DAILY PICS. VOL 21

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

I took this shot of a Spotted Owl last summer at Wildlife Images near Merlin.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Marlton, NJ

Very Cool!

Thanks so much for starting the new thread tiger! :-)

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Beautiful image to start the new thread with. What a great animal. That would make a wonderful painting!

Janet

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Barn Owl.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Usually it's the other way around.

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Not my photo. Found it on wunderground.

This lovely was seen this morning in Brazoria, Texas. You all needed to see this beauty!

This is posted with permission by owner, BearcreekBill of Wunderground site.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2007 3:23 PM

Thumbnail by tigerlily
Marlton, NJ

Nice pics tiger!

Is that hummer a pure albino? I can't tell by the eyes.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Not a pure albino, if it was, it would have pink eyes. But very nearly, though!

Resin

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Tiger: Wow! Beautiful hummingbird.

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

An important reminder to everyone.

If you DO NOT own the picture, you MUST uncheck the box that puts the copy right mark on the picture, before pressing the send button.
It is illegal to put your copy right mark on a picture you do not own!

Gary

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

Gary, several years ago I did that, and I also removed the Tiller from my location. Worked once or twice, but never after that. Even if it had worked though, I would mention when a photo was not mine.

Coquitlam, BC(Zone 7b)

Such expressive photos of the owls, tigerlily. I'm in love with the barn owl. Wow, on the gorgeous, little hummer.

I wonder how rare white hummers are?

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

I don't know how rare they are, but here is a site with photos and tracking. The image above will likely be there soon, since I mentioned the site to picture taker and he requested I send the URL.

http://www.hummingbirdsociety.org/hottopics/2007albinos.asp

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

can I ask or question the authenticity of the hummer picture? I am in no way someone to know, but I just see a white bird with black eye with a black background. I would think the eye might be pink or red and the background in color. Also,, I truly feel no hummer would make it , being all white. It wont work for its life. just my thoughts,,

Marlton, NJ

Hi flower, It doesn't have a red eye because it is not a pure albino. There are many pics of white hummingbirds in the last link that tiger posted.

Any birds that are albino or close to that would probably not have a long life due to the fact that their color (white) stands out and they are easily seen by predators.

Hope that answered your question. :-) Pelle

Brainerd, MN

Last of the summer lake pics.

Thumbnail by original_sybil
Brainerd, MN

My, what big yellow feet you have!

Thumbnail by original_sybil
Klamath River, CA

This guy comes by once in awhile to brighten my day. I see him lurking in the Cedar trees most of the time.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

Beautiful pics sybil! Thanks for posting them! :-)

adel, are you still getting the large numbers of Goldfinch or not?

Klamath River, CA

Not quite as many as before. Down to about twenty. I switched to a new song bird mix and they eat that almost as much as the thistle...........By the way, what is BOSS?

This message was edited Sep 21, 2007 1:07 PM

Marlton, NJ

BOSS= Black Oil Sunflower Seed :-)

Klamath River, CA

Thanks

Marlton, NJ

No problem; anytime!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sybil:

Quoting:
My, what big yellow feet you have!

The better to snap up unsuspecting lunch with, my dear. A squirrel's worst nightmare round here!
Good pics everyone!
Deb

Methinks it would be bigger things than squirrels that would be in fear of a young Bald Eagle!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Resin: Oh! Is that an Eagle? Oops. Methought twas a hawk. OK, then a giant squirrel's worst nightmare! :)

Klamath River, CA

Pelle.................you asked about the number of Goldfinch left. This pic was taken late this evening right after I refilled the socks.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

These are probably just oddly marked Goldfnch but I thought I would get the experts opinion. They appear to be a little bigger than the rest of the Gold Finch, the wing bars tend to be yellowish brown and the bodies have very little yellow. There are 4 or 5 that come to the feeder and wont let me get a close pic of them.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Marlton, NJ

Now that the sites back up,lol,

This is not a good pic but I thought it looked so cute anyway.

Chickadee holding onto frog.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Klamath River, CA

New bird here. Last night at our weekly poker game, a friend of mine said that he had three Lewis's woodpeckers on his property. I told him when my new camera with the better lens came in I would come over and try to get some pics. This morning while I was enjoying my morning cup of coffee out on the front porch, this guy flew in. It sure looks like a Lewis's to me. Too bad my new camera is still in transit.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Adlebertcat: I have Goldfinch envy! I'm hoping they'll be passing back through soon. (Ooops, we cross-posted.) Interesting incognito WP there. I bet someone will be able to ID him.
Pelle: He is very cute. They are characters.
Deb

This message was edited Sep 22, 2007 12:24 PM

Klamath River, CA

. Hopefully he will keep coming back and I can get some better pics.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat

Quoting:
New bird here

Juvenile Red-breasted Sapsucker - the red breast is just starting to come in. The white patch and spots on the wing count out Lewis's (that has an all-dark wing)

Resin

Klamath River, CA

Thanks again Resin. Can you tell what the bird is that I posted before that I said was probably just an oddly markedGold Finch?

This message was edited Sep 22, 2007 12:35 PM

Brainerd, MN

I love all the pics but am most fascinated by the chickadee and frog. I would think the frog would have taken off.

The immature bald eagle is from quite a large clan. There are two adults and three, yes three young. Next summer I will be better about taking my camera out on the lake. I missed some fabulous shots of water birds.

Oh, melancholy rages in at the sound of "next summer." Sigh. :)

Marlton, NJ

Ummmm sybil.... did you mean to put a LOL at some point in your sentence about the frog/chickadee? :-)

Northern, IN

Thistle thief with her peg leg friend...

Thumbnail by GoldenDomer
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

The frog couldn't leave; the chic. had him by the leg! ;->

Marlton, NJ

LOL, nice pic Dave!!

ROTFLOL (DebinSC)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.