S. Georgia Spring Round Up April 19th

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Mike , please save me peanutbutter shrub & daphne as many as you can spare! Not sure about the yellow B shrub, you might want to try the liquid Dip & Grow rooting hor. I haven't try rooting any of my yellow yet!

You got a picture of peanut butter shrub?
Donna

This message was edited Jan 14, 2008 8:07 PM

Mike ... you still got my name on one of those? :) I'm soooo far behind ... need to find that swap thread and get my name on it. I'm not sure exactly what I'll have. Does anyone need any tomato seeds? No, not for the RU but for your spring crop. I've got some I'm not planning to use, and they need a home.

~Susan

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, I am so sorry to hear about Heather, and neither of you is getting any sleep I bet. Take care.
I've been trying to find a pic of yr peanutbutter brush, don't know where it was on forum. I think I liked it, so you will find my name on the other thread (The Wish list thread).

I haven't a clue what it looks like, but I love the name and would love one!! I to will post it on my want list!! Thanks Coby for the reminder of the WANTS!!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

101, what tomato seeds are they. I was planning on starting some this spring. Since I literally have 3 little things to swap I don't think I can meke you happy. But you can D-mail me if you still have them, I'll send a SASE.
Thanks, Coby

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes Donna, I still have the pic, but the beauty is not in looks, it's the over powering fragrance, and the fact that hummers, and BF love it above all else.Mike

Thumbnail by mqiq77

Oh Mike, I for sure gotta have 1,2,3,......lol!!! Does it love shade & moist soil?? Do you know the botanical name?

They have this little blue/green seed that birds love, and scatter it at verious places, and they are somewhat invasive in that respect.The botanicle name is; celrodendrum tricotomum, I have them in both sun as well as shade.The ones I have are from a hedge I remember as a child, infact I use to play in them, they were a wind break on a terrase(SP)maybe "ce", too tired to look, but you know what I mean.Mike

Mike, Just what I need, if you have bunches or seeds I'd should love to have them! I'm sure I can find something speical for you from my garden! In fact I have cuttings started with this one! You like??
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/51480/

You are so wright, but I live in zone 7b, I'm afraid they won't go dormat, and be a prenniel . Story of my life. I am a fragrant nut when it comes to plants.Gardenia on a shrub is wonderful, on a woman, now thats a different story.Mike

lol!!
Mike I have to keep my cestrum in the greenhouse (winter) and make sure I take cutings just in case i was to lose the mother plant. Which has been in a container going on 2 yrs come spring. hey what the heck you can give it a try , if you loose it I'll have back-up for that nose of yours!! lol!!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I'd like one of those Mike.

Do we post it here or in the other thread?

BB

Hey BB,
Also add it to your WANT listing on the trade thread, so Mike can see!
Have a good One!
Donna

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, did some research (again I might add) on your Peanutbutter shrub and LOVE IT!!!!! I have a spot in backyard that I need to cover because I don't like the look of my neighbors yard. Can I keep the bush up to say 5 or 6 ft? How much sun does it need? Where I would want it, it will have some dappled sun in morning and late afternoon again- will that work ?
If all of the above is yes....could I hve 2??? pleeaase
what color is yours anyway, I see there is also a Japanese one which is whitish, looks VERY nice too.

Thumbnail by TulipLady
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, Coby, nice pool!!! Is that very new, as it looks, or is this an older picture? You have so much going on there!

"""Happy Birthday 2 U"""
""""Happy Birthday 2 U"""
""""Happy Birthday Dear Mike""
""""""Happy Birthday 2 U!!!!!!!"""
& Many More!!

Donna

I'll have worm casting at the Round Up!! Anyone Interested?????

For anyone wishing to arrive on Friday night, there's a few nice motel 2.5 miles from me.
map example is of Hampton Inn, which Wal-Mart is just next door.
Hampton Inn to RU http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=3134477934619939142,31.491324,-82.820231&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=1604+Peterson+Ave+S,+Douglas,+Coffee,+Georgia+31535,+United+States&daddr=Vincent+%4031.491324,-82.820231&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=31.516362,-82.835712&sspn=0.057951,0.1157&ie=UTF8&ll=31.489797,-82.84524&spn=0.028984,0.05785&z=14&om=0

Other lodging in Douglas http://www.cityofdouglas.com/web/lodging.php

If there's a group for friday night, we ""Will"" start the ""Party"" early!! I'm game!
I'll try to get us a Group Rate at one of Douglas finest motel. If anyone is still interested!

Donna

This message was edited Jan 15, 2008 9:20 PM

I'm interested.

We'll probably get in Friday night but it will be late.

BB

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Mike, sorry just happened to notice you asked about why the rooting hormone wasn't working.

Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, it can inhibit root growth, and sometimes, it not the right strength for shrubies. Some of the tre e and shrub cuttings will root with a the hormonal powder #3.

it very expensive and usually only comes in a three pound box, and sometimes even then it won't work. Sometimes with really hard things, using willow water works great.

When I think of it, I wil ask Carolyn to send me a little bit of the #3 powder to send to you to try, no sense buying a bunch when your shrub may not like it either. I used to have a huge box under the cupboard, but think I gave mine to somebody else, will check though.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna,
YES to wormcastings, defenitely!
YES to arriving Friday night too. Till what time do you all expect it to be going on on Sat.?
Would be great if we could get a discount someplace and nicer if a few of us stayed at same motel or B&B.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I am thinking about getting a room Friday night at the Hampton Inn. Anyone know if they will do a discount for groups like ours? I like Hamptons cause of the breakfast....

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Yea, the Hampton's are nice. Donna is working on getting a group rate at the Hampton for the round-up. She'll know more about the amount based on the number of people signing up. She'll post more about soon.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Breakfast.. Did I hear the word breakfast. Somebody pas s me a plate. if a body comes up the night before, does the motel let ya bring all your plants in for the night too or do they charge for double occupancy for them. ; )

Those coming up the night before, what ya all doing with your plants?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Drop them off at Donna's on Fri. We'll be set up & prepared for them on Fri no matter what time on Fri.

Hello folks, my server has been on the mend, and I just came back up.All this sounds wonderful, and hope DW, and I can make it.Coby, I think the area will do fine for PB, and so far I will have enough for all.It takes three Yrs. from seed to bloom.I'm making cuttings, and don't know how long they will take, but shouldn't make any difference.Ella, the (yellow) BF shrud is a trick for me to root, but I'll try more.
Thanks all for the BD wishes, they sure beat the alternitive.Mike

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

I'm planning on driving in from Thomasville, the Hampton would be perfect. Please do let us know if you can get a group rate

Erin

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Happy birthday Mike..late is always better than never.. sorry your sleep pattern has been interrupted. I can sympathize and agonize with you. I will say more prayers for you and your baby. My old kitty is sick too..sigh.
I think I might 'sneak' over to Donna's Friday about hmmm,, 1am. LOL
Elaine

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Why not call the County Ag Agent and ask for the telephone number of Bee Keeper who would be willing to come out and assist you. If there is a hive, they will probably be glad to get it if it's honey bees. At least they may be able to help identify what type of bee you have and help to locate the hive.

Judy

Ok~~
I haven't spoken with Hampton manager yet, but they only have 25 rooms available for Friday the 18th. Reg rate - Double or king rooms @ $88 per night. I will call mgr. first thing in the morning to see about discount. I'll ask to reserve 10 rooms, ya think I should ask of more. Even though I have no clue how many we'll need.

I will have "Worm Casting" here also! And a few other "Goodies"

On a sad note:
Our family needs your prayer's my 1st cousin Kevin (daddy's brother son) was
found dead around 5 pm today. Unsure of cause of death but maybe
drug related. At daddy's funeral Kevin told me he would be next to go.
He was only 41, it's so sad that he was right.
:(
Donna

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I had a picture of the PB seeds but can't locate it. They are really beautiful. Here is a link to one that Violabird posted.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/91487/

Georgiaredclay, great to here from you! Thanks for that link!

Have you thought about coming in April?

For those of you want to come on Friday and stay at the Hampton Inn, they only have 15 non smoking rooms available discount rate $80 per room. I have to make reseveration by Monday 21th.

So who needs a room?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, so sorry to hear abt yr cousin! Good heavens that is young.

Re RU: Yes, I think I would like to have a room, maybe I can double up with another "single" person? Saves cost and is more fun! Who is coming alone and is female and does NOT snore??? you can roommate with me. I don't snore, or smoke.
Coby

Oh rats ... I live too close to consider spending that $$ but sounds like soooo much fun. I'll see everyone on Sat. :)

Jim, I do so hope you'll be able to come.

Donna, what do you want me to bring? I'm close by so will be easy for me. :)
~Susan

Condolences Donna

Oh Donna, CRS ... prayers going out to you, hon.

Thanks

I'll post Hampton Inn info Monday. Will ask them to hold 10 rooms for us.

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Right now I don't know if I can make it or not. If I do it would have to be overnight probably. I still have hope.

The Hampton Inn manager Tony Johnson tonyjohnson@hamptoninn.com
is holding 12 room's for Dave's Garden member's.
$80 rate for April 18th ~ Friday
Please call 912-383-7550 and reserve your room A.S.A.P.
There's non-smoking & smoking ~ double's & king's.

Don't Forget to tell them your with Dave's Garden so you can get your discount.
You can always cancel if need too.

Need any help just let me know.
Donna

This message was edited Feb 1, 2008 11:30 AM

Worm Casting http://www.newfarm.org/features/0903/worms/index.shtml
http://www.compostwizard.com/index.html

Misty Grower Chicken Liter http://www.mistygrower.com/

Both will be availble at Round Up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.