Movies, TV, & Stars,What is you favorite and least favorite?

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

This isn't TV or Movies. It's music and one the funniest songs I've ever heard. Flight of the Conchords is the comedy/music group." Business Time" is the song. Definitely worth a listen.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Don't know it Venu.

Like several others, I was a rifleman fan. (Victor, I would have thought that was before your time.) Loved Chuck Connors. Also liked him in Branded

Another, nonfan of American Idol

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I saw it it reruns, Dave.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

"it" reruns on your post too!

Phoenix, AZ

FAVES... 50's and 60's
Route 66
77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Palladin
Gidget
...ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR

...am not really as old as you may think!!! LOL

WORST...
Soupy Sales
...any "reality" show. I saw the first Survivor and that was it~!!! But they're CHEAP to make and the audience is biting the hook. Dumb and Dumber. Sorry.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Didn't anyone else love St. Elsewhere? It was one of the first ensemble shows and was just great. I really liked all of the ensemble shows, especially all of Bochco's shows. I even liked his failures and I taped every episode of Cop Rock.

My favorites now are Rescue Me, The Shield, and The Office.

By the way, Tir, Natalie Wood's real name was Natalie Gurdin. Natasha is only a pet name for Natalie, so every Russian Natalie is called Natasha by the people who like her.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Loved St Elsewhere. My DW just reminded me that was where we met Denzel Washington. Bochco was truly on a great role. Even made the goofy premise of Doogie Howser work. But, I thought Cop Rock was pushing the envelope a bit too far. (I'd like to see one again, though)

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Haven't heard much from Sci-Fi fans. My all-time sci-fi is the series Firefly. Didn't last long - for those of you who aren't familiar with it, it was basically a futuristic Western in outer space. Awesome!

Great dry humor and one-liners, such as "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command." And, "Jayne, your mouth is talkin'. You might wanna look to that."

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue

Yes - good one Zu. St Elsewhere was a good show. Dave, I didn't know you were on the set.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Rats, the pic got messed up - oh, well!

Here is one that has not been mentioned.

Edward Scissor hands

I think it was in the first movie thread.

OK - Rose Red

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Sue - What is your pic of? Buck Rogers? Gotta love beedie!

I watched a couple of the Firefly series but did not get into it. Doctor Who did not get into that one either and it did not last long. New one the Tin Man don't even like that one.

One I wish they made a series out of was The Lost Room. A series on that LONG movie the possibilities could be endless.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Beedie, beedie, beedie, OK Buck! That reminds me of Knight Rider and BJ and the Bear, then the Dukes of Hazzard come to mind. I had a crush on Luke Duke. I used to kiss his picture every night before bed. Oh no! Now that reminds me of the Greatest American Hero! My next crush... oh, how embarrassing...

Dad and I used to sit and watch Hill St. Blues, St. Elsewhere, Dynasty and Dallas together. Mom only watched 60 Minutes. Some of those 60 Minutes articles left strong impressions on me!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I remember when 60 minutes first came out and I thought, piece by piece, corruption would be weeded out. Not sure if it was my youth or the sense of change in the country at that time. funny in retrospect.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

It was still a good show.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Very much so. Still is.

It was me that was funny.

Mike Wallace is what, 103 now?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

If you ironed his face, wouldn't it be huge!?

Ouch!

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Ouch and gross, lol!

I just watched who want to be a millionaire. The question was What country did the Constant Gardener take place in. I did not know the answer and it was a thriller - which I love.

Was it a good movie?

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Was it Africa? I didn't see the movie but I think it had good reviews.

Yes it was Africa. You win 16,000 bucks! Kenya was the only African one. I think Istanbul (sp) was on the list.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Yea! Free bulbs and shrubbery for everyone!! Wait didn't someone want a shrub in a Monty Python Movie?

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

The Knights Who Say Ni wanted a shrubbery as payment.... was it payment to be let through some forest or other??? MP and the Holy Grail was the movie.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

I used to watch Dynasty when I lived in Belgium in '85/'86. A bunch of Americans got together every week to watch it. It was funny, they pronounced it with a short i sound - "Dinasty".

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Thanks, DiggerDee! I remember now! got any coconuts to clap together?!

I also watched Dynasty-were the shoulder pads ever that big? Must say they had the best cat fights on that show!
There was also Falcon Crest that fell into the prime time soap opera category.

Anyone a fan of Soap? I loved that show - it was crazy.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Loved Billy Crystal in Soap!

The whole cast was great.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Remember Bob and Chuck?

Oh yeah! Here's a clip:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wTeppN1PwH8

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Great to see Bert again! I loved that show too. Great cast.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

doctor who lasted longer than almost any show ever - it was on for about 30 years in the UK. mostly it ran on PBS here - i spent my early teens totally addicted.
now there is the new series in the uk, running on scifi channel here. i absolutely adore it - the guy who decided to revive it was a fan as a kid too, and you can totally tell - it echoes the original with enough modernity to make it look good now, and i think the characters are stronger, and the storylines are much more adult and nuanced. Christopher Eccleston (great film actor) played the Doctor for the 1st season which really got it off to a strong start, but now i love David Tennant wholeheartedly.
end of crazy jetlag rant....

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Thanks Victor! It was great to see all those zany characters. Bert went on to do a show where he is a pediatrician and has two daughters and that big dog. I think he was a neighbor of the Golden Girls.

I wasn't sure I'd like the show when they changed actors but I too think David Tennant does a great job as The Doctor. I was abit disappointed when his companion, Billie Piper( Rose) left but I like Freema Agyeman ( Martha).

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

yay - another fan!
the episode when rose leaves (which made me cry) - and the one where the doctor "forgets" that he is a time lord are great examples of how it isn't really a kids show anymore...

Received my dvd of Barney Miller season two today! Weird thing with that show. Season one came out years ago and apparently did not sell well so they ditched plans for any more. It was one of the best comedies ever in my book. And every cop friend I have had said that show was the most realistic of any cop show ever on tv.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.