Mailbox Flooded with LOVE!

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

I'm asking for your help please,
Will you send a Get Well Card to my Daddy.
I want him to feel the LOVE from ALL my gardening FRIENDS! Is would mean the world to him. The little children from his church sent card's. And they couldn't hardly write there names. It touch his heart with so much love.

Update 7-5-07 Hopsices has been call in now.

Here's what we are facing

Daddy's time many be near so the Doctor said's. We are believing the Lord will renew his strength so he will be able to walk and see the beauty around him.

Also praying that the bondage of control from his wife will be broken. That she will let family & friends visit him when they come or call on the phone. As of now she will not answer the phone or return messages. Or does see let family & friends come in to visit, not even his preacher. Her reason is that he has COPD and he needs his rest. So therefore she tells visiter's he's sleeping.

Yesterday we had a family meeting with daddy & her, and I ask a simple question to daddy. What would he like to have around him now? Your worldly treasure's of gold & silver or what? Daddy reply I want my kids, family and friends with me now. And if I am a sleep or not looking my best, let them come in anyway.

But his wife wasn't happy the his comment and behave like a child. She wants that control over everything. We need prayers to break her strong-hold over my father. Daddy love's people and has never met a stranger. He need's to fill the love of others in these dark days. From a phone call or visits or a get well card whatever it maybe so he can FEEL the LOVE of Christ.

My wish is to FLOOD his mailbox with LOVE will you help me, please.

May you have a Bless Day,
Hugg's
Donna

d-mail for address

This message was edited Jun 28, 2007 2:08 PM

This message was edited Jul 5, 2007 9:56 AM

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Of course Donna! I'll be writing and praying with him and for him. And I'll be praying for your step mom too, asking the Lord to lessen her overly protective bonds and allow him to enjoy the comfort of friends and family.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, please dmail me the addy. I will also pray that your step mother will see that the very people she is pushing away are the ones she will need if your father should pass. Sometimes people try to pretend that things are "not as bad as they are" because that keeps them from having to face the truth...that may be too painful to endure. I will pray for her doubly hard as well, I saw what loosing my Father did to my Mama and it is just awful! Love to you, Donna, you are a good daughter.
Janet

If I do not reply for a few days and you would like daddy's address
ask JanetS , Cordeledawg or ScentedGardens for it please. I also stay in contact with Cordeledawg & ScentedGardens by phone.

Your support & love mean the world to me!
Hug's to u ALL!

This message was edited Jun 28, 2007 3:59 PM

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna,
Hugs and Prayers to get you through this.
Elaine

Dmail me your Daddy's address and I would love to send him a card.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll send it to you, Elaine, just in case Donna's not on-line. You've got d-mail.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

My card went out this morning and I sent everyone on my email list a request to do likewise..I already have emails stating they are sending cards as well...much love!
Janet

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

prayinfg that the woman realizes he needs his family around him.. be glad to to send me his add.. blessings..

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

You've got d-mail, hope, just in case Donna's not on line I'll send it to you.

Waycross, GA(Zone 8a)

I would appreciate it if someone would send me Donna's daddy's address so that I could send a card. Thanks so much and God bless you, too.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Cheryl, you have d-mail, just in case Donna's not on line.

Prayers are being answer!!
Daddy walk from his bedroom to the supper table an back tonight (50'). Also eat good and was able to visit with us for about 2 hour at the table. And then he surprise us again with he STOOD up to his wife about is real estate. Told her he was giving all of his property to his CHILDREN and she would rec her part after his death.

I can't tell you how proud I am of my daddy, God gave him the strength to walk and speak his mind. Praying for strength to continue in him.

Keep on Praying
Bless you all

Donna
I'm so glad to hear this positive report. :) Prayers will continue for strength for both him to have the courage to stand up to her and for you to have the strength and patience you need to deal with everything that's going on. Sending many hugs&blessings your way tonight.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, that is wonderful news! I imagine the cards will begin to arrive soon, and I hope he feels the love we are sending his way! Bless you all!
Janet

Thank You Janet for thinking of me, it arrived today! So sweet of you to send it!

Blessing & Hug's to you all!
Donna

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Very good news.,, sending card to your Daddy, continued prayers for you both.
Hugs, Elaine

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Mine went out today. :) Sure hope the news continues * good *! I'm still here and still praying!

Please pray of breaking to stronghold of greed out of Daddy's wife heart & mind. Her attitude is changing and it's not good from what I'm hearing from Daddy. It seems she doesn't want us kid to have any of our in heritage, but those are daddy's wishes. She's been so what hateful to all of us but mostly Daddy since she heard of his plans. What's so bad that Daddy is 99% dependent on her, when it comes to his care. Us kids have step back for the time being, taken daddys care one day at a time. Even though us kids have offer to help with Daddy, his wife insist on hiring a care giver. She still won't let us help like we want too, still wants that total control. The wife of 11 yrs. does have a few rights for now......

Thank you so kindly for all your prayers.

I pray for the breaking of the stronghold & greed in his wife in Jesus name, Amen

Dave's Garden

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, I hope your Daddy has a will that spells everything out the way he wants it to be. That is what he needs to make sure his wishes are met. People can become such "monsters" at times like this, and I've seen people that were thought to be kind and gentle spirits turn into the Devil himself when they thought they should get something(material things) or deserved such and such.....it is not pretty, that is for sure. People seem to lose site of what is truly meaningful. I pray your family and your Daddy's wife can do what he wants and be happy to have the time with him you have been given now. It will pass so quickly, and nothing left in this world will be worth one minute you can spend with him now.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2007 8:27 PM

Thomson, GA

Ditto, Janet. I am an only child, and when my Mom passed away, she left everything to me and my two children, with a few exceptions that were plainly stated in her will. Unfortunately, her sister, who to her credit cared for her during the last 2 months of her life as I lived in another state, had a job and kids in school., etc., forged a letter she claimed that my cousin typed and my Mom signed, giving certain material items to her. Fortunately, her other sister was the executrix of the estate and had spoken to my mother about her wishes on several occasions, and she knew that these were things Mom intended my son to have. That did not stop the other sister from removing and hiding these things to try to keep them from us. If it had not been that I knew Mom wanted my little boy to have these things that had been his Granddaddy's, I would not have fought over material things. It hurt so much that they felt they had to be sneaky about it. If they had just asked, we could have worked it out. It got pretty nasty and unfortunately we don't keep in touch anymore, which is not what my Mom would have liked.

Don't let her keep you from your Daddy. You have rights, too, but your Dad has the right to see his family if he wants to and she should not stop that.
Card is on the way.

Lots of love and prayers! Keep your chin up and keep on smiling for your Daddy!

Susan

The cards started flooding in today! Only spoke to daddy for a minute (company was there) but before I hung up he said, You wouldn't believe it but I got BUNCHES & BUNCHES of cards today from your garden friends, and some even wrote a note in the card! They came from everywhere!!! And after having a so so morning, the cards of gave him a BIG BOOST of JOY & HAPPINESS!! You guys & gals ROCK!!

Daddy want me to tell you that "you" made is day, and it's nice to know that a perfectly stranger would care so much to send a card to him. He sure did feel your LOVE, words can't express how much it means to me also!

I'm hoping to talk to him again tonight, I've call 4 times today and haven't gotten a chance to really chat. I'll be going to see him tomorrow, and will hang all those card on his bedroom wall as a reminder of Christ LOVE & encouragement. Hoping my brother & sister friends will join in too!

"I'm giving ALL of YOU the BIGGEST BEAR HUG ever!!"
Bless you all,
Donna

Boy Oh Boy is daddy going to really be surprise in the days to come!
Now I want to make someone else just as happy!

A mission has been put on my heart, I will commet to start sending at least 10 cards a month to someone from DG's prayer request. Hoping to bring the Love of Encourgement during their dark days. If anyone would like to join in and think it's a good thing to do, please d-mail me. Then I'll start a NEW thread name Cards of Encouragement! Or you may have an even better idea!

Thanks for letting me share this with you,
DGer's are the BEST when it comes to caring.
Hugs Donna

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, you've got a heart the size of Georgia, girl. Bless you/

ya think Deb! lol!! that so sweet of u to say. Maybe bitting more than I can do but I'm gotta give it my best shot!

I'm recording all of my phone conversation with daddy now, just wish you could of hear him, when he said "BUNCHES & BUNCHES OF CARDS" what a joy it was to hear!! Just want to give that kinda of "JOY" it back to someone eles! Going to the dollar store to stock up on cards, maybe I'll get creative and make a few of them too!

This will be an OUT REACH MISSION to keep my mind on others, than my on trouble.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I will send one and sure will pray, this seems to be a common thing that happens with a step parent. I think they feel like a change of will , last minute may ruin their security. Dawn
ps. I think the idea is good about sending cards or even ecards to DGers that need prayer. I know several people here are good at that but it would be so encouraging to get those cards during trials.

Just a little bit about my daddy.

Daddy's is a retired truck driver of 40 yrs. He love's wildlife doesn't believe in killing any of God's creaters,
not even deer! Loves to fish & dig in the dirt too! Lives on his parents farm and has 20 head of cow's.
Oh he loves to talk with a nic name of JAB BO in his younger days.

I'm sadden to say Hospices has been call in now.

I thank you for the bottom of my heart.
May God Bless You Each & Everyday,
Donna

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, Donna, I am so saddened to hear Hospice has come so soon. They are wonderful though, and they make it as easy as possible on both the patient and the family. God be with you dear friend....God bless your Daddy!
Janet

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I love hospice, they are the only ones who listen to you and don`t care if they overdose your pain meds if the person needs more, the doctors don`t want to get sued so they undermedicate. :( Are you alright?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, I'm with you, thinking about you and praying for your daddy. Just a phone call away if you need to talk.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

early prayers for your Dad and family situation too.

I'm doing good for now with God strength, keeping busy. Didn't get to see Daddy yesterday, a theif broke in to our business Wedesday @ 9am. Busted the glass door went straight to the petty cash box, that's all they got. There was a plain box next to the metal petty cash box with $700 in it they didn't even touch. Saturday 30th while we were in visiting Daddy a theif stole $4000 of scrap copper & parts out of the delivery trucks. We're hopful they'll be caught & punish. Time to up grade security maybe a BIG BAD DOG would help. I'll leave that up to Roger & parter brother.

So the plan is to see Daddy this aftenoon, maybe I'll get to met with a nurse while I'm there. Going to hang all this CARDS on his bedroom wall. The wall of ENCOURAGEMENT! We are ALL a peace now with the wife, praying it will stay that way.

Have A Bless Day My Friend,
Donna

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Praise God.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Big Hugs, for you and your Dad.. So glad to hear about the peace. I know it makes things a little easier.
Elaine

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Donna, I am thinking about you and your Daddy this morning. I hope you are having a wonderful visit. You were both heavy on my heart last night, prayers continue!

Thomson, GA

Donna, it does make anything and everything so much easier when you just hand it over to God, doesn't it? It took me 48 years to figure it out but my life has been so much easier since then. It is so much easier to live without all the worry and stress I used to have before I learned to just turn it over to God and trust in His love and the plan He has for me.

I'll bet your Daddy is a character. My Daddy was a trucker, too, and all the children and animals loved him, a great big man with a great big heart and gentle hands and voice. What a treasure he was, and I know your Daddy is, too! Thinking of you and your family tonight - have a wonderful weekend. (((hugs)))

I'm out of here,,,,,,,,,Daddy has made a turn for the worst!
God give us STRENGTH. Will stay in touch with Coredeldawg!

hugs
Donna

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Just received the bad news from Donna that her Daddy passed away. Please continue to keep Donna in your prayers.

I'm thinking and praying for Donna and the family tonight.
{{{ Donna }}}
Hugs&blessings ... Susan

P.S.

And yes ... I changed my DG name back to IO1. I have to much I Owe to God (One), so I asked Dave to please let me have it back. I feel very blessed that he allowed me to.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Saying prayers for Donna and her family..
Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.