Tropical Gardening Parking Lot

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks Shari! A lot because you all are such great people!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Well, we do very much enjoy each other's company, that's for sure. We all seem to go into withdrawals when we have been away from DG too long!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

True so true!

I'm signing off nite nite all!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Just got in.....Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. It actually was nice all day today and supposed to be nice and warm tomorrow!!!!!

I'm kind of bias but I think this is one of the friendliest forums going! So ALOHA to our newcomers!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jeanne, from what I have seen of the others, I must agree with you there! I'm off to fix dinner...night all!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Nite all! Sweet Dreams!

Ha ha ha too right ...one forum for the real tropics and one for we tropical dreamers who try to create the ''tropical" look and feel in our own little bit of paradise.
Hope everyone in both places is happy and comfortable no matter where you are.
I think it is wonderful that we can share the best of both worlds don't you?.
I have learned so much and had the great honour to have been allowed to peek ...not only into beautiful gardens but wonderful lives different cuisines and cultures and to listen to excitment when something is happening (like 77 and LouC with grandchildren, like Shari and Rj and the others all having a ball together, this one going on a trip, that one proudly showing off their latest bloom etc).
New ones discovering the great hospitality and catching "tropicitus"
it is all a joy! aren't we lucky ? ...Tropicman is the king of Tropical dreaming and my hero ...he is a legend in his own lifetime :)
chrissy

Thumbnail by

chrissy you've said it very well. And what gorgeous blooms!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Ashley, my version was much shorter...
all the fun folk hang out here.!

My computer wasn't as bad as I thought ..so..lucked out there..

Raking soggy leaves, had to upgrade alot of the morning glories I planted last monday..they popped up in 2 days, and hit the seed dome in another two..

Fern is just really getting excited for spring.. It's really putting some height on. That one frond coming out is huge, and headed right for my chair, the garden throne...for which the entire garden is designed around!

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Went to Big Lots this weekend and bought some strands of lights for the garden..
found these acrylic led dragonfly lights, but they were all clear and white... So, bought some glass paint and jazzed them up a bit..I painted them all sorts of combinations.. They turned out pretty vivid.

When I check this forum before work~I go smiling :)
Plumies,ferns and dragonflies oh my!!!
Have great day everyone. :*)
Kim

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Randy, i'm really good at fun...especially after a bottle of wine...LOL..but i like that explanation best. the drangonflies are great. you must have some kind of underground thermal heating system in that yard...everything's so green!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I have been to Randy's haven. He has given boocoodles of information on his journal/diary. I am working diligently to change my growing conditions to match his but don't really have confidence it will work for me. Indeed, there is some form of magic at work. He has also given a list of the music he plays for his plants. Maybe that is the secret. I play Bradduh IZ and it soothes my soul. Maybe need to switch to Randy's list.

Good Monday morning, all. Supposed to be in the 70's here today. Don't think it will happen. Cloudy and raw so far. Just now reached 50 and it is real windy. I had big plans for the garden today but not in this mess. Indeed Randy has some sort of heating system all around his paradise.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2008 3:13 PM

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Randy, I love your dragonflies! Fantastic! I agree Christi, there is some kind of Magic around Randy's garden! It is just beautiful!

Chrissy, things are always a joy with you and your pictures! We enjoy them soooo much!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't know what it is this year, but it is pretty green for Jan. Micro climates!

Was trimming the Rangoon Creeper, which and pretty much draped itself over the Beaumontia Grandiflora, which I thought is a good frost protector for the Beaumontia...anyway...even though the leaves are look a bit haggard, looks like it's been busy!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's really going into action all over...so I'm glad I trimmed the rangoon.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Randy - that must have been the chair I was sitting in...great view of the whole place, and that fern was very, very close! I agree with the others, you have the magic touch! We are having such wind here! Last night it blew my bike over, so you can imagine what it is doing to my plants. Repotted my tall ginger yesterday, and with JB's help we got 'er done! that monster is 12 ft. high in places!! Wish my red and my white would do so well!

Glad your pooter wasn't as bad as thought.

Christi - doesn't sound like a fun gardening day.

Chrissy - beautiful pics as always.

Happy Day Everyone!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Seems I am in love with the word "indeed" today. Oh well, oldtimers has hit!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Indeed Christi!! LOLOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh dear, oh dear, Pep. We are the cleverest of all. heheheh

LouC

LOL. Sorry, but I had to grab that opening while I had the chance!!! I'm sitting here trying to stay in my chair cause i'm laughing so hard.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Me, too. Don't fall....

LOL. I won't. If I do I will send puzzle pieces everywhere cause my card table will fold and it will be even messier than it is now. Not worth it. lol

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, I love jigsaw puzzles. Taught the grandkids to love them too. Haven't done one in a long time.

I haven't been able to do one for awhile either. I just bought a card table to I could do them without sitting on the floor. Used to cross my knees so tight i would have to get up often to get the blood flowing again. No more of that now. :~)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, Pep. Don't tell me. No, it can't be. Surely not. You can't be. Aww, I'm sorry.

LOL. I still have my knees silly. I just don't have to sit on the floor anymore. I sit in this ole office chair and do multiple things at once.

anyone ever try jigzone.com? they have great online jigsaw puzzles; I do the puzzle of the day every day and sometimes one or two more.

I will have to check it out. I find they are more challenging though. lol

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Did not about it. Thank you for the information. Will check it out.

LouC

you can set them to be as many pieces as you like....

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

But watch out...they are as habit forming as DG! Used to the the P-O-D everyday, but as soon as you miss one, they start piling up, and I just couldn't keep up. Have fun!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Whoops. Just tried one and I was way too slow. How many pieces and what style do you two choose?

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Got to try that jigsaw thing - my passion is the newspaper crosswords on line. Three a night if I can keep my eyes open! I used to spend time running out to the street in my pj's waiting for the newspaper to come from the crack of dawn on, then I found the online Xwords! As we are so far behind in time I can do all tomorrows on the previous evening (if you can understand what I mean) - the only thing in life that I am ahead of!
Yowkie to all

I always pick the 80 piece classic; just can't get into all those weird shapes.
There's no such thing as too slow!! You are doing this for fun....remember? It's also supposed to keep your brain sharp!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yep ...I did the 80/classic as well. Same reason. You will find that you get quicker as you start working them.

Jenny - do you guys have ladybugs in Maui?

Aloha Shari and Everyone,

Yep, we have ladybugs but they don't look quite like the ones I grew up with in the UK. Wish I had more around the place. The ladybugs and the butterflies seem to spend the summer up country and come down to sea level for a little warmth when it gets colder up there.

Ice storm on the top of Haleakala last night and they closed the road up to the summit. Weird isn't it when you look at all the bodies in bathing suits on the beach down here, not too many miles as the crow flies!

Yowkie...

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That would be weird! Hope everyone is having a great day! I'm going to call it a night early! Sweet dreams all! Yokwe!

whoops - spelt it wrongly. Sentiment the same...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.