February,still cold with lots of snow!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey, I thought you had to be a subscriber for this forum? I see Raynwaters isn't, but still here???

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well I'll be, one of my favorite Forums and you do NOT have to be, COOL! :)

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Does it make any difference???

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, cause you have to be a subscriber to get to many of the forums.

Sayre, PA(Zone 5b)

Sorry, Didn't know this was a private party.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

NO NO NO not what I meant at all!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I was just saying that there were many Forums I wanted to get to when I first came here but couldn't till I paid to be a member. I thought this surely had to be one of the forums that were tagged that way.
OK, I will shut my mouth now so not to be taken the wrong way again. :(

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

It gets confusing sometimes. :~)

You are more than welcome to hang out here Rayne.

Sayre, PA(Zone 5b)

Has anyone ever used the plastic case from a supermarket sheet cake for a mini greenhouse? If so, ............ I'm going to try using a pie pac to see how that works first. It's about time to get some of our seeds started.

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

What kind of seeds will you be sowing Rayne?
I like the cake case idea. I am soaking some Myer lemon seeds.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi Rayne.... I have used things just like that and sure..it will work. Just make sure you have good drainage.

Sayre, PA(Zone 5b)

We're using the stones for an aquarium in the bottom then a deep dish aluminum pie pan with all the little holes punched out so there's good drainage. We're going to start all kinds of flowers. My grandson wants to earn some money so we're starting seeds so he can sell plants.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Anything that will hold potting mix,you can punch holes in will make a good seed starter.
And any sheet of plastic will work for a greenhouse cover,I take coat hangers cut and bend them into semi circle stick in the soil over the trays and cover with plastic,believe me I save every type of plastic sheeting I can my hands on!!!
I know a guy,who collects those little kids swimming pools,fill with mix and plants hundreds of seeds at once,might have to give that a try myself!!!!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Oh I lurk here all the time but rayne you made me post. I am a sugar addict and the doc made me go on sugarbusters (long story) last week. Now I want that cake. You buy the cake send it to me and I'll send you the empty plastic back. Deal? LOL
Don does he plant all the same type seed? That is why I can never use the cake pans. I don't want that much of one type seed and everytime I have divided it up the seeds were needing different things.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome Raynewaters...the more the merrier, and if this is an exclusive club, they won't take me as a member...neither would Tammy with her beans, nor Kim who's exceptionally sweet qualify!! Don would certainly had vetoed us out!!
Kim, since you make your own chicken soup, try adding ginger to it.
Don, you are such a creative fella. Egads!! I had thrown all my wire coat hangers away. Tell me if I'm nuts...you know those styrofoam boxes that berries come in? Well, I sterilized them in the dishwasher, and plan to use them for some seeds. Hiya Cindy!

Hey Y'all,
Yes we are a happy bunch :)
Jaye I put ginger in everything including my chicken soup warms you through and through..mmm mmm good.ha ha ha...put a little hot pepper in too.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Let me guess, Kim...you have a pet called "Ginger"?

Hahaha not yet!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

No you can section off with wood or anything that would work!!!
Speaking of Ginger,the one on Gilligans Island,turned 74 yrs old last week!

Queen Emma,almost open

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

That Queen Emma is very nice looking Don, are you sure you don't live here?
Jen

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh gosh, Don. The Queen Emmas grow wild here in Maui. In fact, everything grows wild. You really, really must do something about your fear of flying because there is no other way to get to Maui. This is your place on earth. I can never explain to you the beauty here. Everything grows so effortlessly with no help whatever from the two-legged animal called man. It is truly incredible.

Aloha,

Princess Kilikina

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks,and it has a very sweet aroma as well!!!

Louc,have you bought a home there yet????LOL

What they haven't finished the road there yet????
I'm afraid if I ever went I wouldn't come back home!!!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Get you a shrink to get over your fear, Don! You must! For Patti's sake too! Nothing like the original surroundings. Wonderous of wonders, Hawai'i is such, Don!
Princess Kilikina..that has a nice sound when roll around my tongue!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL! Patti would brother go to Alaska!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOOOO HOOOOOOO Spring is a comin cause I got things sprouting all over the place!!! :o)

Show-off ;*)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

nuhuh! LOL

No fair ! I got one scragly brug sprout.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I got Stonecrop, Crocus, Tulips, you name it, popping up! :o)

Sure sign of better days to come! I had to start my seeds over ..not enough light :( But I went ot Lowe's so things will be better. Hey Tammie a very nice DGer is going to send me a Queen Emma baby in the Spring

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Rub it in why dontcha! LOL

Heheheh!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well you better cover them up,for a arctic cold front will be here in the morning,with wind chills down to single digits and freezing rain!!!!!

Better dig out your thermal undies!!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

If I had any thermals I would put them on my babies! HA HA HA

Keep them babies warm!! Nite all gotta go in early tomorrow :(

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

NITE! :o)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Don that Queen Emma is so pretty.

Congrat Kim on getting one of those beauties. Hey I'm right there with ya Tammie.

Welcome Rayne. I haven't been on for a couple of days posting anything, I've been down in the back for a couple of days because of the basement flooding and having to clean it out.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey Sis, hope all is better in your end of earth now! :o)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Back is still killing me so I can't sit here too long and post., but will be back and forth.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.