Show us your Summer Containers!

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Marilyn,

I guess you will try to get it at Meijer's next time, and I cannot believe the garden center marked it up that much. Our Meijer's has about 10 bags left. Maybe I had better get some more while it is marked down to $6. Next spring it will probably be $7 again.

Hebron, KY

Betty,

You're paying the end of season price. ;-)

Marilyn

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I guess Sweet Peet is not available west of the Mississippi. I googled to try to find where available in this area and got no response from Sweet Peet. Does anyone have any ideas. If I have to send for it I am afraid the postage would make it way too expensive.

Donna

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Donna,

I am pretty sure Sweet Peet is only available in a few locations.

Here is the link to their website that shows where it is available right now.

http://sweetpeet.net/distributors1.htm

Hebron, KY

Hi Donna,

You have Dmail!

Marilyn

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Here is a picture of one of my successful pots for this summer. It is Angelonia Carita shades of purple.

Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive
Hebron, KY

Beautiful color combination, Donna!

Marilyn

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

Donna,

That is so pretty. I just love Angelonia and have it in some of my pots and also in the ground. I also tried white for the first time this year and it mixes well with colors and especially red Dragonwing Begonias, which I tried in one pot this year.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This was my favorite for 2007. Started all the petunias from seed. We gone thru a few light frosts, but they are fairly protected near the house.

Thumbnail by joannabanana
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Among my favorites this summer was my morning glory vines. The vines got blown over and the trellis broke during a rainstorm, but I just left them doubled over and they seem to be doing okay.

Thumbnail by revclaus
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here's some more

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A some more - all along the fence

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

And 1 more

Another of my favorites. The impatiens have crept over into the hosta.

Thumbnail by revclaus

And another

Thumbnail by revclaus

The last one, my favorite coleus this year (before it dried up due to lack of watering a couple of days in a row...boo hoo).

Thumbnail by revclaus

Joanne, yours are stunning!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Revclaus!! Yours are awesome as well. Your impatients would look cool with a soft Rush, as well. (perhaps a next year project)

This is the 1st time I have visited this forum & posted anything. Great info & pictures from all. I love containers!!

Joanne, could you say more about a Rush you might suggest?? Intriguing idea.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This isn't a great picture, but you can see the kooky squiggles. It likes the same conditions as an impatient & would be well balanced with them, & adding some pizzaz.

I do have them right next to my container water garden which has dwarf cattails, sort of rushlike. I usually use curly rush which I like much better. That would look nice!

Thumbnail by revclaus
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great photos everyone

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Here a shot from the front door. Petunia is Bubble Gum Supertunia, 3 plants in a 12" pot. 4 foot diameter.

Joanne, they're stunning! You mut have them in the right spot.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Yes Joanne, absolutely gorgeous. I was reasonably happy with my hanging basket until I saw yours. LOL

Donna

Hebron, KY

Joanne,

Your Petunia 'Bubble Gum' Supertunia is beautiful and so are your gardens!

Everyones flowers look beautiful also!

Everything is drying up and dying here (potted and in the ground), because of all the dry and extreme heat we've been having and are still having. :(

It's suppose to hit 90 (that's 20 degrees above our normal high) again Saturday and Sunday and we're having high 80's yesterday, today and after the weekend. Suppose to cool down after Tuesday.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Joanne
super containers! I love looking at everyones for ideas to steal for next year!
Revclaus
very cute water garden.
Here is one corner of my deck that had been quite a show till they froze! I did manage to save the cordaline and did take cuttings off the coleus too. With Marilynbeth talking 90 degrees I had a good giggle as 50 miles south of me had snow today.
Thanks to all for sharing.
Ann

Thumbnail by annabell52
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

WOW Annabell! What an explosion of color! I love it! The colors looks fantastic together.

Janet

Beautiful, Annabell! Such a short season for you. We're expecting a freeze any day now, and it's so sad.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very nice Annabell... love them

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Thank you all for your kind comments.
Those pots are under a big green Ash tree that shades the deck in the summer which is a good thing as it faces South.
Our season is winding down as 3A doesn't have a lot of forgiveness when it comes to frost.
We had a good killing one and now we are into our summer fall with clear blue skies and crisp evenings and the soft warmth of the sun during the day.
Ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.