Lunch in Glen Burnie MD, last week of January?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL ... I was a top-rate sulker back in the day!!! (what'd ya do wrong, happy? lol)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

She is this moment refusing to go to her horseback riding lesson (this after watching an R rated moving last night on tv, which she is not permitted to do, leaving an entire slab of ham out of the fridge after her lunch (which the dogs found and polished off), using an unopened bottle of spring water to refill the dogs' water bowl, not to mention the fact that her room hasn't been cleaned up since forever. So I just took away her favorite computer game.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oi vei ... this is not going to be her best day.

You're not playing the computer game this afternoon, are you?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I am playing a computer game, but not the one I hijacked from her -- the computer game is called DG, and it is keeping me from planting my bulbs. So off I go, and if you see me post again this afternoon, well, shame on me. (Though it is so cold out that I don't know how long I'll make it!)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I'll warm some brandy for your return! Have fun.

I went for a run earlier and need to jump in a hot bath to warm back up because as soon as I stopped, I started to get chilled to the bone ...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

OK, I peeked (and yes, thank you for the brandy), but I'm just checking zones, then back at it.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Happy--I can plan on doing something the 15th or 29th of Feb. Just let me know which one. JeanG--LOL!! I am in HR, too. Right on the front lines of customer service. Right, not important but the people we deal with think they are!! I would take the remainder of the day off because I can't go back to work stupid-faced, or don't want the stress of rushing through an outing. I always have lunch at my desk, anyway, and need to push myself to get out once in a while, though it is so hard since we are short-staffed.

Hey, Wrightie, your doggie will love you more if you bake those cookies for her. She will see you doing it and smell them baking and all. I do not know of a canine bakery. There may be one in Old Town Alexandria. That is Dog City and very dog-friendly folk live there. I used to live there. I like to give my dog bones every morning if we have them. Sometimes, I order ribs for dinners just so I can take the bones home for him. He loves me for it. He also likes chew-gars. Here's a link to them:

http://jz-rose.com/Pet_Shop/category/PET-PCH

Oh, if you're loooking for political playboys, start jogging around the Capitol at noon.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL! Suddenly, I'm compelled to run down to the Mall at lunch time just for the view.

Sadly, FnFF, I am dog-less at this time. Fortunately, that should change in about 7 weeks though (I'm not counting the Days or anything!). We lost our last dog to old age back in June, so we are awaiting our next puppy. I ended up ordering some treats from sitstay.com, but I will indeed bake for the new puppy.

I like to give raw beef marrow bones to my dogs, but I'll take a gander at the chew-gars link in a second -- great name!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I have to check the p-update thread, but I think Wrightie's doggie is still in utero... d'ya think that puppy will be spoiled? ;-)

There's always a booth at our farmer's market with gourmet doggie treats, but that doesn't help you since I never picked up a business card... and the market doesn't re-open for a couple of months.

I could make plans to go Smithsonian-stomping some Friday, with a lunch break or cocktails afterwards, but probably not next month... I have a party to get ready for! And the last Friday of the month is my brother's 10th birthday, so we have plans. :-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Critter, you have a 10 y.o. brother???

Clarification, LOL, my pupster is all of TWELVE days old. Snort.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wrightie, what's the date the last Friday of the month? ;-)

It's his 10th birthday, yes. But he's only 3 years younger than I.

Sorry to have lost track of your pupster -- missed the birth!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Critter: So cute, the leap year trick!

Fox (and everyone): I would love to do lunch or drinks after lunch on either the 15th or 29th of February. Wrightie -- do either of those days match up with your Friday-off schedule?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey, the kiddo came into the world a month early just so he could be born on Leap Day! LOL

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, that's AWESOME, Critter! Only 10 February 29th's in his lifetime? Love it. He most certainly will never "grow up."

Gosh, Happy, I haven't done the math for February yet, so I need to mark up a calendar and get back to you. :) I know that my first Friday off is 1/25, then every other one off from that pt. forward.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wrightie: Oops -- they puts you at odds with Fox's schedule -- your days off are the 8th and the 22nd.

Fox: Any chance you have any flexibility there?

Where did my message go??

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Drats! I may have another commitment on the 15th, but I might be able to get downtown for cocktails after work on the 29th(?). Don't change anything on account of me; I'm sure that we'll find a way to get together eventually. I posted on the Pupdate thread that I want to have a Meet the Puppy party (an excuse for cocktails & nibbles, while also getting the puppy socialized to scary humans). That would likely have to happen in March or April while he's still quite young.

I just typed to say, Wrightie, have you named your puppy yet?

LOL. This is weird. I guess we were typing in at the same time. I need to get off the PC now. Talk later!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

FnFF, There's a Ghost in Your Machine!

LOL, if it's a boy, his call name will likely be Zebedee after a character from a fantastic British children's show from the [trippy] 60's & 70's. :) The name of the show is The Magic Roundabout.

On a side note, Zebedee means "gift of God" ... and since the litter arrived on my DH's birthday, we find it to be rather fitting!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

That's a wonderful name -- very nice lilt to it, and you don't have to worry about other dogs having the same name!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's an example of the show - each episode is only 5 minutes long. DH used to watch it as a child. It was always on right before the news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caIS7eYfpMA Unfortunately, I don't think that Zebedee makes an appearance in this one, but you'll get the idea.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, here's the original BBC episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3DcChXNyYQ&feature=related

Sorry for hijacking! I'll stop now!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Quite charming. In a 1970s sort of way!!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Well, I can't criticize it. I was a member of the Banana Splits fan club- check it--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2se2I70CJ0

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Trust me -- that wasn't meant as a criticism. I am very grounded in the '70's!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, I didn't take it as a criticism. We have a VHS tape of several episodes that DH brought back from England several years ago. If and when we ever get together over here for drinkies, I can pop it in ... it seems like adults tend to get a bigger kick out of it than children as there are a *lot* of "adult" jokes that the writers slipped in.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Gotta love those hidden adult jokes!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok...just found this thread and will need to actually finish reading thru it...but meeting up for drinks??? Yeah...there we go...I could even con Becky into coming...keep me from getting lost on the metro...LOL Do we have a date set or what? LOL

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I think we are tentatively at the 29th after work, near the Metro -- kinda silly date, though, since it's right after Jill's get-together. But so be it.

Fox, is that still good for you? We are looking at the 29th because you thought that would work for you. If that doesn't work for you, it might be nice to move to February 8th, when Wrightie is free, after work.

Jenn: Haven't heard from you yet -- is that date a possibility?

I suppose I need to set up a new thread. We have thoroughly hi-jacked this one! I'll wait 'til I hear from Fox and Jenn so we have a date to work with. I'm dmailing you!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm hoping this will start up a tradition of getting together down that way... can't make it on the 29th, but could probably make a day of it another time... been too long since I've spent a day on the mall! :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

If a new thread is started please post here...I have a tendency of missing thread...ugh!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Will do.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell, are you down near Fredericksburg? I'm just wondering if you would really be available to come by for the "Puptail Party" or if you're a zillion miles away ...

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

I had to double check with my husband, and he told me he would take the girls to dinner! :)

I can make it.. I am off by 3:30 :), but I am sure that is very early for everyone..

I am at 18th and K, so please let me know where you want to meet...

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/805923/

New DC thread. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Wrightie, LOL - about 20 min's south of Wdbg (read Potomac Mills Mall) - does that help? It's not too bad - only takes about 45 min's to DC from my house. Unless of course, you'd rather I stay home...*sniffle, sniffle* ROTFLOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey, Chantell, I know it's O/T for this thread, but since we're talking directions...

When you come up this way do you come past Brunswick? If so, maybe you could pick Bobbie up on Tea Party day if you and Becky are coming early to go to Dutch Plant Farms... that expedition is probably more than we could ask of Rick, and I'd hate for her to miss out, but if she could catch a ride with you then Rick could join us at the house later.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh woe is me!!!! I'm not going to be able to come to lunch on Friday. Son Josh is going in for Lasik eye surgery on Thursday and I knew I was taking him to that, but I just found out that there is a follow up appt on Friday. I thought maybe I could pass it on to Ric and still make lunch but he's working Friday so looks like I'm on the hook for Friday, too. You girls all have a great time and I hope to see you all at Critters in Feb. Holly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.