Drinks/Dinner Talk on Feb 29th?

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Okay I started a new thread.....

Drinks by a metro stop.

I am off at 3:30.... Anytime after that is good with me..

Where are we meeting, and what metro line is it off of... I can have one drink, because I have to drive from New Carrolton to Glen Burnie...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wrightie was suggesting the Willard, which is a couple blocks from Metro Center. Will that work?

(Jenn -- so the 8th was out for you?)

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

I have to check on the 8th... give me until tonight...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ugh!! I can't that day...my mom's coming down that afternoon and staying a day or 2. Please let me know the next time ya'll get together...happy to head over after work.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell: Which day can you not do -- the 29th or the 8th? I was hoping to find a day that the most people were free.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

The 8th...but if that's best for everyone - I'll be there for the next one.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

So for those of you watching and thinking of joining us, which days work best for you? After work on a Friday in February -- either the 8th or the 29? At this point I think only Jenn and I have committed, with maybe Wrightie though she has a long treck, and Chantell if it is on the 29th and various others of you at shakier commitment levels. We should go with whatever brings the most of you to our beautiful city!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

So Wrightie: Can you make it the 8th or the 29th?

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Hi, I am okay with the 8th or 29th.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Whoops ... just seeing this. The 8th might work out for me, too.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Well I may be selfish, but I vote for both days because I'd like to see Wrightie on the 8th, and Chantell on the 29th, plus Jenn and Fox and anyone else. What do the rest of you think? Chantell and Wrightie, if that is just too much of a trek, just shout. (Wrightie, we can always get together for a cup of something closer to home . . . )

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Both days are fine with me.. That just means the hubby will have to watch the girls..

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Now I am all excited... I couldn't make the 29th, but I might be able to make it on the 8th! Assuming DH is in town that day, he can just plan to work in Rockville that afternoon and drop me off at the Metro station (parking at the end of the red line has become a real bugaboo; the garage just fills up).

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Woohoo!

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Well, that's good!! So, we have Critter? It looks like plans are taking shape. As I mentioned, I am good with the 8th or 29th.

So, let me know when you are ready to sew up the arrangements. I am assuming it will be "after work" or happy hour time, which is usually 4-6. I have been to a few places around town and like the one across the street from the Spy Museum. Forgot what the name of it is. Darn. I was at the D.C. Chop House in December and it was pretty good.

But if you're thinking near Metro Center/at Willard, that is fine, too. I think I was in Willard for a tea party one time for a co-worker who was lucky enough to get another job!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm a definite maybe. I've got in penciled in on my calendar, at any rate! But March 8 is a ways off... :-)

I'd either be coming straight down the Red Line or (more likely) making a day of it by spending a couple hours over at one of the the Smithsonian museums first. So near Metro Center or near the Smithsonian would work for me... near some Metro stop for sure, please, because I don't much know my way around downtown!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Er, it was Feb. 8th, not March 8th, if I'm not mistaken -- http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4429267

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

??

I'm back to being confused.

I thought the first week in Feb. was being discussed for a get-together in Glen Burnie.

And I thought Feb. 29 was the DC get-together, except some folks couldn't make it until the following week...

If I'd looked at an actual calendar instead of penciling a post-it note above my computer, I'd have figured it out, as I guess March 8 is a Saturday.

*sigh*

Hmm... I'm still not anything like back on my feet, so I can't really make plans. Jim won't be available that day to drop me at the Metro, though, and that lowers my chances of making it. So for me, it's back to looking foward to seeing y'all on the 23rd -- OF FEBRUARY, just so we're clear. LOL

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

As far as I'm aware, the Glen Burnie lunch date changed from the day after tomorrow (my day off) to next Friday instead ... not sure if that's still true or not though.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ok!

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

HAHAHAHA I am free. Someone just tell me where to go! lololol

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Ok, so we're on for February 8 and 29, and maybe we can do March too when Critter is back on her feet! We ought to meet a lot now, because by April we'll be too busy gardening to talk!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Weekly Pub Crawl? (I'll call the Round Robin bar @ the Willard!)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Now you're talking!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

29th is still fine for me...the 8th is the only day for Feb that I'm NOT free just let me know.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh woe is me ...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

wats da matter you - Miss Wrightie?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh how I miss you, Chantell!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Aren't cha comin' to Jill's?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

She has "plans" la dee.... and she claims she cannot change them to suit us! Imagine! :^)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

My imagination is certainly not THAT capacious!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I'll have you know, that I was saving February 2nd for *months* so no fair giving me a hard time for this one! ... We're planning to go up and meet the puppies on the wknd of the 22nd. If the breeders are able to push it forward by one week, then there may be hope, but it doesn't sound likely.

This message was edited Jan 24, 2008 7:23 PM

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I know. And I'm really sorry I had to push the date back. Since I'm still not back on my feet (less dizzy at least, but still spending most of my time on the couch or in bed), it was a necessary call... but I hated to do it!

I didn't realize your "out of town" trip was to meet the puppies! All is immediately forgiven. :-) I'll cross my fingers that you're able to go up a week sooner... I know you can't wait to see those little rascals, so sooner would suit you too!

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

I am so lost... Are we talking about the day at Jill's or the pub crawl?

This message was edited Jan 24, 2008 9:20 AM

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Can I come for drinks in DC - please, please??

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

I hope you do come... :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sorry, Jenn... we got O/T because Wrightie wanted to see Chantell (wasn't going to happen because of dates for this), and Chantell asked if Wrightie wasn't going to be at my place, so I explained that no, she wasn't, and I gave her a little bit of a hard time about it, which I then retracted.

Clear as mud? LOL

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

It is as clear as mud.. Thank you.. :) :) :)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

"Minds gone Wild" Pt II - ROTFLOL....ahhhh, Wrightie you KNOW if it involves the pup - there's no decision to be made....long as you take some updated pics and post...deal...or no deal?!! AAANNNDDDD promise that soon after (or before) we'll all meet up for drinkie-poos or whatever...gab sessions are just fine...as if...we don't do that enough here....LOL
"Clear as mud?" Jill - notice everything comes back to plants? Ha!!
Becky - my buddy in crime...you KNOW I wanted you to come...yipee!!!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Bec: PLEASE COME. We've got 2 dates pending: Feb 8 and 29. I also floated the possibilitiy of moving Feb 29 a few days later -- or better still we can get together again in March -- in case Chantell decides to order any of the tempting flats she mentioned on the other thread. Maybe we can find a date when both Critter and Bec can make it.

By the way, has anyone heard from Brent?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.