'm working on.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Prince Rupert Geranium, it has a wonderful lemon scent in addition to it's lovely foliage.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Here is a lovely Dusty Miller that is not the "ordinary" that we see so often. It's called "Quite White."

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

This little Oregano was soft and fuzzy!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

This lovely Geranium caught our eye!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I have always loved Tete Tete daffodils and here is another little lovely, Jack Snipe Narcissus.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Love the leaf pattern on this Podophyllum "Kalidescope"

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Thought this was a fun fern for the shade garden. It's Grandiceps Fox

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I will post pictures of the display gardens this weekend. Rachel

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Sue and I ran into Jim at the UW Bookstore booth and had a nice visit. We never crossed paths with Pixy but we kept in touch via cell phone (have to love technology!)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Nice pics Rach, can't wait for more

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Mary you inspire me to keep typing :0) Here is one of an outdoor gathering area, I don't remember which garden it was, I'm still on information overload!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Loved this take on a potager!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Here is a little kitchen garden.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

This is the chicken coop in the kitchen garden. I adore the "living roof" on it. I think I have my dad convinced to build one for me!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

More of the "urban look."

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I finally found something to do with the water troughs I drug with me from the farm. Make a gurguling fountain!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

When I saw this I wished that I would have held onto my mom's old mop bucket!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Last one for tonight. Here is Laurie's next "rock" project! Sorry Laurie, I couldn't help myself, knowing how much you love to play with rocks and pebbles! It sure is pretty, can only imagine the time and $$ it would take!

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Sorry don't stay up late on my account, but loving it.
Really like that outdoor setting and the water troughs
Have you any ideas for my area? (tread I started)

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

EEEEEu Love the rock, Laurie will LOVE IT.

Bozeman, MT(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the photos. I wasn't able to make it at the last minute and really appreciate seeing what was there.

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

wooo, wooo, the rocks!! Actually, Rach, if we are talking about the rock bridgey thing that is so easy to do - and cheap as chips - I can send instructions if you want to do one - that one looks as though it is dry laid - which is very easy or you can use concrete to hold it together more permanently. I'm not wild about the rock cages behind - there is a garden near here that has used those as huge retaining walls near their path - and I have to say I am always tempted to bring wire cutters with me. But I love some of your plant choices - yummy stuff - especially the dusty miller - most covetable (should that have two t's?)

I do think a PNWDG work team could do much more interesting display gardens - and cause a bit of havoc in the doing - twould be fun - and we have the official looking t-shirts, with names! (We all might have to wear those black glasses with nose and mustache - but we could manage that).

Snohomish, WA

Just went today! Got a variegated bears breech and already planted it ! I took lots of pics too. Great fun!

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Rachel,

Oh more pictures please, I just love them! You are passing around your adventure to those of us who were not able to participate!

Thanks,
Carla

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hello and Welcome NWGordon,

Let me introduce myself and tell you to jump right in on these threads with pictures. We love sharing our plants and ideas!
Post a picture of your new bears breech, I miss mine I left it at our home in Lynnwood... and I have finally found a home for one this year! Now to just find the right one!

Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

NW welcome - and photos please. Love looking at things through other's eyes/lens. Cocoa nice foliage combination.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Laurie I like the fenced rock wall. It is far better than mortar. IMHO> especially with light vineing clematis climbing the fence material. Summer =color-Winter =rocks with clematis vines remaining. There are so many glaciated rocks here in the states we need to do more with them.

Snohomish, WA

Alrighty then! Here are some more pics! I thought it was nice ans mod!

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Snohomish, WA

Here bonsai guru showing how to wire!

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Snohomish, WA

Nice chicken!

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Port Angeles, WA(Zone 8b)

I absolutely LOVED this place! A few of the gardens were a bit over the top for me, particularly those with an urban flavor, but. . .wow. I could so easily have many of those places as my yard! I'm glad there are pictures here because, as I mentioned on another thread, forgot my camera (in addition to my brain) so didn't get any pix. Many are firmlly embedded in my mind now, though. I LOVED the kitchen garden with the rooftop corn and sunflowers...that was the same one with the chicken coop with the living roof, I think.

I fell in love with the begonia "escargot." The leaf shapes were so cool but methinks it would have to be a houseplant. And heather...I LOVE heather...any color...everything about it. It's so great! And begonia foliosa...

All I know is next year I have to have a plan. There was just SO much there I was totally overwhelmed. I could have spent a LOT of money but as it is, only bought a heather, two orchids (DH is hooked on them now) and bulbs. Got some gloves that actually fit my "man" hands...now THAT was a treat!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Escargot is my favorite rex begonia, too. So cute! You can use them outside in containers during the summer if you like.

Oh, and you're not the only one who forgot the camera...

Rachel, so glad your chicken coop picture included the roof so I could show it to DH.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Gordon, I loved the chicken, as well as most of the other metal sculptures in their booth. Gotta have one (or more) and I think the shop is in Greenwood area. Regarding the wire retained rock walls, AKA gabions, they are a 'less costly' means of constructing retaining walls and find a welcome use in areas where other structures are too difficult to construct. Not too cool for landscaping though. The show was really nice, and the Cheesecake Factory across the street was great. Too many plants and ideas from the show, how can I ever live without implementing most of them. lol

Snohomish, WA

I have a nice escargot begonia that I am getting ready to thin back abit. Already promised some cuttings to one person but might have abit to go around.

Thumbnail by NWGordon
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

NWGordon, So what's the trick to getting Escargot so big and lush looking? Mine is not happy.

Kingston, WA

Is you acanthus tasmanian tiger? That is a great one. I love begonias and have lots for sale. think they are great. What did you thinkof the one by plantswoman design. She had the one with the red metal planter box.

Kingston, WA

Is you acanthus tasmanian tiger? That is a great one. I love begonias and have lots for sale. think they are great. What did you thinkof the one by plantswoman design. She had the one with the red metal planter box.

Snohomish, WA

Did see them and they were cool. Didn't say on the tag, just rex! But that was my guess when I bought it. Way up in Mt Vernon at Summersun Nursery. The angel wing is Looking glass, pretty sure. Got to get everything organized!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.