Tropical Gardening Parking Lot

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi Jenny! I seem to be having some trouble with my Dmail so just wondered if you got mine or not?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I noticed today that my Brugs leaves are really growing! I just hope I can keep em kicking till I get to plant them out! All I have are cuttings, so I think just keeping them alive is pretty good for a first timer! LOL

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Jenny!!~guess what ? I will be potting up some Caracalla in the morning :*) got some cute little sprouts.

Tammy sounds like your doing fine. I have 3 Noids that I will cut up in Spring I can send you some...they grew fast and smell wonderful!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Kim I just looked that up, very pretty! I did read it can be invasive in warmer climates, though.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, PRETTY PLEASE! LOL I am hooked on Brugs, for shame, NOT! LOL

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Our Lowe's lady said last night they will start getting their stuff in the end of February!

Well I won't have that problem...:*)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh you are sooooooooo funny! HA HA HA
Beware if you eat any of those Doritos, my mouth is still warm! LOL

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha Misty, yes got your D-mail, but wasn't sure what you meant about the noids?

Well done Kim, that sure was quick! The seed was good and fresh, but I think that is record time for sprouting!

No worries Tammy been looking for a reason to use the bubbler hahaha!!

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh, so sorry Jenny! Guess I shoulda thought of that since I had forgotten about the seeds! LOL It was the Gloriosa Lily seeds that you sent me. I had totally forgotten about the seed offer, as terrible as that sounds! I had also forgotten that when you listed them that they were NOID, so I had gone back and found the thread. Sorry to be so confusing!
Kim, good enough reason I suppose! LOL

I just nicked it soaked it in H220 water put it in a napkin then on a heat mat. I am soooo excited they are so pretty and and just want to smell there perfume.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I wanted a heat mat till I seen them at Lowe's yesterday. 33 bucks for a starter kit.

Tammy www.amazon.com has them for about 25$ plus shipping. I don't think that they are a must but bottom heat helps.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Kim! :) I wish you could see my puppies right now! Teensy is biting Tuxedo while he is trying to sleep! She is such an ornery little thing! He kept yelping so I shined the little flashlight in the cage and she is chewing on his ear! Poor thing!!!

I think they wanna play!! hehehe.How many puppies do you have?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

He wants to sleep, she is just a little booger! I usually can't hold her without her thinking it is play time and she thinks she is a big dog and chews you up! We had 3, but mommy was too rough on the last one and he didn't make it. :( He was also a late "bloomer" cause he came 5 1/2 hours later!

Oh I am sorry that one did not make it.I know you get a kick from them lil puppies. :)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, and he was totally different colors than these two. :( They are such stinkers! I was shocked when DH said we could keep em! :) Now if the decide it is ok to eat Mommy #2's plants like Mommy #1 did last night with my brand new hyacinth, that is a different story!

Nighty night my tropical pals!!
Dream Spring :*)

Thumbnail by kimarj

Did the pooch have a bellyache?

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Nighty night Kim, always dreaming Spring! :)

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, she made a BIG mess in the pin!

Well now the visitors have gone to bed after a beautiful Australia day ...everyone is gone ...oh well I just wanted to send a pic or two that the broadband would not allow this morning ...

Thumbnail by

We had a sunny day, a perfect 80F with a light Summer breeze.

Thumbnail by

You are all looking foward to Spring while our Summer has passed with little Sun and lots of rain

Thumbnail by

Snuggle up and dream of Sunshine

Thumbnail by

And all the wonderful new botanical adventures that 2008 (already almost a month old ) will bring

Thumbnail by

Thanks for your lovely pics Chrissy! Glad you got some sun. :) ! just got some corkscrew vine to sprout hope it gets to be as happy as yours. Everytime I see all your pods it knocks me out.

Kim :*)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Chrissy, your garden always gives me such a joyful feeling. Everything is really dreary out my window today. Two more months at the least before new growth.

Baby girl (16 months) is coming today so we are gonna have a good time.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Morning all! Chrissy, pics are beautiful as always!
Lou, enjoy that baby today! :)

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Nice to wake up to pictures of flowers.
Christi, enjoy your day with Erin!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I know you have all moved past the question, but as far as I can tell, bleeding hearts can be grown just about anywhere...

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh my gosh. I bought one like yours from HD late fall. Brought it into the house and it promptly lost almost all the leaves. Had to put it into the makeshift greenhouse and it is doing better.. Not thriving, but not dead yet either. Can't wait till Spring. When I say "like yours", same variety. Doubt if it will ever produce like that.

Thanks Shari! How old is that vine? It is beautiful. :*)
I will be happy if I can get one to grow in a hanging basket.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Unfortunately, this is not mine...from island of Pohnpei...the vine must have been 10 yrs old or more...it covered an entire 8 ft. fence! This is one of the pics I show mine to let them know what they CAN be!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Everyone!!!!

Randy said to say "HI! as his computer is down! So "HI!"!

Love all of the garden pictures Chrissy! So glad that you are getting some sun.

It was sunny here today, but we still have water standing in the back yard in several places from all of the rain. It looks like mini lakes! Anyone want to buy some water front property? LOL!

Youngest granddaughter is here, so will check with y'all later, Gators!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

First me now Randy. lol. I think our computers have become twins. hehehe

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Just got mine fixed! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA
Evening all! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.