3rd Annual So Cal RU May 17, 07, Part 3

Ramona, CA(Zone 9b)

wcgypsy, Well, I guess I WAS new when I got there! lol

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Yeah, no one is new after 5 minutes.......

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

Wll with my power chair I got around more and talked to a lot of people. However as I try reliving the day I find that I am confused at times. Oh well, it was certainly great.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Your a crack up George and your wife reminds me of me, she talked to me like we knew eachother for years. Sherry I talk to you so much I now have a face to go with the neat personality. Weegy too.

Anna you are a very nice woman and I enjoyed looking at your photos,

especially of your mom`s house and the snow pictures too.

Ramona, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi George, It was wonderful to meet you! Thanks SO much for the cactus. Can you tell me what it is called? It was the tall one with the large (1") spines.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Don't you think we look like a bunch of ninnies standing there when we think our photo is not being taken?! They're just so funny....I look at them over and over again. Ya done good, Anna!
Sherry

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ninnies??!?!!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Yes Louise...ninnies...!!!! You're a ninnie too !!! hee hee

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks Sherry, Weegy, Don,Pam, Dave and everyone else who came this year. I was so happy to see everyone. I already planted my irises Weegy so I am really excited to see them grow. It is my first adventure into irises.

For those who couldn't make it, here is a picture of the Cake. I originally posted them in the roundup pic forum.

This message was edited May 21, 2007 6:37 AM

Thumbnail by kanita
Crossville, TN

Hi ya'll.....arrived in Nashville Sunday evening, where I was met by my son and DIL (Tnmom)....then we met Elena and her DH, Al for dinner.

I enjoyed the company of a nice young man...turns out he is Joey, wtih the Grand Ol Opera group "Riders in the
sky".....he was a great seatmate. Made a long flight enjoyable.

As usual it was a wonderful party.....Pam and Don are the very best in the Host department....Donna and Louise....thanks for your part in the festivities also........Jo

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Jo, you always enjoy the company of nice young men! lol
I'll be sure and hunt for another 'extra' to bring next round-up.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I didn't do anything. Donna did all of it.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Don , pam and Donna are taking a week long nap, poor Dave is back screening our obnoxious posts.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

LOL, I bet he's really missed that. Terry good a good job when he was gone. I asked for a sticky post and immediately it was done.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

giggle. hey you saved me from having to leave real early. thanks again. I missed that wine though.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Will have it next time.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

I forgot who brought the salad . . . my bad. But I need to know what the dressing was as I am now craving it. I will be flying back to Iowa tomorrow morning and would like to make it for my husband. ???? Does anyone know?

You mean that taco salad? I would love to have the recipe. Sherry (wcgypsy) is down for "Fiesta Salad" - is that it?

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Fiesta Salad:

Vinaigrette:

1/2 c chopped shallots
1/4 c lime juice
1/4 c cilantro
1 T minced garlic
1/2 c oil

3 c red lettuce, sliced thinly
2 plum tomatoes
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 avocado
1/4 c frozen corn, thawed
1/4 c pepitas, toasted
1/4 c thinly sliced onion
1/2 c feta or queso anejo
1/2 c crumbled tortilla chips or blue tortilla chips
This was quadrupled for the amount in bowl Saturday and I also usually add more avocado

This message was edited May 21, 2007 10:26 PM

Thanks, Sherry!

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

that really was a marvelous salad Sherry and it was a topic of conversation long after the event had ended. What a treat!

thanks again for coming and sharing so generously,
don

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

My pleasure on each count. Actually, I didn't think I even saw you and Pam get a chance to eat.
Sherry

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

crap I missed it, I didn`t even remember seeing it. There was so much food. i can make it though now. gotta see the Bachelor off I go.

Hello - back in Arizona tonight. We really enjoyed the RU and it was a great success due to all the work that went into making it happen. Thanks to everyone for doing this.
I'm wondering what the heart shaped leaf plant in the small pots is. Everyone I asked didn't know who brought it. Thanks again. Harold & Ann

Ramona, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh yummy!!! Thanks Sherry!

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

AAAARrrrrrhhhhh (yawn).....sorry so late in putting my 2 cents in! After my 8 hour drive home yesterday I ate a little something then fell into bed! I slept 9 hours last night, and was STILL dingy at work today (something tells me that much of that dingyness is natural, but what the heck....)

Pam....Don....I am speechless....and after getting to know me.... you know how big something needs to be to cause that! Your party was incredible, I had the best time ever. It was wonderful to meet both of you, THE Dave and so many other lovely DG people. I have made new friends and look forward to this year at Daves even more than ever before. You two are the best. Thank you so very much for your hospitality and friendship. And Don, thanks for being cool about me playing with your pinecone cactus.....LOL.

I am still amazed at the kinds of craftsmanship I saw at the RU. Both Don's handywork and also the amazing work of others. I am humbled yet inspired.....

Love to all my old and new Dave's buddies! I'm off to bed for another 9 hour catnap! LOL

Karen

This message was edited May 21, 2007 10:03 PM

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

OOooooooo! The recipe for that salad! Thanks so much for bringing it and sharing the recipe!

As for the pinecone cactus.....here's what I did to them....

k

Thumbnail by Kachinagirl
Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya Kachinagirl,

The dressup game for the Tephrocactus is a kick! And we're all happy you made it home safe after that Saturday night laughing festival.....lol. I wonder how mucus mammbrane would have felt about the topic of all the laughter...lol.

We were all so glad you could spend some extra time with us and now you know I'm not just a bumbling idiot at Dave's. It happens at home too.....

good to see you've had some rest,
don

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

(too bad there were no mini guitars lying around.....I would have found a way to make it work......LOL) Aye yi yi yi!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Don you forgot to do the Mexican Hat dance, we were waiting for it after the good wine buzz kicked in. It was worth the 3 hour drive home in traffic to go to your beautiful Casa and your ayudantes are so very nice and helped me so much with all that lifting. Muchas Gracias por todo.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

de nada

Yes our ranch hands and other staff really are the best.

I don't dance with hats.......feather boas, now that's a different story.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

OK Don...you're REALLY scaring me now...feather boas????? !!!!!
Hay que lastima !

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya JD,

One must have props....

Give me a call as you've left a bunch of stuff here that I'm sure you'd like back. I won't tell anyone about the sequined evening gown....lol.

best to you amigo,
don

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

That gown was for YOU...I thought I made that clear enough....it came from Inertia's in Encino...

you have d mail

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

I just love that shop!

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

You guys are killing me......still!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Alright then next year all the guys dress like women, drag queen theme.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Thank-You for the recipe; will make it this week.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Arlene, can you d-mail me with the recipe?

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

gosh Arlene it was so busy I never really got a chance to interact with you but for a minute checking in. too much going on, it was nice to see you anyway.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.