Speaking of pink plants

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

hoping the geraniums will start blooming now....they were soooooo tired of being in 6" pots (LOL)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This doesn't look nice right now..........but will with time

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Just love foliage plants of any kind....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

waiting for babies to grow and start cascading over container

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Lots of houseplants in this one.............
cjolene...........when I remodeled this old farmhouse, all I cared about was a big screened in porch...

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Wow Gail!!! I LOVE your porch! I am trying to get my balcony set up too, but because they are renovating our apt buildings, they tell us to take everything in about every other week.

Karen

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Gail the pictures are great! You and Patty should go into business designing pots for peoples front porches or whatever! Make the big bucks. :)))) So many of those plants could only ever be houseplants for me! But as much as I dream of lovely outdoor plantings like you all do I have acclimated to the cooler temps we have and your hot hot summers would probably do me in :0) So I'll just look at your pictures and enjoy!

~Brenda

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This porch is cool all the time with the SE winds coming though with nothing to block the winds out here in the country. My sister-in-law came down at 4 yesterday afternoon and we sat on the porch for an hour just visiting...

Thanks for your "nice" comments....i used to have a container business in Houston for many years, but I bought what I wanted......
Here I am just trying to use the plants I had....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

talk about only houseplants here...

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

these are cuttings of begonias that Lin had sent me...........I had some moses in the cradle around

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am showing these to keep from doing what I need to right now!!!!!!!! (LOL)

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Croton 'Andrew' had to go somewhere...

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This is Turk's Cap.............should start blooming red like crazy if i will feed it!!!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This embarrassing to have so many pictures..............will come back later today as I am only halfway through........can't take up all of Dave's space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

I love any type of cane begonia (once again only as houseplants for me) and that whole selection of them is just beautiful. Lin must have a great variety of them!

Hey, the more pictures the better!!!

I took a picture of a NOID angel wing begonia yesterday that was growing in a hydroponics store I went into. It was growing in coir and it was just huge, really huge, coming out of a 10 inch pot! When I get back home and re size my pictures I'll send it. The man who runs the store saw me snapping pictures of it and I told him how amazed I was at it and he gave me a cutting!! Yea!

~Brenda

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am trying to collect cane begonias again....as I used to have a great collection years ago......I have new starts all over this house!!!!! The only big ones in big pots I have now are Sophie Cecile and Looking Glass.............it will probably take a year for all these babies to get big!!!!

Brenda you could easily grow this Bleeding Heart Vine in the summer outside........it loves cooler temps than we have!!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Just using up plants I already had

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Patty, my friend just brought lunch..........be back later

(Zone 1)

Great Photo's, Gail .... You and Patti did a wonderful job of planting all those containers! They are all Beautiful ... I figured I would have a favorite, but I love them all!

Hurry back and post some more pic's! Can't wait to see more!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I knew that Patty would make me work (LOL).......I had picked up some little plants to fill in some containers this weekend....the first thing she said was, "Are you going to let these sit in 4" pots as long as you let the others?".....

This is a tad embarrassing to post so many pictures, but here are some more I took when it was cloudy today....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Oxalis with Persian Shield....just planted today!!! Patty made me!!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Can you believe that the Kong coleus is this big.......

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

just a big english ivy.....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I love the water hose............my favorite part....(seriously).....I water them down first with the hose and then come back the next morning with fertilizer in a 2 gallon container while the soil is still damp.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Now we are starting on the back of the house...........this is that storage unit I had built for supplies.....using lots of vines for that porch and hanging baskets.....one tree hibiscus in the center.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I love my blooming cactus on the corner of the building...

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I want to train this jasmine on the back porch....it has such a wonderful fragrance as you enter the back of the house....lots more to do, but it is a beginning.........
thank you for enduring this long show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Zone 1)

Gail: Everything is really looking Super Pretty! You've got to stop calling that building a storage unit .... it's a Garden Shed! It is looking so pretty, I love what you are doing to it. You may be storing gardening stuff and other equipment in there, but I think it's so much more than a storage unit ...

and, I could never get tired of looking at your photo's ... keep em' coming!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

You are too nice, Lin.....................I am going to run outside and show you what you are missing by not having that orange esperanza.....these are growing in the ground on the fence line so they don't get watered except when it rains....

Not but a couple of blooms..............they get 20 ft. tall down here....

Thumbnail by gessiegail
(Zone 1)

Oh, I love it ... that Orange Flower is so pretty! But, I love my yellow one too! Wow! 20 feet tall??!! That is huge. I thought I might plant mine in the ground, but I am re-thinking that now ... I would rather keep them in containers where they will be easier to control!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I would if you don't really want another tree!!!! I can't promise when you will get it (LOL), but they are everywhere here...including the grocery stores!!!
I am buying a new camera tomorrow............Patty posted pics in the container gardening forum and her camera is a lot better than mine (LOL)

(Zone 1)

I love your pic's but I'm heading over to the container gardening forum to look at Patti's too!

Gail, those are all just beautiful! I wish I had your porch and so many plants! What is the plant in the back right of this picture, with the variegated foliage? It's lovely! http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3633150

(Zone 1)

hee hee ... I bet Amy is asking about the same plant I'm curious about! ..... Nope, here's the one I want to know about. It's the large variegated green/white leaf behind the coleus on the left:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3633211

Is it a variegated rubber plant?

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Amy, it is a crossandra (I think the spelling is correct)

Lin, yes that is a variegated rubber plant............we will just have to see if the houseplants make it mixed in with other things....

(Zone 1)

I have a couple of those variegated rubber plants and I think I'm going "steal" your idea and put in a container with other things ... it looks great! The houseplants should do just fine mixed in with other things ... your porch is a great location for your containers!

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

It is basically the same set up you have, Lin around your pool area....

Gail, you need to come to my house and help me fix up my patio to look as pretty as your porch! LOL I love that crossandra! Thanks for telling me! :o)

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

You need Patty more than you need me...........i can tell which plants look good together, but my back and neck have discs problems............patty , my good DG friend....phughes is her user name............did all the heavy work for me............

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.