Daily weather for MayII, PLAYTIME in the GARDEN!!!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

canchalagua

Thumbnail by Kelli

sapphire wool star

Thumbnail by Kelli
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks Kelli. Every one of those is new to me. Very nice to see them!
Deb

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Hmmmmmm..............The woolly bluecurls look like pussy willows on acid!

early_bloomer

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Early_Bloomer - LOL.

Kelli, you show us flowers we will never see in these parts. Thanks for posting them.

Well, another day of 90+ temps, light breeze, no rain. But we are not as bad off as the Georgia/South and North Carolina areas.

Tonight temps dropped to 82 deg. mostly cloudy, thunderstorm possibility - same for Friday, Sat. Sun. I hear thunder and an occasional flicker of heat lightening. The moon is rising, pale gold/orange. So I guess no rain tonight.

I bought a new hose reel. Figured if I have to use the hose every day, I'd make it easy on myself. Saves sorting out the kinks and knots.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

EB, I 2nd that LOL
Kelli, I do wish you had the zoom on one or two but enjoy them just the same.
Claire did you get that reel from QVC. They had one I thought about. I got a set of small and large ratcheting pruners from them.
I hope I like them.
Here it's
76.6 °F / 24.8 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 51 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h
Sidney

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

High 70s today and no rain. Mostly sunny. Very little breeze so it was a trifle warm. Tomorrow, thunderstoms possibly all day. Haven't heard the lastest yet so not sure.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Se_eds...I agree! LOL to E_B!
E_B it looks like cotton candy to me! OK it may resemble "pussy willow on acid"! :D
Kelli, thank you for sharing your nature walk with us! :D Any more? I love seeing new flowers! :-)
Kiska, Jack got his rest, alright. He stayed inside with DH for about 4 hours! If he stays out all night again...I'll need some ear muffs! :D
Se_eds we had the 90* stuff, too, BUT we got a really good thunder storm about 4:00 & the rain lasted for a good 3 hours! It was great! I Love to watch the lightening dance!:D

Well, you all... the answer to the trivia is C! YeaH! Ya got it right again!

Anybody need any maples, oaks, & cherry trees? They are coming up everywhere! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Thanks, I'm glad you all like the pictures. (I get as close as I can, but my camera won't focus from closer than about 18 inches. Even then it's kind of hit or miss. Some of these flowers are so small that the camera focuses on the background rather than the flower. I should get a different camera but I don't know where to even begin looking. Then there's always the issue of spending the money...) No more wildflowers today but we'll be out again in a few days.

Since I'm here, here's a picture from at home. This is a cactus that is growing through the porch roof trellis. There is a flower there. (The camera does have zoom for distant shots but you need a tripod or pictures are blurry. I don't have a tripod.) The flowers smell very good but 9 ft up is way above my nose.

Thumbnail by Kelli

from below

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 3b)

Kelli - thanks for showing such a variety of flowers on your walk. I'm really impressed though, with the cactus through the roof:))
m2Keep - glad you finally had some rain - and a bit of thunder/lightning, too..does it interfere w/work? hope you get a good night's sleep:))
pepper - as with Joey, do thunder/lightning storms stop work? It's not often it happens here, and when it does, it's quite the topic of conversation.
se_eds - sure sounds hot - the hose reel will come in very handy, I'm sure. Seems odd to hear that the moon is rising:)) bet it's pretty.
sugarweed - I think w/the time difference, it was 10pm there, and still in the high 70's? at least there were some gusty wind.
The gusting Knik wind was just starting to raise the glacial dust along the Knik river earlier today.
Sunset tonight: 11:19pm, 22hrs 36min light.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous photo Kiska :-)

Kelli - really enjoyed the wildflower photos and the tall cactus - Wow!

It got up to 65°F yesterday!! :-) Might not seem much to the rest of you but that's really, really warm by our standards - borderline heatwave! Unfortunately it got really windy in the afternoon and clouded up so it wasn't as glorious as it would have been otherwise - still a nice change to have a "warm" wind blowing around - not a common thing here ;-)
Today it's still windy and cloudy and 55°F. Sunrise was at 3:23 and sunset will be at 11:28.

Another photo from Monday night around 11 pm. The best time to photograph flowers is in the late evening when the light is "golden" - 11 was a bit late though - around 10 pm is best ;-) A primula x pubescens variety I don't know the name of.

Thumbnail by rannveig
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Storming out.

Kiska, rain doesn't stop everyone from working. But if it's bad they go inside to work til it clears.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Light, Overcast, Rained (thunderstorm) good last night.

Reporting Station: KROA
Dew Point: 61°
Relative Humidity: 84%
Wind: 20° (NNE) at 3mph
Gusts: 0mph
Visibility: 5mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 66°
Wind Chill: 66°
Pressure: 30.15in

66° (F)

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Whoa, Kelli! That must be one tall cactus.
Kiska: The dust must be annoying, but it sure makes for nice photos!

Overcast here, been running the sprinklers all day. At least with the cloud cover, the water has a chance to soak in.
There's an unsubstantiated rumor that we will get rain tomorrow. 60% chance.

This photo has nothing to do with weather, but nevertheless....
These awkward little guys came wobbling down our street from the pond this morning. Looks like the crested ducks had babes.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
(Zone 3b)

Rann - sounds much like here, but so far haven't been up in the 60's much. That comes in June - and, now that it's June, well, guess it's just a matter of time:)) The golden light is fantastic and I find it hard to explain or capture. But, don't you wish everyone could see it at sometime?
Deb - I just love seeing the "family" there; just heartwarming and brings a smile. Hope the rumor becomes a fact -
Dyson - glad you've had both light and rain.
Nearly noon- windy, overcast; 53*F.
Sunrise: 4:34 Sets: 11:21; 22hours51min daylight
The winds are having a detrimental effect on the marigolds along the deck rail. I'm finding blossoms on the decking, not good. Hopefully they will remain strong enough to keep growing.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy my friends,
Here's a brand new thread for you! http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/729629/ Please come on over and post there.
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.