Next Saturday let's make a plan!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

We've been talking about this on the fall swap thread, so I figured I should make a new thread...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Jim will be gone through this weekend (didn't want to put that on the first post for non-subscribers to see), so I thought this Saturday might be a great time to get some folks together.

Chantell and Becky have talked about coming back up this way to check out the arbors and other goodies at the antique store in Luckett's. I stopped there on my way back from the airport on Saturday... they'd just closed, but I wandered around outside a little, and there's a LOT of neat stuff there! I think I'll have to head back regardless of whether or not anybody else joins me.

What do you think? Does Saturday work? This isn't just a Chantell & Becky & Jill plan, anybody is welcome to join us! I figured we could meet up in Luckett's, then head on to Lilypons, or maybe up to Frederick (more antiquing or nursery hopping, maybe go out to lunch or grab something at my place).

My fingers are crossed!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Have fun. If you do go to Lilypons, I am very interested to hear your reviews. I have heard mixed reports, the last ones being rather negative, so that surprised me. I've never been there myself.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Whether or not we make any purchases at Lilypons, I've heard their grounds are gorgeous!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Jill - need to check my son's bball schedule as I've been missing quite a few of his games. I should find out tonight.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I'll let y'all know - I might have to go to Florida on very short notice - Gregs Grandpa is in the hospital and all alone - nothing concrete until we find out how/where and what with him - MIL is in Europe and I am the only one that can take off like that -

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Becky, sorry to hear about Greg's grandfather! Hope he'll soon be better. Even if it turns out you don't have to go, I'm sure it's very reassuring to him to know that you would go if needed!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks - update on Grandpa - looks like he is still a touch old bird - got hold of Greg's uncle - who rallied his kids - got the hearing aid to Grandpa - who is feeling much better and now trying to talk his way OUT of the hospital :-) I probably do not have to go down unless something unforeseen takes place ....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Good to hear!

You know, the Great Frederick Fair runs through next weekend.... We could do "fair food" for lunch. And if anybody is into midway rides, it's "pay one price" until 5 pm on Saturday (if I'm reading it right, that's $15 admission for unlimited rides, regular $5 admission without the rides).

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Y'all just keep me posted - I am happy to join in on any fun!!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

What time should we meet up? I could be down at Luckett's by 10 or 11, and we could go from there... later would work fine too... I'm keeping my schedule open that day! Hopefully Chantell's son will have an early game, or a Sunday game!

If anybody else is lurking and thinking they might like to join in this loosely organized event, please post! I can Dmail my cell phone number to anybody who thinks they might be able to meet up at some point, so we can coordinate on the fly.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

awww....you're too far away and it sounds just like my kinda thing that I haven't been able to do in years!

:-) Have fun..
(I'll be a lurker to your forum)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I hope you'll decide to move out this way... then you can do lots more than lurk! (and I hope you'll post, too, meanwhile)

:-)

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Jill - sorry to be the pain in the yoo-hooo...but son has a game a 1/2 hour south of me at 9AM. They play 2 - 5 inning games w/a small break in between. Plus remembered that my ex was suppose to be putting the fence up across back of yard this weekend. I'll know better by tomorrow. Mercy this all sounded like so much fun!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Would you be available in the afternoon?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

That's what I'm trying to find out - if I dont' get an email back from the ex, I will call him.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK! No worries on my end... if it happens, it happens... and if it doesn't work out, I'll go out and have fun anyway, so there, LOL.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

:p I'm sticking my tongue out at you!! LOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

How long would it take me to drive from Dallas, Texas?

smirk, smirk....haha

Hate to miss all that wonderful fun. Have a great time.

Christi Lou

Never know who is lurking.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I flew to DFW this spring to visit a friend... it was a very pleasant journey! Come on up!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

just teasing.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

really?? awww, shoot! ;-)

(but you would of course be welcome any time!)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I know that.....that's why I was harrassing you. You guys have a great time. Take advantage of every opportunity.

Ciao

LouC

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Jill - looks like baseball in the AM and fence going up in the afternoon....I'm sooo sorry. I hope we can plan this soon.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

And I have been hijacked by hubby -

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Not a problem. :-) I've been dealing with a migraine all week, so I've had to be pretty low-key... hopefully, by this weekend I'll be busier than a bee and catching up on things around here!

I'll be unavailable for the next couple of weekends. If you want to go up to Luckett's for those trellises and pots and so forth, sooner is probably better than later in terms of selection.

I'm sorry this didn't work out -- but I'm glad we tried!

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Bring a crowd to Hoopa any time! River's fine right now, lots of fruit to graze on and my travel trailer will sleep at least two...camping is good, just make room for the bear and one of my dogs in every sleeping bag.

Nothing else for excitement, however.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Well, it looks like I'm probably on my own for tomorrow... that's OK... this is the first time since last Friday that I think I've been entirely rid of the migraine that's been plaguing me, so I'm hoping to have a productive day in the garden -- and in the kitchen, dealing with garden produce!

Sunday, a couple of friends might come up to Frederick with their new baby and swing by the fair with me. You know I'm mostly excited about meeting Michelle -- hoping her mom and dad will want to ride all the midway attractions so I can have her to myself!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey Critter, is there a particular trigger that set off the migraine? I only had them when I had lyme's disease, but that was a miserable experience.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Mine are mostly hormonally based, and I've had a lot of trouble with them the past several years due to the meds I took for IUI and IVF cycles, trying to get pregnant. The small consolation when I decided to stop the treatment cycles was that I'd now be able to get on a daily medication to prevent migraines... unfortunately, I've had some difficulty in finding something that works without nasty side effects. Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch as my hormones swing around this month. :-)

If I'm having even a little trouble with them, then there are triggers that'll bring on a bad one -- bright light, smoke, citronella, nutrasweet. I've had migraines on and off since I was 20-something, so I've worked out ways to deal & figured out most of those triggers!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Critter - I feel your pain so to speak - took me forever to figure out nutrasweet was a culprit - I used to drink at least a couple of 12 packs a week, if not more - got worse and worse - ran out of soda - too lazy to go to store - headache went away :-) Duh!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Fortunately for me, there's now Pepsi One (with Splenda)! Caffeine helps; nutrasweet not so much. DH makes our morning coffee more often than not, so I've been lazy about it this week... I did make half a pot this morning, but I've been having a morning cola rather than a morning coffee most days, LOL.

It's remarkable to me that so many people have trouble with migraines, and yet there aren't better medical solutions yet... oh, there's definitely been progress, but... I guess part of the issue there is that it's a class of symptoms and not really a single definitive disorder.

Hmmm, I guess we've gone a little O/T, except that migraines have affected most of my plans (or lack thereof) this week!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Bad Critter - cola products in the morning is NOT good for you - says she who polishes off 2 huge cups of coffee before she is coherent!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

JIll - has your dr tried you on Topamax yet?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, but yes we've tried that -- bad reaction. Before this past week, I did have a couple of good weeks, so I think we're closing in on something that works. :-)

Sorry, I don't mean to be moaning about this... I'll get back on top of my game, it'll just take a bit more time than I was hoping!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Per my alt. health reference book, some of the herbs recommended for migraines include feverfew, ginger, angelica, golden seal, rosemary, sage, valerian, lobelia, ginkgo biloba. Besides taking caffeine at the first signs of a migraine, it also suggests a glass of carrot/celery juice.

I don't get migraines, but wonder if any of the above have been effective for those of you who do.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Carrot juice.... that's not one I've heard, but it's worth a try. I wonder what the key element is supposed to be... Ginger is a mainstay for me with a bad migraine, because it helps with nausea. Both rosemary and lavender essential oils seem to be helpful. I'm careful about some of the stronger medicinal herbs like valerian because it's hard to regulate dosage of active compounds in "natural" products, but I'm definitely a fan of taking multiple approaches to treatment. Thanks!

BTW, is anybody else having issues with the server this morning? Maybe my wireless connection is just being fitful. If this posts multiple times, I apologize!

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

It's not your wireless. Server was down when I first tried this AM, around 8:30 and there have been intermittent problems ever since. Very slow loading, etc.

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

I've tried some of the herbal recommendations and they have helped me feel a bit better but not really (Aaaahhhh, that smells nice!) Ginger is also a staple for me for the same reasons as critter. I've found this year, though, that what I'm getting seem to be sinus headaches rather than migraines. I'm in synch with other sinus suffers and not as much nausea, light isn't so painful etc. But these headaches are still bad and take me offline for a day or two at a time. So this week I was hoping to join in on the Lucketts fun, but it was a headache week for the most part, so I'm going to have to catch up on work.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.