Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 8

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Will be a decent day here. lol. Too hot to really do anything.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Cool pics Kell, especially the younger you and family. Don't understand the 'sphinx' name of rock. Doesn't much look like the original.

Thumbnail by vadap
Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Well, heck, didn't work, give me a minute.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Here we go.

Thumbnail by vadap
Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

While we're at it, here is 20 yo photo, courtesy of the US Navy touring department. Note the stylish 'Members Only' jacket. 1987, Giza plains, Egypt.

Thumbnail by vadap
Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Paul , All my life I have wanted to Climb one or all of the Pyramids .
And to see you standing so close to one gives me goose bumps .
How luckey you are to have been there in person .
Last week end whilst climbing our Pyramids ,
My brother told me he and his wife are going to Egypt next year ,
And did I want to come allong .

Our Sphinx was named in 1894 so who knows why ther called it that .
I have a pic of my DD next to it ,
With a lot if imagination I guess it looks a bit like it .
Can you see the nose on the face ???

Thumbnail by ginger749
Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Ah, a much more telling angle. I have to tell you, Egypt is amongst one of the last places I would ever go to again. Would rather go back to Turkey, the seat of Alexanders empire in Istanbul. Although, the King Tut museum was very cool. Seeing a sarcophogus(sp?) about the size of a small car that is solid gold!!!

This Pic is also 14 yo .
But it was another trip . More of a summers climb .
The reason for jeans is the Granite Rock is so unforgiving on your bare skin .
No one is allowed to climb that rock any more .
One day it will topple , Hope I'm not next to it when it does .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Ginger, you going to Eygpt with your brother? I sincerely hope you didn't turn that trip down!!

Paul, nice to hear from ya again! Nice pics too.

Pep, I'm not sure I can go .
To many animals to look after .
Have I told you I have 12,000 tropical fish ?

Uh, no. lol.

I sell them to Pet Shops .
So I can't afford to loose any .
How is your flooding going ?

Flooding is down again. Creeks still high though. Won't take much to get flooded out again. But far as I know no more rain this week.

How many Equines can you see in this Pic ?

Thumbnail by ginger749

Right now I'm seeing 6. I;ve seen this one before and I can't remember the real number.

Not 6 .

hmmm....

So how did YOU celebrate 4-July ?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ahh, back from the beach it was lovely 77 - dh ran 10 miles on the beach and is sunburned :(

those pictures are awesome Paul, why wouldn't you want to go back? - I'm like Ginger, very intrigued by Egypt.

Ginger, I love the pictures you are showing us from the past, ... I can see her nose.

I only see 5, so I can't even find as many as Pepper !

Red you are correct .

And The beach sounded fun .

This was going to be my clue .
#1 clue .
Count the legs and divide it by 4 . LOL

I thought 6 cause in one spot it looked like another body hiding in there.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

good morning all ! Today I'm going to attempt taking down the swingset and putting up a pool (not too big, prob 10' if I can find one that size) Hope I can get it all done.... and Big Brother tv show starts tonight, and I'm an addict, so have to be ready for that.

what's everyone up to?

Packing for a week-end of Climbing adventure .
As today is Friday . Thursday your time .

Too quiet for me here ,
Heading off a day early .
TTFN .

This message was edited Jul 6, 2007 5:17 AM

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ah, Ginger - hope you have a fantastic time climbing... it is quiet today . I did get the pool done, it's still filling with water tho (IT TAKES FOREVER!!) We ended up with 12', which is just squeaking into the area I wanted it in, so should be fun. Hope everyone is well.

Doing fine here. Getting ready for fireworks at work tomorrow. Watching Divine Design and talking on here. I should watch Return to Snowy River though. One of my favorites.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I did not get home in time to tape big brother and my mothers VCR messed up! We missed it... the only episode to ever miss.. I am very unhappy!

Anyone have a VCR copy to send? I will pay for it.

Tammie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey Everybody!

Tammie, I also missed the show. Feeling a bit tired from too much sun and festivities..lol Talk to y'all later!

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

shoot tammie, sorry to hear that, we don't have a vcr anymore ! :) Do they put the shows up at cbs? you can watch online probably at youtube. I have the 24/7 feeds, so if you'd like any spoilers :)

Canna, sounds like you are tired, but happy - tell us all about it when you are rested up ! another bb watcher !

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

Red, wouldn't want to go back to Egypt because: very dirty, very arid, very rude and clutchy people(ie grabbing hold of you to sell you junk-yeah I bought some), and eat at your own risk. Their cousins in Turkey manage to keep their cities clean, they always give you a few feet of space(may totally surround you, but they don't touch you) and are infinately more courteous, plus you can eat off the street vendor carts with no worries(Best coffee in the world, too). I've enjoyed most places I've gone, but Egypt and Aruba are on my 'never again' list for bad reasons. Antarctica is on there also, but once you've been, you've seen it all, and what you haven't seen, you don't want to see or experience(pitch black, gale force winds and major sub 0* temps-no thanks). LOL

pep. glad you guys are beginning to dry out.
Kell, hope you had fun, your recent temps have been like spring or fall around here-very nice.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Weather has been comfortale around here too... high 80's to low 90's... had a touch of rain yesterday.. just enough to get things a little wet and a few sprinkles today.. otherwise, it has been 11 days since anything that wets the ground. I discovered I can watch big brother episode on the web site.. have to go to my parents to do it... my computer is too goofed up to play video properly. I have a wonderful dsl connection .. my computer is the slow up. I will have the money very soon to have my computer rebuilt and will have my speed again... I hope.

Tammie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey everyone, we're back now, tired from too much sun, swimming and intoxication...lol

I tried to take a few scenic pictures, I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It was really nice to come home to a yard full of blooms!

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

Yesterday we went to where I work and watched the fireworks. Before sitting down though we walked thru a few of the gardens to see the dinosaurs that we have until Oct. It was really neat seeing them. Oh and the fireworks were great too. Alot of people were saying that it was the best display they had ever seen.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL, I have some really bad fireworks pictures...where I'm from every year they set the island on fire where they shoot them

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

We forgot our camera otherwise we would have taken pics too.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

vadap, those sound like some really good reasons to stay away !! Tammie, I'm glad to hear your connection is better... sounds like our weather is about the same.

Tropicanna, sounds like you had a real BLAST

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL...a peaceful shot of the beach

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Sorry for the fuzziness of this, it's zoomed in, cause we were staying as far away from this as we could....lol...not exactly peaceful

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh wow, a very busy day at the beach.. no wonder you drank so much ! lol - it's not the same without our Ginger here. I haven't been doing much outside except lifeguarding the pool. I need to get something done today, or I'll go crazy!

Back home to a nice HOT bath .

Yes Paul , I have heard that about Egypt .
We spent 1 week in Istanbul .
And the coffee is like nothing on earth .
I'll look for some old Pics .

T. The beach looks very crowded .

Red , Do you get to wear a life guard hat ?

Let me introduce yall to Barney .
No not Rubble .
This is Mount Barney .
I spent 9 hours on saturday Climbing all over it . Solo.

Thumbnail by ginger749

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.