Blooms October 14th - 20th

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Zoey is sure a pretty one. There are so many, my head spins thinking about how to stay in control when it's time to order in the spring. LOL!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Your Zoey does look a lot different than mine! I think it's neat seeing how different some of these flowers look in different parts of the country.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi all,
Just got back from a mini vacation at Disney World a little while ago. The disadvantages of living in Florida, lol!
Guard dogs had a sleep over at puppy playcare for the last 3 days and are totally zonked out!
Came home to some beautiful flowers, but this unusual hot spell is making my Gator Pride leaves more yellow than green!
Anyway, before I post my pics, I wanted to say:

Karen, I am in love with your Time For Magic. Mine has a huge bloom on it, I hope it blooms tomorrow. Moonstruck and Key Largo are quite nice too.
Rene, your Sunshower knocks me out. It is soooooo bright and beautiful!
Liz, Love, love, love the softness of Zoey. It is so much prettier than the vendors pictures.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Ok, here goes:
Black Voodoo closing up

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

High Voltage

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Leroy

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Louise Bennett

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Montserrat

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Nightrunner

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Plum Crazy

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Raggae Breeze

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Finally, a fully opened Tangerine Dream. Very different than Karens.

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Tarantella

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

And last for today: Voodoo Queen

Thumbnail by cat4gp
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

That Voodoo Queen shot is so clear on the colors - beautiful! And here you are taunting me with Night Runner again, you are just making me crazy with that plant. I love how your Tangerine Dream is so different than mine. That's the cool thing about these threads - seeing if we have the same thing blooming on opposite sides of the country and how different in coloration they are :-)

Fun you got to go to Disney World :-) I'm working at a conference next weekend at the Sheraton right next to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go Saturday night and see (my favorite) the Haunted Mansion dressed up in its Nightmare Before Christmas attire :-) I really missed not going in the fall last year when I had free tickets - I was still stuck in the bubble then *sigh*. Life in So Cal, like Florida, has its fun advantages!

I've got a few cool ones from today too, besides my wicked-cool Georgia's Thunder.

Here is the always lovely Gator Pride.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2007 8:06 PM

Thumbnail by amarantha00

A glowing Hot Bikini. See if you can spot the bee ;-) Almost every bloom in the yard today had bees, they were having a pollination party at my house (BYOB...blooms that is, lol).

Thumbnail by amarantha00

A shot of Cajun Blue triplets - I think that this is the second day though on two of the blooms.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Palm Springs is bright!

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Voodoo Magic.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Allure had two new blooms that looked totally different - see what y'all think - trippy, huh?

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Here's the other Allure - please excuse the ugly old freckled hand ;-)

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Simple Pleasures with a huge bloom.

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Raspberry Swirl had a beautiful bloom today - sadly my picture taking skills were apparently lacking on this one...

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Black Jack had another set of twins - this plant is a wonderful bloom machine!

Thumbnail by amarantha00

Soft Spot.

Thumbnail by amarantha00
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Cat! You have a Night Runner!! AAAH!! I'm so envious!!

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

The oddest looking Rum Runner I've ever seen bloomed for me today ...

Thumbnail by AmandaTaylor7
Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Rum Runner twins (same bush)

Thumbnail by AmandaTaylor7
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

love the difference in the allures. And I also like the weirdness of the rumrunner :)

Amanda, cool Rum Runner, I just love mutations ;-) What that says about my personality, I'm afraid to know...

Looks like you spilled paint, lol!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

LOL! I like the Rum Runner. It's unique. Did unique up on it with a paint bucket?

Brugie, I want you to know that I'm eating chow mein for lunch while reading your comment, and it almost came out my nose!!

LMAO ;-)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

OOPS!! Sorry Karen. I'll try to behave. ☺ LOL!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I've got a couple...first I thought I'd post another picture of Magnifique. This is the 4th! day on this bloom. It's starting to look a little ratty around the edges, but I've never seen any other blooms look this good after this many days!

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

And here's a new bloom on Lady In Waiting. I think she's a Magnifique wannabe, I have these two sitting next to each other and this morning when I saw Lady blooming, it looked almost like a smaller slightly less ruffly version of Magnifique.

Thumbnail by ecrane3
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Lady in Waiting is beautiful. I have one, but have yet to see buds form on her. However, seeing yours makes me excited :)

Alvin, TX(Zone 9a)

Ha ha - no, I promise I didn't do anything! I think the leaves on the shrub were hiding parts of the flower from the sun so they protected it from fading at the same rate as the rest of the flower, perhaps. Kinda interesting though!

Liz, that bloom on a 4th day Magnifique is great. My flowers have been lasting at least a couple and some, a few, days with this wonderful cooler weather we've had last week. I don't know about No Cal, but down here we're on an intense warm-up trend. It's supposed be back into the 100's by the beginning of the week - with winds too. We usually get the winds bad here in October - I'm just crossing my fingers it won't be as bad as is predicted. The stupid winds just decimate my brugs especially :-(

Don't you love that Lady in Waiting bloom, it's just so girly and fluffy!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

10/20/07 thought I would post what bloomed before I went to work.
Hurricane Lily

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Largo Breeze

Thumbnail by cat4gp

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.