February,still cold with lots of snow!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HE HE HE I was glad we have a friend who was able to fix ours! :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Chrisiti,
Off to see the wizard,then you must be coming to Kansas,and just follow the yellow brick road!!!LOL
My Queen is starting to open,will get pics when it does,and there saying freezing rain and lots of it tomorrow and changing to snow tomorrow nite,up to 3 inches.
Just when it finally melts it starts all over again,where is spring??????

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Good question. We are on the line of that stuff coming in so who knows what we will get. We still have ice on the ground here from Monday.

Can't wait to see the 'Queen' in all her glory.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi, Don. Have you ever seen the fan palm. Truly amazing. Went to the Banyan tree today and that is another of the wonders of the world.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Isn't this wonderful. Christi's including us in her travels, by observing things growing in there, where we could only get glimpses of in a magazine or tv travel shows! Think of Buddha receiving 'enlightenment' under a Banyan tree.
You are in paradise Christi. What with sweet tasting bananas and papayas freshly plucked from the trees! Yayyyyy Mike...will you soon be one of Don's ardent fans??
I can imagine Jenny's head reeling with ideas on what to show Christi next!
(Sob) Having oatmeal with dried cranberries for breakfast here...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

:You are correct about Jen, Jaye. We have seen so many beautiful things in only 2 days, it seems more like a week. My imagination could not prepare me for the beauty of this place. For instance, the first time I went to Colorado and actually stood on the mountain at 12,000 feet, every picture from then on has had new feel. The air here is so pure...absolutely no pollution. Truly the land of the Gods. Will try to download some pictures later. Too much to see and do to take the time now.

Carol, AlohaHoya, is flying over from the Big Island today and we are going on a whale watching boat. Have already seen many, many momma's and their babies.

Mahalo Aloha,

Kilikina

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

That is so fantastic for you. Your description of the air and the way you are reacting to it all feels like I am there going through that very experience, thank you so much.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Will you get a chance to visit the island where the shoot the tv series Lost?
I believe it's Oahu.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Forgot pic

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

She's a beauty, Don! :)

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow Don, what's her name? You didn't say did you?

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Beautiful flower Don!! Well...I'll be lucky to get this typed. I keep getting all these popups....and then it shuts me down??????
Found out tonight ..Mike is sick....so hasn't made any headway on my computer! But then I am sick too...so I know how he feels!! What a bummer!!
WHERE IS SPRING????????

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Tropical Crinum,Queen Emma

Hope you get to feeling better,lots of flu just now starting to effect a lot of people around town,seems the flu shot everyone took wasn't the one that would work on the flu that has popped up around here!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I know!! Seems everyone has it here too. But this is more like bronchitis. Haven't had that for years!! And didn't need it now either!!
I had my flu shot. Yeah...I heard that about this yrs. shot too....hope they are wrong...whoever THEY are...lol.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Lets just all get together and go beat up whoever THEY are! :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Too sick to fight!!!!
Heading to wally for food!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I know what ya mean, this stuff just keeps hangin on and hangin on, and changing what it wants to do to your body!!!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Y'all need a big ol bowl of soothing chicken soup.Hope everyone gets well soon.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I'm lucky. Had a head cold last month but it only hung around for a week and I haven't gotten sick since. But I really feel for you all. I still remember what that cold felt like. Ugh.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Kim, are you gonna make a huge pot and send us all some?! :)

I 'm on it.. send the jet, I'll have you up and playing in the dirt in no time. :*)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok, I be waiting! :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Curious here,
How many make homemade chicken soup,how many buy campells and how many buy progresso soup?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I buy Campbells! :)

Sayre, PA(Zone 5b)

Can I join ya?
just found your web site today and have been surfing all day.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2008 8:06 PM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Campbell's is the next best thing to homemade and depending on who makes the homemade better than that! lol

Rayne you are more than welcome to join us!!

I make my own :)
Hello Raynewaters Welcome!!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome Raynewaters, have fun with the rest of us.

Don, I make homemade chicken, vege, vege beef and tomato soups. But I do buy Campbells too.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

BEWARE Rayne, there are a few 'enablers' here! :)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey Kim, is the soup done yet?! :)

Gotta simmer the chicken first...can you smell it mmmmmm :~p

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Nose is a fillin with the mmmmmmmmm good smell! :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Smells great!!!!
Yep Cambells too!
they hardly advertise anymore but progresso does all the time,especially if your on the Manhattan chowder diet!!!!! LOL

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I like Progresso's Lentil soup. yum, it's better than mine.

Sayre, PA(Zone 5b)

I usually make my own. But I buy both , My grandsons can't agree on anything.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2008 8:12 PM

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I make all kinds of homemade soups. We love soup in the winter, especially. But when I don't feel good, I can eat Campbells or Progresso. I think Campbells is from Ohio?? Now...I will have to go look that up....lol!
We had to go to the funeral home today....and a funeral tomorrow. Hate those things....but guess we do what we have to do!
But if I don't feel any better by morning...we won't be going!! I hate being sick worse than going to funerals!

Sayre, PA(Zone 5b)

My 10 year old grandson makes the best chicken broccoli soup I have ever had. He made it up on his own.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi Raynewaters!! Sorry I didn't say hi to you. Guess you will just have to forgive me and my fuzzy brain tonight!

Sayre, PA(Zone 5b)

Hey, I've had the flu and done the funeral thing already this year. You don't have to worry about me. I know where your coming from. you have my sympathy.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank you! You are so kind!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.