January Thaw,Peek at Spring,but snow returns

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Imagine that...I'm drinking iced tea in winter!!!
Whine..whine....

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

We have that humidity here too and the cold temps feels like the air is cutting you in half. I think I'm just getting older and not liking it at all.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, I always go outside to take breaks, and check the temperature. If it's 60F or below, I take my coat with me.
The upside of humidity though, is if it's 55F and humid, it makes it feel warmer

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

It does unless there's a cold north wind. Right now I feel like I'm freezing here in the house. But give me a few minutes and I'll have another hot flash and will know how you feel.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL...in any case it's cold if it's below 60F to me.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I guess all of that extra "padding" I have gives me a ten degree allowance! LOL!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I bet it would be. You all would freeze your toes off up here. Isn't it great to live where you have all that warmth.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I meant rj not you Texasgal.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

RJ and I are only 32 miles apart....so it goes for both of us! LOL!

The warmth is great! I was born in Gary, Indiana, and have walked to school in the snow in grades 1-3. Anyone under a mile had to walk...to school, home for lunch, back to school, and home again. I was so glad when we moved to Fla! We've only been back in cooler weather while in VA for four years 31 years ago, so I am definately S P O I L E D !!!!!!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Lake County, Indiana, extremely cold there with the lake snows and wind. My moms family was from that area. It was too cold for her so she came west. Should have gone south. She'd have like it better.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I've experienced it all - I've lived on the equator in Liberia W. Africa, to Anchorage AK.
Yes, unbelievably I lived in a place where I had to plug the car in at night to keep it from freezing- it's a heater on the radiator...Believe me when I say I bought a one way ticket out of there.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Who lives closer to the coast,Rj,or Jeanne???

60* here is shorts tank tops and sunglasses!!!!LOL

Why is it melting at both poles,and freezing here in Kansas????

This Texas Dawn Bougie still in bloom since October!!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

No kidding! DS used to say he wanted to go to Alaska! He never did....he never would have made it there; He doesn't like cold weather either!

I understand RJ you used to live in Idaho, did you tell me......Isn't it cold there also?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I think Jeanne does

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

You have magic fingers Don. It's a beauty.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

TM, we do....we are actually on the bay...hence Baytown. We're about 45 min from Galveston!

Love that Texas Dawn Bougie! I'll take a cutting of that in the Spring.....please!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes...Idaho, nippy in winter, before and after I moved to Africa..
Houston is the longest I've ever lived anywhere, and also my house is now the longest residence I've lived in now 9 years I think.
I've lived in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, 2 countries in Africa, Alaska, Colorado, Florida and Texas.

This message was edited Feb 6, 2008 9:48 PM

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

You bet!
So its Houston,then 30 minutes west to Baytown,then south 45 minutes to Galveston?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Rj, you like Texas best then?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, I'd have to say I really like Texas, although it took some getting use to. I didn't know a soul when I moved here, and it's by far the largest city I've ever lived in. I remember clearly driving into town and seeing the down town, then looking towards the Galleria which looks like another down town..I was very intimidated.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes about an hour to Galveston I'd say depending on traffic and how fast ya drive.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Houston, from where RJ is, it's East to us, then from us it's South to Galveston.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks Gotcha now!!!!
Time to bump this up to a new thread!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.