Drinks/Dinner Talk on Feb 29th?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Critter, methinks that your memory must be playing tricks on you these days.
I mentioned my trip to meet the puppies on the old thread - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4393727

How's your supply of vitamin B-12? ;~)

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Pub crawl?? What happened to "bar hop???" Either way, if we ever figure out if it's Feb. 8th or 29th for the first crawl, I'd be thrilled!! I feel inclined to accommodate the folks who are coming from outside the asteroid belt-Critter, Chantell and Bec?--looks like 29th may be best. But then again, Feb. 8th will work if whoever will commit will commit.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wrightie, I was pretty fuzzy at that point... and that was a rather roundabout way of saying "so sorry I can't come on the 23rd, but we are going to see the puppies that day!" It really didn't register properly.

I think I'm probably back "out" on this one... but maybe it'll happen again another month, and I'll be able to put my "day at the Smithsonian followed by DG bar hop" plan into action!

Y'all have fun! :-)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Well, Wrightie can make it on the 8th, so I'm game for the 8th to see Wrightie and anyone else who can do it. (And Wrightie, if it's too long a trek to come downtown and you want to meet closer to home, that's ok too.) And then to meet again on the 29th. So 2 get-togethers -- plus 3 if you count Critter's. Three times a charm and all that.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy, downtown is easypeasy for me as I'll hop on Metro. I'll be at the Willard enjoying a glass of red at happy hour on the 8th. How's that for a commitment?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Sorry that you didn't get my play on words, Jill. You had asked what was so "great" in CT that I was missing the new swap date and I thought that I was being rather witty with my "Dane" reply (er, Great Danes?). Oh well, win some, lose some.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, don't worry... I get it *now*... but you may recall that I was pretty out of it at that point with this bug, so a lot of stuff just whooshed right past me!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wrightie: I'm delighted!

Ace, Wrightie!!

Aw Critter, are you a definite no, now? Shucks. But I know I'll get to meet you very soon.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think so. Parking mid-day at the Shady Grove end of the red line is just such a hit or miss thing... I might consider taking the Marc train in from Frederick instead, but between the transportation logistics and the fact that I'm just now turning the corner (I hope!) and starting to (finally!) recover makes me think that I'd better sit this one out (on the 8th). And I've got other plans on the 28th. :-(

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Did you say 28th? We've got the 29th in mind . . . .

And the 8th is still 2 weeks away. And no reason to make any advance plans. If you are feeling raring to go that morning, just hop on the Marc and we'll be waiting for you. Once you get on the Metro, you'll be almost all the way there. AND I can drive you home -- how's that?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Typo... 28th, 29th... Neither would be good for me to make it, I'm afraid. I'm not missing my kid brother's 10th birthday party, not even for my good garden buddies! And as far as the 8th goes, I'm just saying to make plans without me. If I can somehow manage to join in after all, great! :-)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Ok, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

You're just fun... and you don't like to give up on anything! :-) No wonder I have to think to remember your "real" name is Devon... I always think of you first as "Happy!"

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

You are so sweet!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Willard Hotel in DC, Round Robin Bar next Friday afternoon (Feb. 8th):

Who is planning to go? I will be there provided that others from DG also go. Otherwise, I have another invitation ... please post here if you think that you will make it for a drinkie or two(ie). :~)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/intercontinental/en/gb/locations/hotel-features/dining/bars/washingtondc-thewillard

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Wrightie

It is up to you.. We can do it at the end of the month if you want to go to your other thing

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm game! I'm going to a hockey game that evening, but a pre-game drink would be great.

On the other hand, I picked that day just because I thought it'd be convenient for you. Other than that, it was totally arbitrary. No reason you should skip your other invitation. Why don't you pick a day that works for you? I'm easy . . . . and I bet everyone else is too. Then maybe we can get Jill down!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Trust me, the 8th is convenient for me; I just didn't want to be the only one. Name your time, baby!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I have a 7pm hockey game at Verizon to attend (I'm not a hockey fan, but my 15 year old is and it's her birthday!). Beyond that, my day is open, and I work nearby so this is all easy for me.

So you guys set the time, and after french class (if you don't want to do it first) I'll open a new thread for an open invitation.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Shall we say 4 - 6pm ish? That would leave some wiggle room for those working downtown, plus gives you time to get to your game ... whaddaya think?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Please see the new thread for the 8th, so this thread can return to being on topic! I hope you all can join us for both!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/809597/

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Time to resurface this thread! All on board for the 29th?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I would be interested...who all's joining?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Might be just me and you! It's been pretty quiet on this thread!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Is this planned to be a lunch time gathering, or later?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I had assumed later, but I think I'm flexible. You, Chantell?

Hi, Happy and Chantell--I am still interested but the out-of-town trip I thought would be the weekend of the 23rd is actually going to be the 29th. We got an invitation to the party on the 29th the other day. My DH hasn't decided yet what to do, and I am hoping it will be decided this weekend!!

I enjoyed the gathering on the 8th and I'd do it anytime I can.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Foxnfirefly -- that's good news in that that suggests you can make it to Critters' swap. Yes?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

That was what I hoped when I read Foxy's post!

Oh, I just got back to this post. OK, I am still working on the 23rd plans. Will let you all know by Sunday, I hope. I am scourging around to see what I can trade. It won't be much, I'm sure.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm sure I speak for Critter is saying that the swap portion is secondary! None of this groups pays any attention to quid pro quo, and we'd all rather have you just come!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Exactly! Also, I'm planning to give everybody a few seed packets to start out with... if you don't make specific requests from me, you'll get something random, and you'll have to swap to go home with something you can use, LOL!

All right, I realize I don't need to swap but want to try 'cuz it sounds fun. Aahhhhh, that's the issue--"something I can use." I need to get over and read that list of wants and haves. I hadn't bothered because I wasn't sure I'd even be there. I just doubt that anybody could be interested in my stocks--daisies, varigated Bishop's weed, indigo, veronica, hostas, ferns, Sweet William, that's about it at this time. Oh, yeah, I have a few gladiolus bulbs.....have grown them several years and just ready to try something new....

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Foxnfirefly: It sounds as if you are talking plants; we're just talking seeds as this point (except there are no rules to speak of, unless Critter wants to set some), so no reason to dig up your yard in this cold.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I posted last night saying that, FnFF, all of those plants sound wonderful to me! Happy's right. No need to bother with plants at this point though.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think a few folks might be bringing houseplant starts/cuttings, but yes, lets keep it simple and stick to seeds for the most part... we can swap plants when the weather is better!

Hello, ya'll,
For this thread, the 29th gathering...I want to let you know that I will be going out of town for a party, so I will not be there this time. I will try to make future gatherings, though.

On the 23rd gathering at Critter's, I am a bit lost with the swap planning threads so I will just post here that although I will be around on the 23rd, there is a conflict with my son's baskbetball league game. It starts at 3 pm and we have to take him. I can opt out but will need to bum a ride....else, I will be out of the party. On trading...all I have is plants, really. I haven't been collecting seed, but I have some "extras I may be willing to devvy out if anyone wants them. Which thread do I do that on??

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Foxn: See http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/808347/. But I don't think you need to bring anything, so don't worry about it. I'm happy to drive you if you can pick you up at a Metro stop -- is that doable?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sorry all just catching up - I was thinking it was "after work time" on the 29th - correct me if I misunderstood please.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.