Garden pics

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Kilikina, that will make a wonderful new thread: Princess Kilikina's voyage to Paradise. I can't wait to follow it. Take lots and lots of pictures.

Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

And you as well, my friend. I love traveling vicariously with you and Gail.

Aloha and yokwe

Kilikina

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I love "touch cheeks", but from me dear friend it is a squeezy bear hug to pack in your suitcase!

This is so much fun!!!!!!!

S

Here is a photo of a mermaid taken from the Atlantis submarine tour in Grand Cayman. The picture quality is not great, havig been shot through the sub's porthole but it has a spooky quality I rather enjoy.

Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Assume that this is a statue that is somehow attached to the ocean floor, is that so? Sparks the imagination.

C

It is a bronze statue that is firmly anchored to the bottom. She stands 10 feet tall along the submarine's path. Her outstretched hand seems to tell visitors to go away.

Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

very nice. Have a great time on this next excursion. Lots of pictures.

c

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Whoops, must have forgotten to hit send. Very cool Sylvain, and you're right she does look eerie!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I think that is the mermaid that bore witness to John and Katie's wedding! See any u/w matrimonials there Sylvain?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

She does look eerie! Nice picture tho, Sylvain!

How many days, Christi? Six......

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

yep. Jeanne, why don't you just come and go too?

This morning, I thought I'd share this picture of myself in front of a small submarine that has been sitting there in Georgetown, Grand Cayman for a very long time. I always make it a point to have myself photographed in front of it when I am there. I must have 6 or 7 such pictures chronicling my various hair styles or lack thereof since the last 17 years.

Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

That's a good idea. I love series of pictures. Over the last 40 years I have had various colors of hair and various degrees of fluffy. One year when we looked at all the years of Christmas pictures, it was hard to recognize the blond, redhead, frosted, auburn, grey, thin, not so thin, not thin at all person that kept showing up every year always in a different costume. hahaha

LouC

Always with Lucy's personality full out front.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi, I wish I could! I'm not well enough to try to travel at this time, plus my Mom has been ill for several months. She is kind of frail, and we are the only ones here in the area to help take care of her. She has COPD and can go from bad to worse in just a matter of hours. I won't be making a long trip for sometime, but I can still dream. I have pictures of the islands on my computer. I put them in view slides and turn on Bruddah IZ and dream. DS also made me a DVD with Hawaiian pictures and music to remind me of the wonderful years that we had on Oahu! Maybe another time! But "Thanks"!

I know what you mean, TXgal77... That is kinda the reason Gail and I are traveling so much all of a sudden. Mobility-wise, Gail is declining slowly but steadily. It can't get better. The best we can hope for is that her acute arthritis will remain stable for a while.We both know that one day, such dream vacations will be impossible. (SNIF)

Then, all we'll have will be vacation photos and our memories. Then, we will spend long evenings arguing about such things as: Where did we go to a luau? She'll say Oahu and I'll stick with Kauai. In reality, we were at a luau in Maui but nobody will be setting us straight. Oh, the joys of older age. What am I talking about? We do that now. Imagine what it will be like 20 years from now.

Keep well and enjoy life.
Sylvain.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

As long as you have wonderful memories to share it's OK if the details get a little foggy. It's the thought that counts! Enjoy each other while you can!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

My darlin one's memory is so bad, that I can weave great stories out of whole cloth and he'll sit and say - gosh, wasn't that a great vacation! Ha Ha! Not quite, but pretty darn close! We do have wonderful travel adventures though, and luckily the pictures to know that we didn't just dream the whole trip!

Ah, but the dreams ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.