Lunch in Glen Burnie MD, last week of January?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Anyone interested in lunch at Greenhouse Grill in Glen Burnie, a weekday in the last week on January? I have been there a few times, garden themed decor and the usual soup-salad-burger-sandwich lunch menu.
Gita, noobiegardener and I are trying to get together for lunch in Glen Burnie. The last week of January works for us so far. So, c'mon, we know you don't have too much gardening to do!!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hmmm... I am off work on Friday the 25th, but I will be working the Great Dane Booth for the Pet Expo in Timonium ... I think that I might not have to be there until 2pm ish, but I'm not sure of those details yet. Must look at map of me, Glen Burnie, and Timonium to see if it's even do-able.

easy to get to from the beltway, on ritchie highway, just above furnace branch road.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally I'd be interested in comming. Right now my calendar for the 21st,22nd,25th, and the 28th thru the end of the month is open.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Looks like this place will be close to the Balt. Beltway, right? If we did this on Fri. the 25th, I'm thinking that I'd have to leave NLT 1PM in order to get to the fairgrounds and help set up ... You're probably thinking of meeting around 1PM though, right? LOL

By the way,,,I just remembered I have to work on 22 and 23, but the other days should be fine.
I can eat lunch as early as 11 or 11 30, no diffy to me at least. W, you can be on the Beltway in five minutes from the grill, if the traffic light gods aren't too angry that day.

My personal fave plant-clearance Lowes is right on the way, but I guess there won't be much this time of year.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wish I could join you, but I have huge work deadlines for January 31 . . . .

So, shall we say Friday the 25th?
the 'guest list' is still open !

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

If it was the weekend I would go, but I work in DC.. :(

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

My window is getting tighter. I now have an 8AM oil change that morning and he claims it should only take an hour. Pretty sure that I can still manage to get oil change, meet for lunch and run to Timonium... what says everyone else?

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

I would love to but I also work in D.C.!! The place in Glen Burnie sounds neat, though.

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Where do you work in DC if I may ask?

At the Smithsonian Metro stop. In USDA.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

We DC people need to meet for lunch. I work at 14th and F, NW.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

If you ever meet up on a Friday, let me know -- I might be able to play, too!

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

18th and K is where I am.. We are not to far away...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

This is definitely do-able!!! We could be topical and meet at the Botanic Gardens. Or we could just go to a bar for some of my second-favorite activity. Or we could be sensible and grab a quick sandwich between deadlines.

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

That would be nice. I could have used it today.. I was pulling my hair out! lol

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

uh oh, cocktails after work? Keep me posted!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

The Willard has a spectacular bar!

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

that is not a bad walk if they would let me cut through the White House lawn... HAHAHAHA

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I love the Willard! I am moving into a new office with a wonderful view of it. If I ever get around to getting out of my old office . . . . But I also like cheap dives, so I'm happy either way.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm game for whatever, but couldn't resist throwing out one of my favorite drinking holes. :)

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Willard sounds great to me! Can you make it some Friday?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I sure can! But not next Friday. :)

Don't drink and drive! Take Metro. Ha, ha. I do, anyway. It is hard for me to get out for lunch. My office is a pressure-cooker, and we are clocked on bathroom breaks (well, not really).

I don't have a favorite watering hole in D.C. 'cuz after work, I like to get the dickens out of town.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, I am definitely taking Metro for drinkies! I hate that I changed jobs and now have to DRIVE. Yuck.

But ... I like the new job, so I won't complain too much.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Foxnfirefly: What works for you? Is there ever a time you can meet? Wrightie has every other Friday off (lucky her). I'm nominally part-time, but I have flexibility -- though I definitely am in a pressure cooker. Next Friday is awful for me too, but I think any Friday in February works for me. There's always February 29 -- Leap Day is a freebie, isn't it?

JennGroves: What about you? And how do you ever make it to work each day, coming all the way from Glen Burnie?

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

I drive to the metro and ride in. I have to look at outlook... I can answer on Tuesday. I have flexibility though so there are no worries there.

As long as nothing with Decision 08, a PM, or some other big shot is not around I am good.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

So JennGroves, 'fess up: what do you do?

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

I am an HR Manager.... :)

I am not important..... The people I work for are...

ha- I'm even less important ! I am not 'working'

well, I am on the list as a substitue lunch monitor- yeah, thats why my parents sent me to college.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, Sally, I dream of being less important, just like you...

oh, I 'm not complainging, really, but it's not all bon bons on the sofa, and it can take a toll on one's self-esteem... Every day I live in mortal fear of my hubby ditching me... NOT really! but it happens......But I digress.....

Back to drink plans, lunch plans, other fun stuff !!! Let's all be young and carefree again!

Thumbnail by sallyg
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Heh, my goal for some time now has been to become a Kept Woman on the same salary that I currently bring in. A girl can dream ...

Hey, I need to find some boutique pet shops/bakeries that carry homemade dog treats -- I think that there is one on State Circle in Annapolis. I don't think that Crunchies has homemade/gourmet stuff, but I cannot remember. I know that there are a few in DC down near the Eastern Market Metro stop ... can anyone else recommend some others in MD or DC?

I want to send a "gift basket" to my baby momma ...

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Hmm. There was one in Bethesda but I think it went out of business. I'll check with my girls -- they'll know for sure.

(And I too would like to be a kept woman. Sally, I'm green with envy.)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, right. Good idea, Happy. Surely Silver Spring, Bethesday & Rockville would have doggie boutiques? I wonder if Takoma Park does ... Must do some cyber-sleuthing.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Seriously, there are a ton of recipes out there for doggie biscuits. We have a cookbook somewhere. Wouldn't some home baked goodies be even better?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, I know, I know. You're right. I even have a new treats cookbook ... just feeling a wee bit lazy. You caught me!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

That reminds me -- I forgot to ask my daughters about treat stores. One isn't home; the other is sulking. But I'll get to it eventually.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.