January Thaw,Peek at Spring,but snow returns

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

ROTFLOL!!!!!! Ok, I really take it back now if you are getting your fingers broke! Come on Patti, put that hammer away! HE HE HE

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You know...I was quite surprised myself as I really hadn't paid attention. I bought it at Walgreens, it has two outlets, and the timer part has a clear plastic lid to keep out water.
You can find some great outdoor timers at Home Depot now too. Heavy duty out door timer strips/columns. All of my outdoor lights on the deck that aren't hard wired are on timers..

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks,I'll check on them.

Hammer heck,her hands are stronger than mine!!!!!
She knows how to put the squeeze on!!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Maybe it is all that good food you feed her?! LOL Gives her the strength of Popeye! HE HE HE

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

That or 34 years being a hairdresser!!!
She's been retired now for 10yrs,hands are still as strong as ever,I let her open the pickle jars!!!LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well maybe we all should be berry,berry nice to Don, then! LOL

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL!!!! nite

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Nighty Night! :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Snow is back,about a inch so far,saying 3 to 6 inches today!!!!
Coming your way Pepper!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

You all keep that snow, I don't want it!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey Rj, my heat mat is on its way!!! :) They had responded by email this morning, so I called for them to do it manually as it didn't like my address for some reason. He said they get a lot of orders for them this time of year! LOL He was really impressed to hear your luck with seed germination, just in awe! Thanks again!!! :)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL...they should send me commision...someone else ordered some today too!
Your welcome..just remember...200 watts...hot...needs a timer..be wise on the surface area... I have towels under mine. I did practice runs with the seed tray s before planting as well to get things just so.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, they should! LOL I asked him if he had a clue how hot they got and he didn't. I have an old dresser that I am using as a 'plant stand' right now, but I will have to move a bunch more plants to the green house to make room! :) I will put a thick beach towel under it for heat absorption then. :) I am a newbie all the way around, so I imagine there will be a LOT of trial and error! LOL

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Me too, all new figuring it out...the beach towels work very good. These mats are made to go underneath material...so that's a good thing.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I am lucky to have such great mentors! :)
I did get an email saying it was to go out today, so I hope it don't get buried in all this darn snow!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I saw some pretty snowy looking pictures on the news...Looks like it's been an incredibly snowy winter from west coast to east up north

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I may have to use that mat just to keep my toes warm! LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Looky...looky...what I found today at Wallyworld America!! For only 4.95!! I have a big one, but couldn't resist this one! It seems to have more variegation than my big one. Are there different varieties of the variegated ones???

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

And look at my geraiums in the fruit cellar...putting out new growth already!! I will have to get them potted up real soon!!

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOW Marcy, you hit the jackpot there!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yes Tammy. My only problem is I am greedy...lol. They had a couple more of them...and I wanted them all! But I restrained myself!!!
When Dave walked in tonight, the first thing he said was...OH noo...not another tree!!! LOL!! I said...Yep!!! I am sure he would like to do away with me!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL Marcy! Did you tell him how well you restrained yourself?! HA HA HA

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well yeah...I did...as a matter of fact! I don't think he heard me though!!
He was too busy picturing how big the tree was gonna get in the future!!! And how he would be the one who had to carry it!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

HE'S SAYING, OH HOW I LOVE THEE, LET ME COUNT THE LIMBS!!!!!! HA HA HA

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hahahaha...probably NOT!!!! Butttttttttt.....just maybe...just maybe...this will make him see the light on a greenhouse!!!!!!!!! I doubt it though. Oh well. I WILL have one someday!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Start whispering to him in his sleep about the Green house! LOL

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

mmm.. nice varigated Ficus...
It's reminding me I need to re-pot mine soon amongst the thousand other things

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks RJ! Would you happen to know if there are different varieties of variegated Ficus? There is always plenty to do, isn't there?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Matter of fact I don't.. I didn't even know there were any until my friend said he needed to get rid of some ficus..so he gave it to me.. It's a very nice plant..
Yes..always tons to do...and if only the weather would start cooperating.. Spring is a frantic activity time for me..I work like a squirrel, and all the neighbors are wondering what the heck I'm up to know as I drag these full sized plants out of the back like a personal nursey and plug them into the front garden.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Only got a dusting to an inch here. But a major hwy east of me about 15 min or so got closed for awhile tonight due to white outs and lots of wrecks.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

so you got home okay tonight then?

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ok RJ....maybe Don will know.
Pepper...sounds like it's going to be awful around here late tonight and tomorrow. We have a winter storm warning in effect.
I am soooooooo ready for spring!
RJ...my son gave me a variegated ficus several yrs ago...about the same size as the one I bought today. I put in in my tropical bed every summer and bring it in...every fall. It has doubled in size. Taller than me now! He gave it to me because his cat was eating it! But then...his cat eats everything!! LOL. My cat doesn't even bother it.??

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

My cat doesn't either...Mine stays outside on the deck...it is touching the eve of the roof...and the pot is pretty small..so I know I'm going to have to wrestle it out of the pot..but hey...I really like the idea of putting it in the ground!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

So do I...but DH doesn't...lol! He's such a spoil sport!!!

Made it home fine. Roads were clear which was a major suprise to me. They have been really lousy at keeping roads clear this season. Plus the snow wasn't coming down that thick either.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That's good..that always lowers the stress level a bit...only one more day if you have weekends off!
I'm working overtime sunday morning

Have weekends off right now. This summer I will have to work a few. Depends on whether or not we can get dependable part time help to help out our full time weekend girl.

Snow isn't too bad to drive in if I can see. If I can't see very far and it's close to white-out I will stay at a coworker's til it clears. I have to drive a very hilly highway and there have been death's due to fog and other weather problems on there. If there is ice on the highway I will turn around and go back home. When the bus went off into the creek last month I almost joined it when I tried to stop on an icy hill.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks RJ. I was about to order from Park's for a heat mat. Instead I looked into Skycraft and immediately ordered 2! Total cost of 26.86 including shipping!
One at Park's would be that much and only measures 9 by 19 1/2 inches!
Kel calls it good shopping.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sure...
Ya'll be safe with them though...hear!?...that's my Seattle Southern accent.

LOL. They might decide to use them to keep themselves warm instead of plants. hehehe

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.