O tannenbaum....

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)
There are a total of 396 votes:

We will have a balled & burlap tree this year
(10 votes, 2%)
Red dot

We have a tree we cut ourselves (where did you get it?)
(26 votes, 6%)
Red dot

We purchased our tree from a local lot
(65 votes, 16%)
Red dot

We mail ordered a cut tree
(2 votes, 0%)
Red dot

We have an artificial tree
(207 votes, 52%)
Red dot

We don't set up a tree to decorate
(86 votes, 21%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Athens, PA(Zone 5b)

I will take a pic of them this year Gwen and post it here, if I do it. I have my very first digi camera new this past fall and I never thought to take a pic of those trees with the old 35mm I have. Darn! I wish I had a pic the very first year I did it. The neighbors thought I'd lost what marbles I have left☺One neighbor relented and helped me drag their tree all the way down the street to our house, but he worried all the way that someone would see us. How I laughed and laughed at the sight we must have made☺the more flustered he got the more I laughed,I should not have laughed so much, he didn't help me last year☻

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

We grow Christmas trees and so what else would we do, hubby goes out to the field and picks one out, it is a noble fir too. We always use the creche scene at its base and that is what we try to make our focus. I am amazed how many artificial trees after reading all of your posts. We even put a small grand fir tree up in room upstairs where we play games; kind of an extended family room.

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I love those upstairs family rooms! And 2 trees, you can't get better than that!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you Tir Na Nog, it really is just a big bedroom up there but no kids home anymore so we have just kind of taken over for other uses these bedrooms upstairs.

Merry Christmas one and all. :) :) :) Joann

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

I have allergies, so no indoor tree. But I have happily helped *other* people compost their formerly live trees after xmas.

Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

I have the tackiest little silver tree with pink and glass ornaments. It's way cool. ;*> I just can't bear the thought of cutting a live tree any more. Although, I do have live cuttings on the mantle, etc.

Jenny

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Lots of people I know are doing the silver trees and all the retro stuff. They look very cool. I love it that so many different styles are out there for everyone to choose from.

Gwen

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Talking about those silver trees brings back memories of that turning circular color wheel spot light that I remember from my childhood. The changing colors on the tree would just mesmerized me for hours, or it seemed.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

We have a beautiful artificial tree in the house. We decorate the real ones that are growing outside and when it is snowing..........

"Merry Christmas" to you all!

I put my hand up ...one of those tree huggers,I just can't bring myself to do it ...I am surrounded with Christmas tree farms and there are thousands here, I watch as hundreds are happily chopped down by excited families at this time of the year and that's nice ...I have no problem with it ...I just can't myself.No tree (my same old artificial tree that has seen all my grandchildren grow up)this year not in my home anyway ...my dear husband having lost two brothers and a sister(she passed over peacefully) in my care here in my home only 4 months ago ...we aren't in mourning but we aren't partying either.A quiet and reflectful Christmas for us ...
We do have a huge Norfolk Island Pine though that stands guard
over the front garden ...I truly consider it our real Christmas tree!

A very Happy Christmas to you all
chrissy

Seward, AK

Chrissy, my Norfolk Island Pine is indoors and that's what I use, so I didn't fit into any catagory. When we were little we cut our trees, (quite an outing in Alaska, depending how deep the snow is. I remember parking the car and Dad having to stand on it to jump up over the plowed bank, then snowshoe to the top of one and saw it down. Later in summer we found the top cut off 20 feet up, way in the forest unseen by anyone else.
Carol

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

When my children were small we went out into the woods and cut down a tree. the kids loved that outing. Now only myself I have used a small artificial tree with lights left on and covered with large plastic bag in the garage the rest of the time.

However I didn't even put it in place, but did decorate every other spot in the front three rooms.

Here is dining room table, the lights don't show well, but they are pretty.

Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive
St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

This is so interesting, seeing how others decorate for the holidays.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I didn't think to include a photo - just the mantel, bar, china cabinet and foyer table for me.

Thumbnail by Sequee
Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

Had my last Christmas tree the same year I got my first rowdy malamute, over 20 years ago. But they do make nice Christmas decorations.....here's the front of our Christmas card from a few years ago.

Thumbnail by woofie
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Oh, he(?)'s gorgeous! And I like the concept - decorate the dog instead of a tree! My poor boys are soooooo lucky - they too get to be decorated for all the holidays!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Artificial. In fact 2 of them The 71/2 ft. is in the living room. In the master brdroom which has 3 tall windows on one wall I have a 3 ft. white prelit in the center window. I don't put any decorations on it. I think it looks so pretty at night. Even dh said it did...and he HATES Christmas with a passion.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Artificial this year because we are away from home for the holidays and I couldn't mind a real tree. We have real when we are at home but we have been spending the last few Christmases with my husband's family because his dad isn't in the best of health. But I love having a tree so we put the artificial one up!
Merry Christmas,
Martha

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

woofie, i am a past malamute owner...no, what do you call a human who lives with a malamute...definitely not owner. anyway i would love to see more pictures of your guy. malamutes are my favorite all time animal.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.