Underwater Gardens #6

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

That is a great shot! Very interesting! ☺☺

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Carriblue, the sargent major attack you describe had nothing to do with what happened to Denis. He pointed to one of the fishies while I was taking a few pictures of him surrounded by this cloud of fish. One of them nibbled a bit, nothing more. No skin punctured, just a bad surprise and a bruised ego. Back on the ship, we laughed our heads off. Your story is very interesting, though. Who knew sargeant-majors bit? Come to think of it, anything with a mouth CAN bite.

I'll try to locate other pictures. Thank Him above fro Photoshop. Man, I enjoy this thread!

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Don't we all?

Louc

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

We can't be letting this thread drop off now. John, Shari, Sylvain????? Where are you guys??? I've missed seeing this thread pop up on my favorites. John, you been diving lately???

This is my contribution to the underwater gardens. Someone to look over the beautiful plants and animals. Connie and I created this mermaid for our own Cath (Gardnerkett). To read more about how she was created and see more photos of her, you can follow this link. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/778304/

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Janet the mermaid is fantastic! Cath you are so lucky to get her!!! Color me green!
I don't want this odyssey to end either, but John doesn't seem to want to post much, and I don't feel qualified to keep it going by myself. Sylvain, maybe you can add some more pics? So anyway, here is a beautiful soft coral that JB saw just a couple of days ago...I really like these.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you Shari. We are very proud of her.

Your soft coral is beautiful. Is that the same kind of coral that is used to make jewelry with?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the coral, Shari. And Janet, the mermaid is beautiful. You and your sister are so talented and to be that close to each other is a double blessing. We won't let this thread die......just won't!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Janet, I absolutely LOVE your work!!! The mermaid is awesome!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Me too, and I get to see Janets presence everyday!
thanks again...love my lizard

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison

I have to keep telling myself that I have no place for one of her peices otherwise I would have a bunch of them. lol.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm getting jealous. However, I promised her a yellow ice plant and still have not produced.
You don't want to know why. I still remember.

Here is a picture of a school of unidentified fish in Aruba.

Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire

And, scraping the bottom of the barrel, here are a couple blue surgeons, also in Aruba.

Sylvain.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Connie and I both appreciate your kind words about our mermaid. We were both very pleased with the way she turned out. We took her to the Treasure House today to show her off. All of the ladies there just loved her. They love seeing our work. They always ask us if we used anything that came from there. One time, the head lady even said, "Tell us you did, even if you didn't." It makes them happy. :-)

Randy said ...

Quoting:
Me too, and I get to see Janets presence everyday!
thanks again...love my lizard

Randy .... as much as I'd like to, I cannot take credit for that topiary lizard. It was CONNIE that made your beautiful lizard. I said something last night in your TOUR thread and posted a photo to remind you who was who. Here is the photo ... again... HAHAHAHA

Would you like us to send you some hens and chicks to plant in it??? Both of us have more than enough to share some.

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Christy, I had forgotten all about the yellow ice plant. My memory ain't what it used to be. It might be better to wait until spring to send it anyway. It'll be time to "put my plants away" before I know it. I'd hate to take a chance on losing it before I really get to enjoy it. I've had my pink ice plant for several years now. It goes crazy around here. I can't even remember where I got it originally. I sure have enjoyed it though. Those little flowers really make me smile when it's blooming. And I love the softness of the leaves.

Sylvain, your fish are very pretty. The water is so clear in Aruba. I would love to be able to dive. I can't stand to have water in my ears though, so I doubt I will ever get the opportunity to first hand see the beauty you all do. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.

Pepper, our sculptures don't take up much real estate. :-)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That's right...so sorry...
I remember after the 100th time I just started using Jonnie in hopes that merging the names would make it better...
Connie - Lizard
Who made the cute wasp trap then?

I heard Aruba was great for underwater adventures..nice pics.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Connie made that one also. She's quite clever. Usually it's been me that does most of the beading on our sculptures. Connie does most of the cutting and ALL of the torching. I think your wasp trap was one of the first ones that were made. I was very impressed with her beading ability. Now, we can share that part of our creations. :-)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You both are wonderfuly charming!
My friends have been asking when your next visit might be!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you Randy. We haven't talked lately about another trip to H. I'm going to be going to the Renassaince Festival at the end of this month. It's rare for me to plan anything too far ahead of time. I'll ask Connie if she'd like to make the trip. I'd like to come see you and Brian. He's such a character.

I've been trying my best to curb my impulse shopping lately. Going there would be a HUGE temptation for me. Surely I could be good. Surely!!!!

LOL. I know they don't take much space but I have to figure out where they could shine. And I have to watch out for sneaky squirrels who move stuff they don't like. lol. I will find a place one day, hopefully soon!!! lol

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, I know what you mean about impulse shopping...that's why I just stay in my garden...

I believe we're planning on going to the Renn fair too in a couple of weeks! I wanted to go this weekend, as I think the theme is Fantasy. Talk about impulse shopping...

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Yeah, but my tight-wad, er closed fisted, er, frugal hubby is going also for the first time. I think it's halloween weekend that we'll be there. I've been twice. Once many years ago when my youngest was a baby. And another time as a chaperon for (8) 12 year olds for school. I wanna go just for ME!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, you mean your wallet will be padlocked?

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Planning a trip to Cayman Brac or Little Cayman for next year, My wife and I are advanced scuba divers & been from Figi to BVI with over 100 dives logged but always avoided the Caymans because of the crowds. Have to try it next time on the less crowded out islands... (w/o Stingray City). Nice pics, thanks for sharing them. :-)

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi WaterCan2! Welcome aboard!

Sylvain - what's this "scraping the bottom" comment!? Not! You post away dear, I've never been to Aruba, and enjoy seeing your pics!

JB took this one for me...another group of featherstars....I just can't get enough of these:

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

HI Watercan. Welcome to the Tropics! :-)

Shari, it looks like it was painted on the tips with glow in the dark paint. I've got to tell you though that the dark ones remind me of my ostrich feather duster! HAHAHAHA

Randy, HIS wallet remains padlocked ALWAYS. I've already warned him about the cost of just eating there. He asked me if we could bring some sandwiches. AAAArrrghhhh... The food is part of the experience. Can't wait to get my grubby paws on one of those waybigo turkey legs! Honestly, as much as I enjoy the crafts, etc. that are there, it's the atmosphere that I enjoy so much. I'm an avid reader and have read many books from that time period, so appreciate the efforts that go into the costumes and into the place itself. I'll have my camera with me. :-)

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Wonderful Janet! When you get back you can post a new thread! I've never been, so would love to see the pictures! Have a great trip!

Jeanne

Pass Christian, MS(Zone 8b)

Shari and Sylvain,
Thanks for keeping us going, great pics. Those featherstars are great.

Watercan2,
Do you have some UW shots that you could share?

Janet,
So glad you shared the mermaid with this group, I was hoping you would.
Please take some pics at the Ren Fest would love to see what its all about. Love the pic of you and sis!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you Cath. I guess you can see where the inspiration for your mermaid's natural curly hair came from now. :-)

I'll be sure to take plenty of photos. The last time I went, I didn't have a decent camera. Only a video camera. That was fine, but a nice digital would have been much better. I don't think digital cameras had even been made at that time.

Janet

Unfortunately not, I did write a review (an unfavorable one), of a dive resort a few years back which won a prize which included a Sealife Sportdiver Camera. But when I see those guys getting off the boat with so much equipt. and so much delicate handling it reminds me of when I got into Astronomy and the tons of stuff I now have collecting dust. So I try not to get carried away again. I told my wife to drop a telescope counterweight on my toes if I did! I'll watch from the sidelines on this one...
I do appreciate the pictures though, I know how much effort it takes, they have a National Geographic course now geared toward buoyancy control for photography!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Water, don't know if you noticed. I bumped the other five threads up to the top today. Have been looking at the photos again myself. Just wanted to be sure that those who have just found the under water gardens didn't miss them. Incredible.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel implies it's just about it for me just about it as far as underwater pictures are concerned. I don't have that many of them that are interesting. I have searched my cruise photo albums (all 15 of them) and I have managed to find 5 or 6 more that are "sharable" or "postable". Here is a good one of me floating on my back at Trunk Bay, St.Johns, USVI. It's not an underwater shot but you can tell I'm about to point and shoot at unsespecting marine life forms.

I'll endeavour to post a picture every day.

Sylvain.

Edited because I don't seem to be able to construct a proper sentence or spell today, darn!

This message was edited Oct 10, 2007 3:57 PM

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

What big feet you have, said Miss Red Riding Hood.......

Great picture. Wish I were there right now.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Christi - I sure noticed! I couldn't believe all those old threads were getting looked at again, and then I saw bump, bump, bump. Thank you dear! You are so sweet to want to share our pics with all the new folks!.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!!!! ♫♫♫♫♫♫

Thumbnail by Islandshari

You're 'bottom of the barrel' would be the 'cream of the crop' for me in UW, here's Belize with the Sportdiver.

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Pass Christian, MS(Zone 8b)

Maybe that's where he's been, celebrating his birthday....should we ask how many candles?
Happy Birthday John!

WC, Its wonderful! Thanks for contributing! I am with you, as a diver, I remain in awe of the photographers that dive and handle all that gear. And yes, one more hobby to spend a lot of money on.

Sylvain, very fetching AW photo.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I get "Belize", but what do you mean "with the Sportdiver"? Beautiful photo!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I didn't know it was John's birthday. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,
Happy BIRTHDAY, Dear John, Happy Birthday to you.....

West Bay, Cayman Islands(Zone 11)

Thanks for the Birthday wishes, just another day in Paradise...fixin to leave work just a fuzz early...we celebrated all weekend as we had friends in from up North...Got a mess of plates for my b-day....fellow collector came down and brought some '58's for me...for those that dont know, i collect license plates and am doing a 1958 birthyear run....i'll let y'all do the math on how many candles are stuck in the rum cake...

"Unfortunately not, I did write a review (an unfavorable one), of a dive resort a few years back which won a prize which included a Sealife Sportdiver Camera."

Shari, the Sportdiver is a camera w/ built in flash I think....

Let the mayhem begin!!

j

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Aha! Thanks for the info! Suprised you can think that much...oh yes, you are leaving work, of course you can still think....in a couple of hours you won't be able to think at all! Rum cake.....yummmmm!
We are starting over on getting your Marshallese lp...told ya about the cop....but someday!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.