Cannas: CANNA ? ( Continued ) # 8

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Just that one storm on tuesday and hot and dry since... yes, I worked fri, sat & sun 12 hours each... very tired and a bit discouraged.. it has to get better. It's the paperwork that is driving me crazy.. we now not only have to document pt condition but what they do not have... also every piece of equipment in the room with brand name... what a pain in an intensive care area... over 30 minutes just to write that down each shift... for each patient and they are all the same! Rediculous! ... just to avoid law suits! like "connected to Packard brand monitor with 5 leads placed appropriately with 3 leads on monitor display screenI , leads I, II & lead III all showing sinus ryhthm. No arrythmias at this time. Electrodes in place properly and firmly attached to pt anteroir upper body, alarms set for each lead at rate less than 50 higher than 100 with st elevation alarms also on...." Normally I would write " Pt on cardiac monitor with alarms on, SR with no ectopy"

Tammie

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Hurry back T.
It feels really quiet without you here .

Tammie ,
Sounds quite boring .

Red ,
Great Pic of Vincent .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh tammie, I couldn't even read all of that, I'm sure it makes you want to scream!

Ginger - I am in love with those rocks, looove the one that is just balancing there-, oh my goodness they are just amazing!

I am so sore from head to toe! these are not the best pictures, it's 3:33 and very sunny, but this is what I did yesterday and today, it's actually a fairly large area, but my pictures aren't so good.... also, I didn't get all the plants I wanted :(

this is the grass planted in clay

Thumbnail by Redtootsiepop
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

heres after removing the grass, turning in a ton of compost + other stuff (topsoil & composted manure) and adding plants and rocks.... the area is about 25' x 10' and I had to dig down a couple feet in some areas because of the clay & rocks.... I deserve a McTarnahan's ALE !!!! and, I know I need to mow still .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

different angle, what terrible pictures I took ---lol you can't even see what I did, oh gosh, I'm exhausted!

Great Pics Red .
I can see exactly what you did .

"And on the 3rd day she rested" .
Your effort looks of Biblical proportion .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

oh you are so nice, my pictures aren't the best.... on the 3rd day she takes all the sod to the dump! lol ... but that won't be too bad, a neighbor needed some and he brought his wheelbarrow down last night and picked it up. And, I have 3 little helpers, too!

Everytime I stop in I look at that rock balancing there, I love it!

These balancing rocks are all over the place .
They look as good as your big rock in your front yard .

Thumbnail by ginger749

This one was not as pretty .
But still neat looking .
We are always trying to PUSH them over .
One day one will roll over . So Look Out !!!

Thumbnail by ginger749
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL. Ginger you are trouble around those rocks.

Red, your garden is looking great! I just added a bunch of free plants to mine. A Bluestem shrub-Pheit Blue something like that, and a few other plants.

Oh, also got a Dianthis called Cranberry Dazzle. Really pretty and smells good too.

Oh, Red, the work you did is amazing! I can tell the difference when I look at the first and third pictures and compare the plants that were already there. That was lots of work. You grass in a wonderful green color... mine is dark green.

Tammie

I just found my first brug buds a few minutes ago.. posted in the brug forum.

Good on you Tammie .

"Happy Birthday"

Dear TAMMIE,
Happy birthday to you, ♫
Happy birthday to you, ♫ ♫
Happy birthday dear Tammie, ♫ ♫ ♫
Happy birthday to youuuuu. ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

LOL. You are really late ginger!!

I said it 1 post before you . ( back a bit )
I just wanted to remind others , With a Tune .

LOL. I think I also said it in another thread unless I forgot. I tend to do that alot too. lol

We all suffer from that Pep . lol

But some people will never admit it. lol

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Happy Birthday Dear Tammie, happy birthday to you !!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to go right now and find your brug buds! The kids put some of their crystals in the pool the other day, they got ENORMOUS ! such fun,

Ginger, just love those rocks, they look like they would tip right over. Pepper, the cranberry dianthus sounds pretty - I love putting new plants in, too..... I always go look at them, like they're going to change over a few hours time - :)

missing our Tropicanna, hope she's having fun at the beach !

If OL are there she won't !

Yes Red We have been trying to push them over for 40 years .

Census results were just released .
AUSTRALIA now have 21 Million People .
LOL Some of your States have that many .

The dianthis is in a bed of plants that all came from work. Some bought but most are free. I just get leftovers at the end of the day which is fine with me cause I want others to get what they want. Sometimes I won't even take a plant cause it's not something I want. Sometimes they shove the plants in my hands and say pleeease take it!!! LOL

Hey, be glad you don't have as many people as we do. No over crowding to deal with. I was reading the other day that the furthest you can go without seeing a road is 20 miles. That's it.

WOW ! That sure is Crowding them in Pep .

I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. You can't imagine how much they mean to me. I cried so many times yesterday and last night that my eyes were burning. I am 46 and single, no children and my parents were out of town so I was alone... well, except for my wonderful three dogs who really make my life worth living. You all mean a lot too.

THANK YOU!!

Tammie

Tammie this is for you to get a laugh out of .

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8512/00001558rs9.gif

Any one know what this is ???

Thumbnail by ginger749

Very cute.. and yes, I did chuckle!

Bengal Tiger.. Pretoria... but I thought the blooms were pure orange.. I have one at my mothers about to bloom for the first time so I will know for sure. The two I have in my beds are still too small to bloom... very slow growers compared to some others. Those are VERY pretty!

Gee Tammie You are up late .

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Very pretty, I just planted a canna that looks just like that, but I think the name was different ?? I'll have to look it up.

Oh Pepper, I can't imagine being around all those plants, thats worse than working at a bakery and having leftover donuts! :) well, except the plants aren't fattening.

Tammie were you up partying last night !!

Are some plants fattening ?

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

uh, only if you ate waaay too many avocados ! lol, no I don't think so.

Taken from the Highest point at Girraween N. P.
This is Mt Norman .

Thumbnail by ginger749

This is the Signature Rock from Girraween .
" Sphinx Rock ."
It's almost impossible to climb .
But we sure give it a good try .
Lots of broken finger nails .

Thumbnail by ginger749

LOL. Well, at least you had fun tackling those mountains.

No fattening plants at work. Just lots of junk food to offset the good stuff. lol. We live for chocolate over there. And the volunteers bring in food almost every week and feed us. We drool when we see a pan or 2 on the counters and tell ourselves to wait but we open the lids and peek anyways. LOL.

AHhhhhh . Food the spice of life .
Why does it always go directly to your hips ???

This was a Pic taken at the same spot 14 years ago .
# 1 Son was 11 yo .

Happy Independance Day You Guys .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Never goes to my hips. lol. Never goes anywhere. Just dissolves and I stay skinny.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Great pictures, how fun to see it 14 years ago !!!!

Happy 4th everyone ! We are off to Cannon Beach for the day - hope everyone has a great day.

xoxo
Tracy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.