Aristolochia fimbriata

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

I am thinking of ordering one of these from Plant Delights. (Only site that seems to have them in stock, although a bit pricey). Has anyone here grown them indoors? That is my plan - to have one as a houseplant. I think the little vine and the tiny blooms are so cute.

Randi

(Zone 1)

You should check out the DG'ers who have this plant for trade! Maybe you would have something to give them in trade so you could try it as a houseplant. Or, if you have nothing to trade, it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they would send you seeds or a small plant for postage.

I know nothing about this plant, but some of them are really nice! I'd think it could be grown as a houseplant as long as you could give it the light and care it requires.

edited: forgot to post the link to the ones who have it for trade: http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/search.php?search_text=PFPID:63661

This message was edited Oct 5, 2007 6:08 PM

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I grow a. fimbriata here in zone 8b. It reseeds, grows and blooms in spring and summer. I have it in a large planter with a full size brugmansia. Both plants come up in spring. I have never tried it under lights,but it may work. I have a few still growing.
Right now I am interested in sansevierias, callisia fragrens, gasterias, aloe brevifolia, or who knows. Let me know if you are interested.
Johanna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.