Nectar and Host Plant GROUP SEED SWAP Info

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

The 'Pink Candles' Celosia and 'Bronze Fennel' that I mentioned both had the botanical names on the packs as well... I tried to list "host" and "nectar" on my labels, but I may have missed some. I'm certainly not complaining -- you did an amazing job organizing that list!! I just figured I'd add a couple of details that I thought I might know about...

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

You are right. I was trying to reduce the list by using the botanical name. Which is why some were grouped together. And many of the packs had nector or host on them. But it was taking up more space, so I just reduced it down by eliminating all the details. It's good for folks to do a little research to learn more about the plants they are planning to grow.

I also didn't use common names. Too many plants go by the same name. So the scientific name is more accurate. So that is why there is no Bronze Fennel listed. It is listed instead by the botanical name. :-)

Thanks for following up on this!
~Becky~

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I see! I got mixed up on that one because the link was to Florence Fennel, which I think is slightly different but might have be the same species... I'm not sure, though... I'm not really "up" on my fennels, LOL.

hmmm ... I'll have to take a look at that one tomorrow. Thanks for pointing that out!

All seeds have arrived! Yay!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Wheeew!!! Glad to know I made it!! Next time I won't procrastinate!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.