Don't know if this is the right place to post!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I will take 2 of these, please

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

All her 4" pots range from 1.75 to 3.50 for the most expensive ones.

Show is over because it was pouring rain and cold that day and I still had 21/2 hours to go............I will get plenty of pics in the spring on my plant hunting trips

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

WOW, those are amazing prices! Maybe I can afford more with postage! HA HA HA Thanks for the show, Gail! :)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

She loves plants and growing more than anyone I have ever met...........In the spring she will have a lot of 4" pots..........she has tons of hoyas in 4" pots..............they are always big and full.....................

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I love that heart shaped Hoya! So cool! You just let me know when you are going back and I hope we can work something out! :)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Would you do something for me, Misty? Just dmail me............and then I can place it in the folders .......only way I can remember anything.....just start a dmail and as you add to it I will add to your folder...............

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I can do that, but choosing which ones I want, that could be trouble! LOL

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

She tends to grow a lot of the same things............that is why I suggested you go back to November (I thought it was OCt but I was wrong) and look at the pics from this same place under indoor (I think) but I am positive I posted on the tropical, begonia and maybe even Texas forum. I also have pictures from another nursery I love in Boerne called Hill Country African violets and nursery.

Johnson's is a local place and I have posted many a picture from there also........all tropicals

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I remember you posting those way back then, too. I will have to see if I can find that one again. I just sent you a Dmail but it isn't showing? Is the pics from this one Local, or one you have to drive a ways to?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I think you had a wonderful time while you were there, I told you Tammy, I wanted to move now I know where.

Thanks for sharing all those beautiful pictures, I can't decide which ones I liked best and her prices are outstanding.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yep, moving to Texas with Gail! HA HA HA

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

How fast can you get here, I'm leaving in ten minutes, that way We can be there first thing in the morning.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

You just stop and pick me up on your way through! LOL
Gail would whoop us for sure! HA HA HA

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thats the wrong way, we are going south not north.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Texas is really lucky in that we do have great nurseries plus our Lowe's is outstanding in itself for carrying Exotica Angel label plants.......................I am in south Texas and have a good friend from MO. She used to drive home all the time from south Texas..............I am going to map quest and see how far it is.........be back............with info.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

My DIL to be drives to Lubbock all the time to see her parents. It takes a good 8 - 10 hours I think.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

OMG, another one of my problems, Exotic Angel Plants! LOL

San Antonio, TX

Whats the name of the nursery and where is it located?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Green Gate Nursery on Loop 123 around Seguin (and it is close to the cutoff of 48 to New Braunfels from 123 coming from south). You might want to take 10 out of san Antonio and take the 123 Loop going right off the highway and then go down about 5 miles south towards Stockdale but before you get to the cut off to New Braunfels on 48.

There was a woman there who had driven from Austin for that arrangement using the Philo 'Black Cardinal'

(Zone 1)

WOW, Gail ... your photo's always make me want to come to Texas to go plant shopping!

I think this might be the Alocasia in the third photo: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/53992/

I am so drooling at these photo's ... and I really, really want that Philo 'Black Cardinal'!!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Quite amazing aren't they!!!

(Zone 1)

More than amazing .... FANTABULOUS! I Love them all! Sure wish we had some local nurseries with nice plants like that!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh you and me both!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am hoping in the spring that she will bring some 'babies' out of the back greenhouses of Black Cardinal!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

We will cross our fingers and toes, Gail! LOL

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I can always find a reason to go see my adult kids and grands! This nursery is on the way home no matter which family I visit (LOL)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I have a public confession to make. When people get excited over plants as much as I do, I always get caught up in the moment and want to help them. Mistygardener, I already have as many spring trades as I can possibly do. Please forgive me!
gail

Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

Aren't we amazing folks? :) I just went through every photograph, ooooooohing and aaaaaahing like I was there too. :) Thank you for sharing, Gail! :)

-Joe

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Joe..........let me find the old threads from 3 nurseries I went to earlier in Oct and Nov.......be right back..............glad you liked them as much as I did!!!!!!!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I found one thread and will find the others............
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/789018/

I just found another trip on
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/788876/

I also posted on the Orchid and Hoya forums back in November from these same nurseries

This message was edited Jan 27, 2008 9:51 PM

Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

I hafta take you all with me over to Kingwood Center in Mansfield, Ohio. It's about time to visit them and be overpowered by their Easter lily display. They literally fill the entryway to the greenhouse with several hundred forced bulbs (pots five deep on either side of a space of a hundred feet long.) I think they're trying to find out how many lilies it takes to create a fragrance that stuns a person senseless. :)

-Joe

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Bring back pictures, please!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I would like to have enough Hyacinth to make a stunning fragrance, but afraid the cat would eat em up like my Pug did. Yes, please bring pics!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.