Are ya'll ready for S-N-O-W?part 2

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hehe...well everyone..Dori does host a good get together..Been there done..it..I also will help...just tell me..Year before lasts she had one...the storms were about..lol...If we could do a dance..for good weather..we could start it now..lol...I know it is a lot of work...for sure...Well what ever you decide...Dori...I had a great time...the other one...Lurkers..can do that..lol....

Well the weather..was great today...Could take this the rest of winter for sure..The wind took out the ice..on our lake too..that is cool..more fun to look out at small waves..lol...Poor fisherman though...they did not have much time ...to fish...wowow I could have used a nice batch..of Bluegill...for eating...oh well....

Think spring everyone....you know we live in Michigan...~~~~

smiles..Diana..

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Had lots of ducks in front of our place yesterday. They were enjoying the sunshine and finding something to eat. Sure felt like spring was coming with that wind and sunshine. Hope the plants are not fooled.
Was told that we are in for a pile of the white stuff by tomarrow.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Well, almost all the snow is gone around the house, but about 2" left in the woods. I see this morning about 2" of new snow, very very heavy. Still above freezing I see and made a white slush. DH said just south of us is no snow at all. Maybe they were hit north of us.

I will be anxious to see what it looks like in the light. Sometimes the heavy snow with the water is quite beautiful. When the water is frozen, it just looks like we live by a field, a cold snowy, field.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

right now its snow/ rain wix very slushy. and the dog doesnt want to go outside at all. but you know he has to pea... he'll go after a while. i sure am glad we dont have to go out. well any way i'll see you all later time to get on the ol couch. its my turn to be sick.. nasty cold. cant breath. headach. sneezing you know the drill. Ronna

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

news here is say awful driving conditions!! Many schools are closed/delayed, but they seem to be north of us. I"m heading out on the roads, but not until 9am...so things should be fine by then....Ground is white here!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

we got rain!

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Had to shovel the stuff off the steps. It was like moving wet cement. YUK. Glad it was only 2"
It is still hanging in the trees, stuck actually. Went for a walk and you couldn't shake it off the poor little trees bent over. Didn't see any trees down though, yet, anyway.

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello Every one,
I like to read all the Mich. news here. I am just South of Flint. We have pretty ok weather. It just doesn't seem like winter. Cold and rainy. I am a little nervous we lost all the snow cover for the plants. The temp. is suppose to be heading south and no snow!!! A bad combination!!
So I hate to say it but PLEASE MORE SNOW!!
Thank You for letting me have this forum to wish for snow. I am a Michiganian through and through!!
I love winter!! Well summer is my second favorite season!! Then fall, then spring.
What about all of you what is your no# 1 season??
Julie

Thumbnail by jazzzy704
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Julie I love late spring soft air and flowers every thing smells new LOL
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

me i luv summer and the HEAT

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

summer and HOT,,,spring second and fall third...I hate cold..

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I love fall. It's my favorite time of year. I hate the years we go right from summer to winter without much fall.

It was not bad here in AuGres today. The sun kind of melted the slush on the driveway. I drove to Tawas and the roads were fine. I did hear some kind of icy stuff hitting the house last night and there was a bit on the ground this morning but it's almost all gone.

The ground is thawing out. In late October I had two men plant some rather large blue spruce down in a line. I had 10 of them planted. They staked them and used cheap twine and in the wind the twine all broke just about. The trees kind of tilted. One fell over. These trees were 12 feet tall or more. My son and his wife got that one back up and replanted and staked them down with heavy nylon rope but it was such bad weather and cold and windy they didn't stay down there long enough to get them all done. I noticed the trees tilting more so hubby and I went down there today and I pushed while he tighted the new rope a bit and around the base of the trees it is thawed out and you can see water down in the hole. I have a feeling when the ground is all unthawed all those trees are going to topple over and I'll be crying a river of tears since I spend a thousand dollars on them. I tried calling the man and his phone has been disconnected. I mailed him a letter asking him to please come and fix his crummy installation with better rope and no response and he said he's a preacher too. So much for honest people eh? Makes me mad. Those trees didn't cost him a dime. He dug them up at my friend's house and brought them here and replanted them so all he was out was his time and gas. I provided the stakes and the mulch too. Oh well. Live and learn. I plan to go out tomorrow and buy more rope and try to secure some of them better to some established ash trees down there to give them more support.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

Brenda

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

wow brenda thats horrible. what kind of a preacher is he?? lets not go there huh? but i think its terrible how some people treat others. you know you try your best and other step all over you. i bet the trees look really nice on your property huh? you have a huge lot sounds like. you did show a picture of it once i think. well i sure do hope he does the right thing in the long run. well jazzy i do not really love the winter the spring and fall are my faves the extreme heat is way to much for me i like sweatshirt weather. and not to hot when im working in the yard.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I started a new thead here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/804146/

This one was getting too long

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.