fountain ideas?

Danville, IN

Does anyone have a photo of a fountain made out of brick but also as part of a brick wall? I would like to create one on a brick wall in my new sunroom, but don't want to hang one that I could buy. I would rather have it built as part of the wall, if that's a clear explanation. I know I would have to have a collection basin on the bottom, but would love ideas as to how it can look with water either flowing in a sheet or better yet, more slowly down the wall, possibly hitting bricks that would stick out a little. The fountain/waterfall would be part of a brick divider half-wall that also is going to incorporate planting boxes. Any ideas or suggestions?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't have any pictures to help you, but the one thing you need to think about is what happens if the fountain needs maintenance. The last thing you want is to have to rip the entire wall apart to get to the fountain parts if they need to be cleaned or repaired and then rebuild it again. You can still build your own if you don't want a pre-made one, but I'd definitely consider access to fountain parts in your design.

Danville, IN

Excellent tip. I plan to have the recirculating pump in the collection area at the bottom and provision for the water line/tube to run through PVC up to the top. That way, anything "permanent" can be in place and just used for a framework. The ones I've seen are pretty simple in design. I just want the water movement, and then fill in with plants. I'll be sure to take pictures when it gets done.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.