December daily Weather, Tis the Season

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Cold and dark here. We got the shopping done. Gawd, I hate the crowds. Most people were pretty calm though and civ il.
Picked up a couple of little things for the grandson, he's just turned 1 and it's hard to find something suitable. I am concerned about buying something that might be pulled.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

39° here .... we never even got close to 50 as we've been sitting under a band of rain since about noon.
Which is when we decided to go to the store....
I walked out to the car to get a coat.... no rain.... walked back inside.... the satellite went out from lack of signal.... about a minute later the skies opened up.
We drove thru 3" off rain runoff most of the way to the Ohio River.
Once we hit the Highway it was 35 MPH or hydroplane....
Luckily it didn't rain that hard for a real long time.
But it hasn't stopped steady raining since then.
Today's rain will definitely be measured in inches....

Juri do they skate on the canal or is it too rough?

Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Juri, our blacktop roads look similar to that at night. Daytime of course they are black...for now. Gravel roads like mine though are white so you think you are looking at snow til you walk on it. Then you realize it is solid ice. The roads are so bad I have to get my yaktraks on tomorrow in order to get around safely.

Edit to say, don't use yaktraks or similar items on slick concrete or you will go down. lol. And it will be a moment that you hope your friends don't catch on camera. hehehehe

This message was edited Dec 9, 2007 7:27 PM

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin'! This weather has turned crazy! It was 70 here yesterday! And it's still
Cloudy
61° Dew Point: 54
Wind Chill: 59
Humidity: 78
Wind: 12 W
Barometer: 30.29
Visibility: 10.0 mi.
Precip: 0 in.
Too warm for "baby Jesus" to be wrapped in swaddling clothing! JW is gonna be in his 1st play as baby Jesus next Sunday. He was really good for his first practice! He sucked his fist the whole time he was in the manger. :D

Gee, you all had some fog! I thought that ours was fairly thick, but I think some of you had us beat!
Pepper, Be careful out there! Sounds like some nasty weather! Try not to send the freezing rain this way...
Ric, You're quite inventive w/ your purchases. Some interesting stuff there...
Dyson, Are you getting any more of the rain? I'm getting close to an inch in the rain-o-meter. Too bad you didn't have a chance to get a pic of the DHC's sliding around...that would have been Great. Did you get the Metro fixed?
Marsue, that is quite an undertaking...planting all of those bulbs, but glad you have help! :D

Love all the Poinsetias! :D I just pitch them out, cuz I can't get the darn things to survive...even in my closet. I just go to the rescue squads Christmas party & win free ones. I'll need to take some pics of mine, when I get them set up today...on the piano.
Sharon, Your Christmas Cactus looks really Great! You'll have some really nice blooms on it! Can't wait to see....
Juri, Looks as if you're out in the river, floating on the ice! :-O Great Shots!
Ric,Sharon, Sally & Marsue, Thanks....that shot was taken last fall, when I had more time. :)
Sally, Thanks for the wishes...Nothing like a 2 hour math test! And it will only have about 15 problems on it! UGHHH.

The answer to the last trivia is...B
Staring at the Sun can will damage your eyes. But you can safely stare at the Moon as long as you like.

Todays trivia is...
Which of the following places has never hit 100 degrees?
a) Miami, FL
b) Portland, OR
c) Boston, MA
d) Minneapolis, MN

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

(baby Jesus, in his Reindeer suit)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

He has a tail w/ it, too.

Thumbnail by music2keep
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Trivia: D

Currently: 19°F Cloudy
Currently: -7°C Cloudy
Wind: North at 5 MPH
Humidity: 88%
Dewpoint: 16°F
Barometer: 30.31 inches and falling
Wind Chill: 12°F
Wind: North at 8 KPH
Humidity: 88%
Dewpoint: -8°C
Barometer: 1026 millibars and falling
Wind Chill: -11° C

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Juri – Isn’t it amazing how we all have some of the same plants! LOL!
Marsue – Ackkk, jury duty! Oh well, someone has to do it! LOL!! 103 bulbs – I’d be planting myself in the dirt after that!
Se_eds – I hope all is well on your end.
Doccat – I agree about the difficulty of finding toys right now. I’ve been looking for some. A friend of mine is being induced on the 17th.
Ric – That’s some nasty weather, glad you made it to the stores and home safely.
Pepper – Don’t yaktraks have cleats? Why wouldn’t you be able to wear them on ice? As you can tell – we don’t have to deal with that kind of weather otherwise I’d know the answer!
Joey – Awwww – little JW playing baby Jesus! A reindeer suit - that’s too cute! Rats, I missed that last trivia question. Good luck on the test! I’m going with D also.

56.7 °F / 13.7 °C
Fog
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.33 in / 1027.0 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 0.2 miles / 0.4 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 100 ft / 30 m

Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am EST this morning...

Today
Widespread dense fog in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. Then partly cloudy. High 77. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Who turned on the heat? 77*? Christmas cactus

Thumbnail by MySharona
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Ric, some people probably do skate on chanals' ice. But I can't quite recollect, if I've seen someone doing it.

Marsue, I'm already coupla shots ahead of Kiska. LOL.

Joey, cute baby actor for the play!

Pepper, using yaktrax sounds real reasonable.
Hyperlink: http://www.amazon.com/s/103-6880049-4667039?ie

My answer for trivia is -b.

This message was edited Dec 10, 2007 9:21 AM

Thumbnail by KashtanGeorge
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

56°, sunny, blue skies

MySharona, here's a 20 min ago pic of my roof "garden". I have hops (the root was taken from the forest in Pskov region)
and Hedera quinquefolia ( I recieved it from my friend-the lady, which is a custodian at one of the 18-th century country estates in that region).
41F
Slight precipitation- you can see it on the pic.

This message was edited Dec 10, 2007 9:24 AM

My dormant cacti garden has winter rest in the old fridge in our garage.

Overcast
46°F
RealFeel® 49°F
Winds: CLM at 0mph
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 43° F
Pressure: 30.21 in
Visibility: 2 Miles
Drizzling a bit, just enough to make it sloppy. But we need the moisture. Hopefully it will bring the water reservoirs back up, we've had drought conditions this year. Even with the well, we've been very careful with the watering.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hooray! No jury duty after all. They gave us an 800 number to call after 6 p.m. last night and my name was not on the list. I'm excused till further notice--hooray!

Current conditions as of 7:55 am CST
Cloudy
Feels Like: 44°
Barometer: 30.30 in and steady
Humidity: 98%
Visibility: 5 mi
Dewpoint: 43°
Wind: NE 6 mph
Sunrise: 7:05 am
Sunset: 4:56 pm

More rain--off and on--forecast for today but tomorrow--sunny skies--hooray! and 70 F--I can't believe it! Crazy weather everywhere it seems.

Awww, Joey, JW is so cute in his little raindeer suit. Be sure to snap a photo of him as Baby Jesus, too. (like you needed encouragement for that--LOL) I'm guessing D for the trivia question.
Gorgeous building, again, George and your rooftop garden is well, er, uh--shall we say interesting? LOL
Sharon, what is the difference in a Christmas cactus and a Thanksgiving cactus? I've never known the answer to that.

I noticed that the weatherman is forecasting an ice storm warning for your area, pepper. Stay warm and safe--and all the rest of you who might be in the path of that storm! It seems to be covering a big portion of the mid-west and upper mid-west.

Quoting:
56°, sunny, blue skies

Dyson, I think you are bragging about those sunny skies--lol I'll gladly trade you some of our rain for some of your sunshine!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Any moisture would be most welcome as I am still worried about the well running dry - send it.

Marsue, those were just variations on dormancy theme. Lol.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL--George, I figured as much!

Dyson, the rain is even now being sent your way! Let us know if I blew it in the right direction.

Overcast
45F

I somehow managed to miss the baby pics. what a cutie pie!

(Zone 3b)

37* very dim/grey/thick cloud cover; Sunrise 10:03 Sunset: 3:34
Occasional light snow and rain. No snow accumulation. Highs in the 30s. Northeast wind 10 to 25 mph with local gusts to 45 mph.
M2K~~JW in his reindeer outfit~~pretty darn cute; he's going to be a wonderful little baby Jesus.
marsue~glad you didn't need to go today; nice to be able just to call in.
KG~~seeing the cactus was quite a surprise; sure don't think of Russia and cactus at the same time. They look great. Nice contrast, too, from ice to desert plants:))
pepper~looks like the cold is holding on a bit longer there.
Dyson~with sunny skies, bet you are worried about the well going dry. Hopefully it will rain enough soon to do some good.
MySharona~~seems unusual to think of a foggy day ending up to be in the 70's. Hope's it's cleared off by now; not good for driving in.
Reprsentative of today's weather.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Beautiful photo, George. Is that in St. Pete, too?
Kiska, BRRRR--I know, I sound like a broken record but that is what snow reminds me of----BRRRRR LOL

Still gray, gray, and more gray here but no rain--maybe it is over for awhile.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy all New Thread!!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/796593/
Come on over!!!
Sidney

Kiska, great shot! You making me hating that lady ( the quine Ekaterina) which traded Alaska- used to be the territory of Russian Empire. Lol.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Juri – More beautiful buildings! I love the canal. I looked up Sochi, Russia on Google Earth. Google Earth can be downloaded for free. You mean hops as in hops that beer is made of? Cute cacti!
Doccat – when you are tired of the rain please send my way!
Maruse – I was told the difference between the cacti is Thanksgiving is white, Christmas is pink.
Kiska – The sun burned off the fog around 10am. We had a warm (I did break a sweat) day, started cooling off around 3:30pm. Had to break out the shorts, sandals and tank top. The picture you posted looks like the weather you described. Brr – look at all that snow! LOL!

68.0 °F / 20.0 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 58 °F / 15 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.30 in / 1026.0 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3200 ft / 975 m
Scattered Clouds 6500 ft / 1981 m

Tonight
Mostly clear with patchy fog in the evening...then areas of dense fog after midnight with visibility one quarter mile or less. Lows in the mid 50s. Northeast winds 5 mph.

TG cactus again

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona, yes! I meen Humulus lupulus L., which could be found in temperate zones of both hemispheres.
The one I found was in the wild forest of Pskov region, Russia.

Plants'n'files...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.