a copy of Round Up Forum Thread!

South East Georgia Spring Round-Up
Hosted by gapeahen - Donna

When: Saturday ~ April 19, 2008
Where: Vincent Pool House
Hwy 158 / Waycross Hwy
Douglas, Ga 31535

Time: 10:00 am - until

We have lots of parking room for overnight RV'ers!
Or you may stay @ General Coffee State Park (Hwy 32)
Several motels with-in 2 miles of us.

Miles to Douglas, Georgia from:

45 miles East of Tifton, Ga. (I-75)
38 miles North of Waycross, Ga. (Hwy 82)
60 miles North East of Valdosta, Ga.
90 miles North of Jacksonville, Fl. (US 1)
125 miles from Macon, ga.
214 miles from Atlanta, Ga

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=3134477934619939142,31.491324,-82.820231&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=1604+Peterson+Ave+S,+Douglas,+Coffee,+Georgia+31535,+United+States&daddr=Vincent+%4031.491324,-82.820231&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=31.516362,-82.835712&sspn=0.057951,0.1157&ie=UTF8&ll=31.489797,-82.84524&spn=0.028984,0.05785&z=14&om=0

On Goggle Map:
Point A - Round Up address
Point B - Hampton Inn

The Hampton Inn manager Tony Johnson tonyjohnson@hampton.com
is holding 12 room's for Dave's Garden member's.
$80 rate for April 18th ~ Friday
Please call 912-383-7550 and reserve your room A.S.A.P.
There's non-smoking & smoking ~ double's & king's.

Don't Forget to tell them your with Dave's Garden so you can get your discount.
You can always cancel if need too.

Need any help just let me know.
Donna

Yall Come On Over!
Rain or Shine We'll Be Fine!!

"Plant's Want's & Have's Trade List Only" http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/803262/

Hope to See you in April!
Donna

This message was edited Jan 22, 2008 3:09 PM

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Donna:

Mrs Bronx and I will be there. Let us know what you need help with.

And thanks for hosting!

BB

Hi Donna
The DH and I'll be there ... the Lord willing. :-) I'll be keeping an eye on the thread. Just let me know if there's anything you need ... door prizes ... anything. :)
~Susan

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Will plan to be there also, thanks for the info
hugs, Elaine

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Donna sorry, I sorta missed this one. Is this THE official thread now for the RU???
I am in. Gotta find place to sleep but i will be there.
Coby

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

So glad to here from yall! We'll keep this thread for chating and posting your reservation.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/801585/
watch this thread for additional information to come, also will have attending list & plant swap/trade thread to come.

Donna

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy new year Donna, sorry I have not been keeping up with things.It is really up in the air for me as to if I can make it or not, it all depends on our old dog "Heather", as to what we might be facing.I would like to bring DW "Barbara", and as now we can't get anyone that can stay with her.Mike

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Mike,, I am saying prayers for you and your baby "Heather". We dog lovers know what you are going through.. they are like our children.
Hugs, Elaine

Mike I sure hope everything works ou of yall & Heather. DH Roger would love to see ya again! He's gonna need a few men folks around, I've got him down for the head Cook! LOL!!

Will keep Heather in our prayers. Do you have a picture you could share with us of Heather?

I think I can find one, but have my plants in one section, and family pics in another.Thanks all for your consideration.Mike

Thumbnail by mqiq77

Lovely dog.

Me and the dogs will keep her in our prayers

BB

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Mike, I know how much Heather means to you and your wife. We love animals and they are a part of our family too. New Year's eve we lost our eight year old Bo to bone cancer. His 5 month fight is over and we miss him dearly.

Oh Deborah ... {{{ }}} I didn't know! It's the hardest thing I've ever had to live through.

Mike ... prayers are coming from me and my girl. :) Here she is getting ready for Santa. LOL

Thumbnail by

We have only had two dogs, and one(Heidi), lived 12 Yrs. and just over a month, and we still miss her.Thank those of you who know what it is like to lose a part of yourself, and fellow pet l;overs.We would not be picked on a jury for Michael Vick.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Always keeping you and yors and your babies in thought and prayers.
Beautiful dog/companion and thanks for sharing the pic.

Hasn't been longs since I lost my baby of 18 years. Still pick his collar up and turn and expect him to be there and my othe rone going on 15 now, and slowing down too right along with me.

Are pets are part of our daily live sand families and we do what we can for them no matter what in thanks for all the unconditional love they give us. You a good Daddy. : )

Mike she's a beauty! We'll keep praying and hope to see you in April!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Mike, she's sooo sweet looking. Yes, as others said, they are like our children (especially to those of us who never had the real thing) Deborah, I am so sorry for the loss of your furbaby. Come see me.
Elaine

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, take care. Zumy says she's cute and tells her to "hang in there" !
Hope to see you in Douglas though.

Thumbnail by TulipLady

Deborah, Babara, and I understand what you suffered with the lose of your "Bo" months went by, and we would remember a little something Heidi did, and it would start up again.
Thank you Coby, and looks like Zumy could use one size larger bed, unless he likes having a pillow.I see people every day that have a pet, and have NO business with one.When I was last at the vet, the girl at the counter ask if I needed another dog.Well no, I can only give one the attention they need.Then she showed me a very cute cocker spanieal, looked like it had red freckles.She said its only five Yrs. old, and the owner is tired of it, and paid to have it "put down"; I left with a broken heart, and hoped some diserving person would take it.Where do these people come from.Now I wonder how soon human life will have that value, to people like the girl who didn't want the responsibility of an "old pet". Mike

Yea, Mike there's reall y some curl folks out there, with a harden heart. My son was give this cute 8 wks old White English Bulldog. A short time pass we realize that Diesel was deaf. Having to learn & teach sign lag. to a engergized bulldog isn't easy. He's about 2 yrs now and we pretty much understand each other. (or so I think LOL!) A very smart dog, just hate I have to keep him pen up. Oh, how he loves to run!

We've only got 4 dogs and none of them was by choice. But I love them but my Peafowls
don't!

Note about Round Up
I've sent out several D-mails to folks within 150 miles of me. Sure hope they reply back with a yes or no would be nice. Or at least thanks for invite but can't make it! I see Dave's Garden Party has been trash for now. I thought it would be cool if we all could have something like a regional Garden Party. Heck, I would organize one here for the South if there every was and interest. But Round Up just might be the next best thing, ya think?

Deborah & I were talking about the food and keeping it simple. Like doing a pic-nic kinda thing. With the All America Hot Dog and triming. Which would be easy & fast and also low cost. Which I 'll have extra's of veggie's for those non meat eater's too. Anyone care to comment.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm a veggie/meat/eater.. LOL I say,, "keep it simple" so you can enjoy too.
Elaine

Yea, you want the host Happy and calmfor sure!!! lol!!
heck I'll be "nuts" with excitement!!!!!!

What's a veggie/meat/eater????

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm one, I'll eat it all.

for short
those of us who eat meat & veggie
and those who only eat veggie--tarien! heck I can't spell! lol!

me too!!!!!!!!
gotta have those sweeett's too!!!!!!

If God didn't want us to eat meat, then he sure put the wrong teeth in our mouth. Mike

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I have many a sweet tooth.

LOL

I love a good dog! Burgers too.

Heck I'll eat just about anything.

BB

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

If I know Donna's DH like I'm sure I do, he'll be slapping some sausage on that grill too! Ummm

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Got your invitation. Thank you! Right now it a up in the air. I still haven't figured out how many hours it would take me, as I need the back roads, cuz my vechile don't like the major highways.

I knowo this sounds sorta of rude, but I need to wait closer to the time. I have to make sure that those two days I will be gone, that I can get somebody to feed and water animals and plants and the persons who I trust to do that , well they never know until a coupel of days ahead of time what they doing, cuz of their health , grandkids and whatevr else that comes up in their lives.

I be glad to send whatever for food and drinks, incase I make it and if I don't well that another plate somebody else can pig out on. : )

I still hoping ya get a chance to one down the Eufala way. I would definately be there for that one. That I can make no sweat.

Oh Deb, you've got DH peg for sure we'll have some sausage dogs & who knows what else he'll grill up!

Starlight, good to hear from you! I fully understand if you can make it, but I'll keep the Welcome mat out for you. As for a Round Up in Georgetown, Ga /Eufala Al. at our vacation cabin it will either be this fall or 09 Spring. We still have alot of work to do there. Our kitchen isn't finish, but I'm hope this year it will be complete. We'll for sure though a BIG Garden Party then!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Hey Donna! Thanks for the invite! DH & I are planning on being there. I'm keeping watch on the trade list to see if there is anything I can bring to trade. I'm in Zone 9a.

Mike - Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and Heather. She's a beauty. Our cat Baxter is a recent retiree at Rainbow Bridge. Doesn't matter if it's a cat or dog (we have both) they're all a part of our lives and families.
Sharon

Wonderful news Sharon!!

Please go ahead and reserve your spot on the trade list thread, then you can edit as needed. I have a few salvia's for zone 9 you might like, if you're into hummer's & butterflies and drought hardy. I'm hopfully all my cutings will take.
Donna

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Cookies again, anyone? I'll make some again if there is interest.
Coby

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, re: Zumy's bed: yes and no. yes: he's gained some weight and could use a slightly larger bed but NO he's always done that, he likes putting his head on something. And we can tell it's getting cold cause he's all curled in morning when we come down, nose under tail.

Thumbnail by TulipLady

Coby, for sure bring on the cookies!!!!!!!!!

Zumy looks like he's in a deep sleep & what a beauty he is!

Donna:

Can you please post a couple of the motels in the area?

Thanks

BB

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Donna -

I'm trying to get more butterfly plants going so that would be awesome!
Cookies? Did someone say "cookies"?!

Sharon

Coby, I hope I can rest like Zumy tonight, I was up all with Heather, and an urinary infection.Poor thing can't understand why she needs to go out eight times at night.I'm beat!!
I am rooting peanutbutter shrub, but only have about five people who have expressed an interest, and I have about 25 in the box.I have some daphne odora marginita, and plenty of butterfly shrubs.I also discovered that the (yellow) butterfly shrub does not respond to rooting harmone.Any one know why--how?Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.