Helleborus preparing to bloom...

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Another one from the Wilgenbroek Selection 'Picotée' ..

Thumbnail by bonitin
Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

And a Hellebore I have since many years, but for one or another reason it went on a strike for a couple of years, refusing to bloom, while its foliage was looking healthy!
This year though I was so pleased to see it blooming again..
Don't know its name though...

Thumbnail by bonitin
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Lovely. It looks like you're having nice weather there. My Hellebores just wish they'd get a little more sun - we've been having cool overcast weather and cold temperatures here for the last month.

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Yes katie, after a dreadful long period of gloomy depressing weather we finally get plenty of sun over here since a few days and hopefully for the coming days! T° rose to 17C, almost summer,lol! But the nights are still very cold, sometimes near freezing point.
Hope it will soon be your turn to enjoy the sun! I'm sure your Hellebores would appreciate it too! :)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

My beautiful hellebores are covered with nasty aphids. What a pain.

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Doss, you can easily remove them with a hose, Hellebores are tough plants..

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

A hose won't do it. They are covered with the dirty sticky stuff already and that doesn't come off easily. It's sad that such a lovely plant can be so prone to bugs.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I have never had bugs on my hellebores. I didn't know they got them.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I've never had bugs on them, but here they bloom before it's warm enough for most bugs.

Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Wow! Your pictures were all great and have me even more excited for spring! Thanks everyone for sharing. My hellebores are blooming a bit so I have cut a bunch and am floating them inside as the weather is heading into the mid-twenties the next few nights. If I get a minute tomorrow, I will upload a pic, too. I am jealous of the California folks though do not envy the aphid issue. Time for a few ladybugs, Doss!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.