June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

And some plant's here are still waiting to be put in the ground. I've even topped some of my coleus. I did return to beds full of weeds and rampant dollar weed.
I think a few of these 80 something high days will get er done. At least most of the weeding is done and I was laid off yesterday so I'm ready.
I also have a new boom box and some wonderful Native American music that keeps me and the plants happy.
Here it's
75.0 °F / 23 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 53 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 8.3 mph / 13 km/h from the NNE
Wind Gust: 8.3 mph / 13 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 25 °C
I'm surprised that the 'Heat Index' is that high with that breeze.
Here is a Hibiscus that came in a hanging pot of 5. They've all grown-up now.
Please come by with your picture and your daily chats.
Kelli I hope you posted all your great wildflowers to the Plantfiles.
Dyson let me know if there's anything I can do.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
(Zone 3b)

sugarweed - what a beautiful flower - nice beginning for this thread. Now with "free" time, bet your garden/flowers will love it, too.
9pm, sunny, just returned from gson's baseball game..a wonderful evening watching the kids have so much fun and the weather is good, again..
A "Tidewater" glacier - it's base touches the water.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Thanks, Kiska.
Just looking at thay lovely picture cools me off.
I guess I'd call it a cool picture.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

59°(F)

& Dark

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 83%
Wind: 130° (SE) at 3mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.09in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 59°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 68°F
Dew Point: 54°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: 3100ft
Heat Index: 59°
Wind Chill: 59°
6hr Precip: 0in
6hr Low Temp: 59°F
6hr High Temp: 61°F

Thanks for the wishes all.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! We had a nice rain yesterday & last night! I recon the rain dance music helped me, too! :D It's 60* with some more rain forcast for this evening.

Thanx Sidney, for the new thread. I'm glad that you are enjoying your new music. ;) Your Hibiscus is beautiful! I love the color! What a great way to start the morning! :D

Kiska, that is a great pic! (as always) Did you enjoy your "excursion"? (yep, I can ask some dumb questions!)

Dyson, Glad you found it Dark this morning! ;D Keep up the good spirits!

The daily trivia is....
How many tornadoes on average form in the United States each year?
a) 1500
b) 800
c) 500
d) 300

Gotta go....Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

(this is an early spring pic...I'll give an up-date this evening)

Thumbnail by music2keep
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

B.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Marylyn – Your heat will be ours in another day!
Kelli – Your native plants have certainly adjusted to the lack of rain. Your pictures are so pretty.
Joey – The color of your Astilbe is breath taking!
Kiska – Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I hope you took more gorgeous pictures! I can’t wait to see them!
Sidney – Beautifulu hibiscus. I quit trying to grow them as I killed every one I ever had. :(
Joey – I think A.
Well, one of my amaryllis’ has a bud. Surprise surprise! I have 5 chrysalis’ now on Lady Margaret.

75.7 °F / 24 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 61 °F / 16 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 2.7 mph / 4 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa(Rising)
Heat Index: 77 °F / 25 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 1000 ft / 304 m
Scattered Clouds 2600 ft / 792 m

Today
Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning... then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

A bloom on this baby. I need to post it on the cactus and succlents thread for an ID.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Well, I'm with Sharon on the trivia. I'd say even more tornados every year it seems to me.
I wonder if Dave and Trish know they have a daily trivia rival? LOL
Yes Joey I am really enjoying my NA music. I am making tapes as my auto CD player isn't the best. I also break into a rain dance any time the spirit moves me.
Today is also disease prevention day so I'm letting everything get thirsty.
Here it's 77.2 °F / 25.1 °C
Clear
Humidity: 44%
Dew Point: 54 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 3.1 mph / 4 km/h from the NE
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph / 13 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 79 °F / 26 °C
Can you believe this Harmony's Pink Chiffon jumped into my basket yesterday?
;)

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Kelli - I wish some pink chiffon would jump into my basket! It's amazing how plants sprout legs like that!

Sharon
As soon as I learn how to propigate this I'll give you some. LOL
I'm not near as far away as Kelli.
LOL
;)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

And I doubt it would grow as well as that here due to the lack of humidity. ;-) It is beautiful.

(Zone 3b)

51*F, sunny, (ssshhhh; thats 4 days in row)~~~no darkness now and things are growing so fast.
Sidney - yes, it's funny how plants can find their way to us - yesterday, at the greenhouse, sweet peas jumped into my basket:)))
Our trip was "tourist perfect"...we loved seeing the seals and sea otters with babies. They hang out in the midst of the ice floes just having a great time. The sea otters float on their back as the babies play on the bellies...pretty cute.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Aweeeeeeeeee,a sea otter baby,so cute !

Joey and Sharon,thanks,I was up because of so much heat...argh !I woke up to drink some water and I saw the moon...couldn't resist!LOL

Love the sunrise/set pics ! I have a lot too,but I can't post it now...my Yahoo pics service is out and they'll upload all my pics on another service soon.
I looked on one of my DG threads and found this sunset !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Adina it's so great to have you posting with us and a great sunset you have there.
Sidney

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sidney,same here ! I have one more for you !
Ooops,forgot to tell you we had a big rainstorm yesterday,with lots of thunders and lightnings...but today was still hot,same temps -100!!!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Sugar - your begonia pics are to die for. Especially that pink one. I never had too much luck with them.. Guess you really have to learn about how to frow them.

Beautiful day here. Temps in the 60's all day, cloudy overcast. Great for pictures.
Here is a species daylily H.fulva, rosea#2. The source of the cascade type daylilies.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

64°(F)
Overcast & getting Dark
Was sprinkling earlier, but not much accumulation.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Another near 90's day ......
We did have 10 drops of rain on the windshield yesterday... I counted them!
They are finally talking drought here in SW OH......
No real problems yet, but I'm not a Farmer.......

kiska.... I'd think you'd have seen enough Snow and Ice last Winter...? LOL!
BEAUTIFUL shots!

Ric

It got to 89* today. Small breeze if you were in the open. If you got into the woods where you would think it is cooler it was hotter. lol.

Here is another pic I took at the lake last week.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening!:D We had a "fall-like" day. Not much warmer than Se_eds. The high was a breezy 67*! I had a sweat shirt on until 2:00.

Adina, I don't envy the 100*! Way! too hot for me! Beautiful sunsets!
Kiska, 'Glad that your trip was great! That is one cute little critter.
Dyson, it's Dark here, too! :D You are so funny! "accumulation" ! :D
Se_eds, your lily is Gorgeous! I've never seen one like that! :D
Sidney, 'Glad you are enjoying the NA music, but I am really enjoying that Begonia! Wow!
Sharon! the birdbath is looking Great! not to mention the "succulent"! :D

Well...the answer to the trivia is....B - 800

Wanna hear somethin' funny?
DH was watching me plant a few flowers that I got at the local hot house (keep in mind he is a nut!) and all of a sudden he started doing what I thought looked like yoga! (Zen) then he looked at me & said, "Earth Mother, the mother of fishes & flowers". LOL!! The way he said it ~ we both laughed really hard! OK, I guess you just had to be there! :D

Here's is my "growing" wild grape vine.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Wild grape vine is everywhere here. In some places that is what's holding the fence up and in others it is a windbreak.

(Zone 3b)

9:30pm - sunny and 67*F...summer weather still holding - just wonderful.
Joey - love the comment DH made - pretty cute/apt, too. The grape is beautiful...Sure hope you can come see the glaciers/animals someday...you'll find that 67* is hot weather here; for some reason, it really is hot...maybe the same in Iceland for Rann as it's the same latitude.
Adina - we don't see the moon this time of year, nor sunsets, so really like seeing them. Hope your home is coming along well.
pepper23 - do you harvest wild grapes? The lake is just beautiful.
Ric - can't have too much ice or snow:)) Glad you got at least 10 drops of rain - we could sure use some.
Pouring from the Chugach Range into the glacial waters of Prince William Sound. DH at the camera...
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It is certainly beautiful kiska!
I just always though the cruises were more tourist draws......
Never thought the locals would be going...
Course looking at snow and ice in warm temps (for you....lol)
would I guess be a novelty!!

Another near 90 day here.... no rain forecast till at least Tues....
I'm guessing pop up T-Storms though...
Man this is August weather..........

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good MOrning! It's 62* and supposed to be a scorcher today, tomorrow, Monday... we're gonna get the rain around Wed.
Ric, what a prertty color Iris!
Kiska, I do plan on getting there! I think that "when" may be the question. ;), but for right now I thank you for giving me the tour! 67* is what I call "Perfect"! :D

Have a Great Day & Week end!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 3b)

10am - sunny again - and into the high 60's forecast....no darkness...
Joey - the photo is just great - the cherries are picture perfect. The "when" will work out in time :))
Ric - the "tours" are great for locals and visitors...unless you've access to a private boat, a big boat is what I'd want, then the tour boats are necessary. The train is just a wonderful way to see the scenic views, too. It's just so relaxing and the people you meet from all over, is great.
90*F - way hot; just gotta hand it to those that have to work in that heat.
Taken from the moving train - between cars, feeling the rush of air and feeling the sway and hearing the clickty/clack - wonderful...
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Thatis an awesome shot Kiska, I'll use it as my 'background' for a week or so.
Here it's;
85.3 °F / 29.6 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 22%
Dew Point: 43 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6 km/h from the ENE
Wind Gust: 9.6 mph / 15 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 82 °F / 28 °C
Working out side most of the day.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

The daylight is bright, but the sky is not that bright blu, more of a very bright gray.

77°(F)

(Zone 3b)

Thanks, sugarweed - glad you like it. It's south of Anchorage along Turnagain Arm. We're spending most of the day outdoors, too. So much to do and now with DH retired, much easier to keep up.
Dyson - bright gray is ok - certainly sounds better than the "Dyson Dark"..
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on June 16, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
86 °F / 30 °C
Clear
Humidity: 22%
Dew Point: 43 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 13 mph / 20 km/h / 5.7 m/s from the South

We went out hiking today to see the Humboldt lilies, but they have dried up without blooming. I didn't see any flowers of which I haven't already shown you pictures, but here is some kind of insect that I have never seen before. I guess it's a moth.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Here's some fall color.

poison oak

Thumbnail by Kelli

fuschia-flowering gooseberry

Thumbnail by Kelli

Around 90* today, no breeze til later in the day so it was very hot.

I don't know of anyone who harvests the wild grapes. They are mostly windbreaks along pastures and crop fields and they provide food for the birds and other wildlife. My grandma does use the vines though to make grapevine wreaths.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

backed down to 72°(F), as the sun has set and it is ____ .

LOL. What, you couldn't type it this time???

Ta Da,
It's Dyson Dark!!!
;)

(Zone 3b)

ah - all's well that ends well....Dyson Dark in other parts of the world...here, nice and bright with some dark threatening clouds coming up over the mts., hopefully there'll be rain..
Kelli - nice photos - even the poison oak looks good...
pepper23 - interesting that the grapes aren't harvested - but, to have a nice supply of vines for wreath making is good.
Boat trails in Prince William Sound.

Thumbnail by kiska
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi! It's a foggy 59* & predicted to get around 90*. The "scorch" is starting & way too soon. This is August weather.

Dyson, LOL!! "______." :D (When are you scheduled for surgery?)
Kiska, More Great tour pix! You know I love the water. :D Wow (Psst, those aren't cherries ~ they're a berry that grows on a wild shrub....birds won't touch 'em) My cherry trees are so tall that there isn't any way I can get to the cherries, unless they fall to the ground.
Sidney, such a busy person! Nothing like gardening! :D
Kelli, What a huge "moth"! Quite unique! It looks as if you have fall color there! Beautiful!

Well. gotta go feed the baby fish....and study somemore for a test.
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! I love your pictures, too, kiska. Kelli, is that fall color from this year or is that an older picture? I suppose the lack of water could be stressing the plants into doing all sorts of things early. I'm sorry the lilies didn't bloom.

I feel guilty talking about our weather. I promise we aren't TRYING to hog all of the rain! Actually, we'd really like it to go somewhere else where people would appreciate it more. The grass is getting really really high because it's too wet to mow. I don't mind so much in back - it's too wet for the bunnies to play on the swings right now anyway, to say nothing of the mosquitoes that would eat them alive - but the grass in the front strip is embarrassing! I need to get out and weed, too. But still.. We are very grateful to have to rain and we aren't complaining - much. ;-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (8 min ago)
Temperature 78 °F 26 °C
Dew Point 75 °F 24 °C
Humidity 90%
Pressure 29.96 in 1014.5 mb
Wind Speed 5 MPH 4 kts
Wind Dir E 90°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 7 mi 11.3 km
Heat Index 84 °F 29 °C
Current Conditions Few Clouds
Remarks 0.01" of precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 77.0°F / 25.0°C

Today Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Tonight Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Monday Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
Monday night Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday night Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then a 20 percent chance after midnight. Lows in the mid 70s.

etc, etc, etc............

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well we did Father's Day w/ Dad yesterday evening.
Before the heat hit I did a DEEP soaking of yard .... that lasted 3 hours.
If you haven't tried the newer Gilmour 8 style spray nozzles give them a try.
Everything from Stream, which will rip the paint off a car... to Mist.
Cone works great..... like a gentle soaking rain (which we haven't had in months).
After a high of 93 yesterday this morning the plants look like they've been in Seattle all Spring!

Our weather, like Joey's, is in August mode.
We're getting our patterns form the NE though which is unusual anytime of year here.
Until that breaks, maybe Tuesday, all the usual warm wet air from the Gulf is stuck down there w/ Marylyn..

The Iris was the last 'Black Gamecock' bloom .... time to pull them and divide....... 1/2 the little pond is now covered.... lol!

Off to do some Gardening and get some pictures taken!
Ric

Marylyn, the "fall" color is from this year. Everything isn't changing yet, just those two species I showed. The gooseberry might always turn at this time of year but I've never paid any attention before. Only the poison oak in drier situations is turning right now. The creek where we went yesterday was dried up. I have never seen it dried up before.

Here is a picture from Thursday.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.