Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Post your interest here
Misty Grower Pelleted Poultry Litter
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/806492/

Post your interest here
Worming Casting
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/806490/

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, you're a shaker and a mover! Thanks!

Donna, #8 on this song list is for you. Click on the little megaphone to listen and laugh!

http://www.emusic.com/album/Southern-Culture-on-the-Skids-Ditch-Diggin-MP3-Download/10597471.html

LOL!!! GGG, shall I keep this for my theme song!! lol!!!!!!! Way 2 cool!! It's just about right with my peafowls on my porch with their dropins! lol!!!

Has anyone made there reservation yet @ The Hampton Inn?
When you do let me know, so I will know if I need to change the room count.

I'm still needing a picture of you! Please d-mail your best garden shot, of you have one!! lol!!

Donna

Gosh, I tought a few were needing rooms! Guess you all are still thinking about the over-nite stay. I did the best I could on the rates. Please post if you need a room! Sure would help my feelin's!!

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

I had planned to get a room but after looking at mapquest I realized that for me it is an easy morning drive. I had no idea you were so close to Thomasville! I'll leave the rooms for someone who has to travel a longer distance.

I need to get a decent photo, the last one my DH took of me in the garden was when I was waist deep in manure and dressed like a bag lady.....

Plantnutga, yes you are close!
That's just the picture I'd love to have a copy of! To see you hard at work in your garden!

Ok everyone lets get your best garden picture's of YOU into me by end of February!
You just might win an award for your picture, that's all I'll say about my picture project for now!

Yall have a good one!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Just here to say hi. See I haven't been reading my DG for few days due to busy painting activities going on! Donna, I didn't see we had to call to the Inn already to make reservation. I will do it tomorrow first thing. Hope it's not too late for special tariff.
Anyone else coming from Atlanta?
Coby

Coby,
If you have any problems with the reservation, please let me know. Remember to say you are with Dave's Garden Group. Anyone just thinking about overnight stay needs to reserve a room. You can always cancel if need too!

:)
Donna

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

We're coming from Lawrenceville

BB

BB, will you need a room? If so please reserve by calling Hampton Inn in Douglas direct. Don't forget I need a picture of you in your garden hard a work!

:)
Donna

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, I made reserv. this morning. The lady had no clue what DG or blocked rooms I was talking about but I made reservation none the less. She said they would honor any group discount. I'm arriving on 18th also. What's for dinner ????? I am easy...

I need to be looking for photo. Usually I am working alone and nobody around to take a pic of me!!!
Tulip

Yes.

I will probably reserve this weekend when I'm not so grumpy. I'm easy. Getting a pic of Mrs Bronx will be the hard part. :-)

BB

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I sent, (or my hubby will) a couple for gapeahen to choice from. Seems he caught me with the zoom lens while I was at the pond planting ditch lilies. Had I known he was taking candid shots, I would have worn my Sunday best gardening attire. What are you up to DONNA! Pin the tail on the Gardener?????

Pin the tail on the Gardener, hummmmmm that sound very interesting!!!

Just spoke with Mr. Johnson @ Hampton Inn, what he didn't tell me....... to get the GROUP RATE @ $80 we must have at least 10 rooms reserve/occuiped. If not the rate will be $88 a night. So sorry about that, a miss communication with the manager on my part. So if and when we get 10 or more rooms reserve/occuiped we WILL get the GROUP RATE! Guess will just have to wait and see how many folks need a room before discounts apply.

Sorry Donna ... the DH and I'll be coming for the day. We're * close *!! I'm working on that picture. LOL My garden pictures are usually just of the garden. LOL Do you want one of our SO, also? If so, here's one. ;)

Thumbnail by
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

How precious she is, Susan!

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I'll be making my reservation soon. My son still hasn't told me if he will need me to watch my granddaughter that weekend. If so, I'll bring her along. She loves staying in motels.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Becly, how old is your granddaughter? My daughter is 14. My husband will be gone until sat. 19th very late, so I will have to arrange a sleepover for her but if yr grandd. is her age she might want to come with me too. Donna is the "residence" a pool house as in swimmingpool??? or pool as in biljarts?? sorry foreigner speaking here guys, bare with me.

Oh yes it our home place - (swimming) pool house with a pond behind it! The pool house is between our house and my brother in laws house. Please do bring your grand daughter's, you'll have wonderful gardening memories to share forever!

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

TulipLady, My granddaughter is 10. And a young 10 at that because she has Asperger's syndrome and is not social. She is the reason I retired in December. Your daughter would end up as sitter, and she probably wouldn't want that. Thanks for asking. Becky

Becky we will make your grand-daughter feel at home. My step daughter has Turner syndrome she maybe here to help, she 35.

Young and Old are Welcome!

Donna

I did make a change in the cost from $6 to $8 due to the extra's I'm adding, sure hope that ok with yall. the extra $2 is going for the door prizes & speaker kiddy.
See Round-Up thread for Agenda and up dates I'll be adding soon.

If you will e-mail me I'll send you a personal invitation you can fill out & return back to me
by April 10th. So I can get a head count on the food, I don't won't yall to go home hungry!!! You can also they me which you perfer Chicken or pork or both!!

Don't forget to send me a "picture of YOU!!

dvincent23@hotmail.com please put in subject "Round-Up" so I won't junk it!
Thanks,
Donna

Bump Bump!

8 weeks on Saturday til RU!

Roger has phenomenon, and I've been nursing him for the pass 10 days. Hoping to stay out of the hospital.

Send me your e-mail address there's something I'd like to send you folk about the RU!

:-)
Donna

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

eflanagan@pstel.net
EFGeorgia1

EF you've got e-mail!

Donna, you already have mine. :)
~Susan

Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Donna - Hope Roger gets better SOON!
sam@voiceoverus.com

Samantha

beclu727, I wish I could go to meet your grandaughter. Several years ago I was a teacher and my students happened to be children with autism spectrum challenges, some of the kids were diagnosed with Asperger's. Many of the students in my class found it hard to be a child, however most really blossomed as teenagers!
Best wishes to you and your grandaughter!!

GGG

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

GGG,
Thanks for the wishes. Some days are hard, but others are a real blessing. She has wonderful teachers.
Becky

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I plan to come with my DH. will be glad to bring some goodies. We will camp at Laura Walker.. very nice park and golf course near. thanks for the offer to camp at your place. Now if this weather will warm up a bit, I can get to planting.
Elaine

Elaine, do you know about General Coffee State Park http://www.gastateparks.org/info/gencoffee/ it's less than 5 miles from me. But no golf course. Laura Walker is about 45 miles from Douglas.

** Goodies & Sweeties _ Oh, Yeah Chocolate!!
If you would like to bring something that would be "sweet of You" but not nessecary.

**Do bring a folding chair, just in case we have a large group. I sure don't won't yall having to sit on the ground to eat. I do have plenty of room inside the pool-house for
at least 40-45 people. Will be renting more table to set up outside for the Orphan Plants. I've invited the local Garden Clubs to join us. More gardeners to meet & more plants to take home! I'll have extra boxes & bags on hand.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/gagarden/msg0202022820848.html?1
I did make a post on Garden Web under Georgia gardening. Who knows if anyone will come from this post.

If you are wondering how will we know Dave's member from the other gardeners. Well "ALL" Daves DG'ers will have a "GREEN name Tags" and garden club members
will have "pink" and master gardeners will be "yellow" and walk-ins & newbie's will be "orange". It might be a bit confusing a first but I do have "helpers & greeters" from my local garden club, which will be a blessing to me!

**Bring your Video Camera and/or Cameras**

** Don't forget name tags in your plants, or even double name them and include your Name also. So everyone will remember "you" & "your special plant". If you do have extra plants to share, please bring them for those "Newbie Gardeners" will put them on an "Orphan Table" when trading is over.

**Worm Casting & Chicken Compost will be available not nessecary for prepaid orders, unless you are wanting a large quanity more than 10 bags.

For those of you coming in early Friday night, I thought we could get together eat some pizza & visit before the "BIG" day. I know I won't have alot of time to chat with each of you like i would like too.
Hey, folks this old gal is a "talker" they use to call my father jabo well I guess I'm little Jabo!! lol!!

What I'm really needing is donation of a "Door Prizes" something under $10 that you would "LOVE" to recieve as a gift. I have about 12 items so far and a few books included.. Mr. Brantley is donating 3 - 50 pound bags of worm casting. That's a $20 value, which is very nice of him. I'll be going around to local business to see what they will donate, that should be easy! lol!!

We will have a "RAFFLE" & "SILENT AUCTION" too!! Lost of Prizes for everyone!!!

Ok, I think I've add everything that was in my little brain for tonight.
Oh, about Roger he is improving each day a bit better. He plans to go back to work Monday! One good thing we did avoid the hospital stay this go around. Thanks for asking about him! Although nursing is not my calling, I must be getting better at it cause he's complaining less.......lol!!

*****8 Weeks & Counting*******

:-)
Donna

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, thanks for the info on Coffee State Park.. that looks good. My DH, had tried to 'sell' me on Laura Walker (golf you know...)
Elaine

Elaine does he like to fish? If so tell him to bring is pole! Our pond wraps around the pool house, he could fish right off the deck! Just a thought to keep you close, if it will help!

Donna

What kind of fish are in the pond?

BB

Bass, Brim & Specks Pond!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Ohhh, Donna, no he doesn't care anything about fishing, but I love to. I will have to bring my rod. LOL
Have to get busy and post what I will bring to trade. Now that it is warming up..
Elaine

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, I prob. will end up with nothing for trade! I had a few things from seed coming up nicely but then forgot all about them when I was trying to finish painting upstairs, didn't water for daaayyyyssss!! I can still start some again, it's early enough, yes?? Can I still come eventho I might not have anything?
I'll bring oatmeal cookies, remember when you plan deserts etc.
Beautiful day today people, I'm finally going in yard.
Tuliplady/Coby

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Coby, I feel for you. I moved my pepper seedlings to the GH. They looked real moist, but when I went in the next day they were dry as a bone. I've watered, and most have recovered, but some are toast. I guess I'll have to try and restart them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.