Extreme gardeners, 'fess up: have you ever?

There are a total of 407 votes:

Knocked on a stranger's door to ask about a plant in their garden
(89 votes, 21%)
Red dot

Pulled weeds growing on a public sidewalk or path
(84 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Dead-headed or pruned a stranger's plants
(46 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Rearranged plants at the nursery to give one better light or water
(40 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Tracked down a homestead's owner for permission to dig plants
(16 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Played Johnny Appleseed and randomly scattered seeds
(48 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Other extreme gardening adventures (tell us!)
(48 votes, 11%)
Red dot

I'm not an extreme gardener
(36 votes, 8%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Quoting:
Wuvie, EXACTLY what do you call what YOU had planned??? LOL *sheez... shaking head in disbelief*

Obviously I forgot to add "read in jest".
*rolls eyes in disbelief*

This message was edited Oct 17, 2007 7:34 AM

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Just giving you a bad time Wuvie... I do know you were kidding. Sorry that someone beat you to it. I know you would have given it a GREAT home!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok everyone lets start a neglected shrub drive ..... everyone find one that has been run over a few times ..... and send it to a good home.

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Psych, glad you clarified. I feel better
knowing you were just kidding. :-)

Dyson, what about Liriope in the driveway? LOL

This message was edited Oct 17, 2007 3:34 PM

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Whoops. Double post.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2007 3:34 PM

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Those that 'fessed up to extreme gardening in this poll may want to take a gander at my long, narrative saga of my own plant and gardening addiction that is the subject of the DG Article of the day:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/200/

Hope you enjoy it and find some basis of empathy.

Jeremy

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Thank you so much, Jeremy. It really cheered me up to laugh aloud!! Great writing, too.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

OMG that was too funny!! Too close for comfort in so many ways....so glad I didn't unwatch this thread! Thanks Jeremy, you are really fulfilling the 12th step.

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to plantalcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

-Kim

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

"And no matter how far down the ladder we have gone, we see how our experience may benefit others."

-- a voice from the bottom rung.

Jeremy

East Wenatchee, WA(Zone 5b)

Extreme gardening is what I live for. I love plants no matter where I'm at. My garden is a daycare for wayward plants. I invite many to come home with me and when we are a gardener from the inside, we are a gardener to the outside. Nice to br labeled as the "caretakers" of the worlds plants. Doing all those things Dave mentioned is a way of life. Beg, borrow or steal? NO! Ask, care for or recieve. That is my motto! Plant on!

Todd, NC

I once pulled some purple flowers from a large patch of them noticeably overcrowded...The house was for sale, and I thought certainly the owners wouldn't mind, there were soooo many of them. (Don't know what they were, but had a small purple flower at the top of a long, thin stem. Unbeknown to me, a neighbor was looking out the window at me. I found out later when the owner of the house sent me a bill for $50.00! (Plus a nasty note). I had actually pulled just 3 of the flower plants, and ending up paying $50 .00 for them. Two of them died, the other one doesn't look very great, standing all alone in my garden. I learned the hard way, and wont do that again! There are all kinds of people in the world, both good and bad. I felt like telling her that if she loved them so much, why hadn't she thinned them as they badly needed it, and what would she do if the house sold, dig them up and take them with her?!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

like they say, "Crime doesn't pay" !

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I wouldn't be pleased if I were selling my house and someone took blooming plants without a polite request. Pretty flowers are a selling feature. And a "for sale" sign doesn't mean it's all up for grabs. You get more in life with sweetness I've found. Glad you will ask in the future! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.