Sick Of Leeches

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

westocast- AT 23 you don't really need a great job or financial stability--just enjoy it while you can. You're young AND cute! Go out and get girls and stuff, don't worry about kids, traders or anything else for that matter ( I traded with some very nice folks and ended up with awful plants and vice versa, life is everywhere). Now is the time for body shots and waking up in strange places-OK! :)

I joke all the time but REALLY I am too hot to put my picture in my profile-have enough stalkers already-lol!

(Zone 1)

This thread has been helpful. I have listed a fake plant under my have list and been able to write a short set of rules and explanations for things. I think this will help and I appreciate some of the feedback that gave me this idea.

Tropicana - I am a control freak who has never even been tipsy in my life so I don't think body shots are for me. I love to travel and have seen most of Western Europe and South East Asia though and I think thats the one thing I will continue to do in my youth. The thrill of exploring some jungle in Indonesia and a 12th century church in France appeals to me much more then sex, drugs and rock & roll. =P

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

West I'm scared to look at your pic incase i get depressed as you'll be younger than me! lol
You wanna try the sex drugs and rock and roll, then in a few years you will be so messed up you will think you went travelling anyway! hehehe

The thing about travelling is when your older you can do it in style and in 5 star hotels... much nicer!

Mike

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow, you're very well traveled and lucky to have had those experiences. I can no longer make any more comments cause everything I am thinking of saying (although I am cracking myself up hard) is going to get me into trouble with either you, someone else, or mike's wife-lol!

Have fun in the Indonesian jungle though! And travel as much as you can while you have the freedom :)

And for trading-I basically only list my wants (maybe one or two low-grade haves) and I'm just pretty upfront about what I'd like to happen. Overall almost all experiences have been good-but I am generally very laid back and let people know that I have no intentions of shorting them on plants, but life does occasionally happen and delay things. Most folks have no problems with this, and even when things go bad, I think it all evens out in the end.....:)

(Zone 1)

I like travelling more of the beaten path. Big hotels really dont amuse me as I am introverted and find them way too bright and way too big. Don't worry I am never ending up in Vegas. I need my legs for most of the travelling I do so I don't think it will work when/if I retire. This Abbey was so off the map in France but it was absolutely Gourgeous! Now in all honesty I would rather be exploring this then drinking myself silly. Also this thing was practically abandoned. It is a restored abbey owned by a wealthy French family. It is open for tours and has a vineyard. Only people I ran into were a young german couple and the caretaker. I absolutely love Southern France by the way.

I want to go to Machu Picchu next time I can afford a vacation. ( Time & Money ).

I guess with trading my main problem is I don't have a very good idea of my wants right now but do know my haves. I think I am happy with having my little bulletin posted in my list.

This message was edited May 21, 2007 10:03 AM

Thumbnail by westocast73
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

The only place I ever visited out of the country was Paradise Island, Bahamas. Would love to go back- This is inside the Atlantis hotel-part of their indoor aquarium

This message was edited May 21, 2007 2:20 PM

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

This is a favorite picture of Anne Bonny and Mary Read (famous women pirates)at the pirate museum in Nassau. I grew up on the coast and we love pirate stories.

Thumbnail by Tropicanna
(Zone 1)

I was fortunate enough to have been dragged around many places with my parents when younger which has made me very comfortable travelling to foreign places. Born in Australia and I grew up in Indonesia as my dad was a professor there for seven years. I quite like the country and still try to go back when I can ( Airline prices dont make it something affordable to do very often though). Europe I lived in for awhile in Holland and Germany and have enjoyed visiting most of Western Europe on several trips. Canada has become home though over the past 10 years.

I have never travelled to the Carribean or South America. In fact the furthest south I have been in the America's was probably Iowa. ( At least I think thats further south then Oregon ? ) I have driven most of the northern states though except the eastern seaboard. Only been as far east as Penn. The southern states as pathetic as it might sound kind of scare/overwhelm me. lol. Guess I am afraid I will run into too many Tropicana's =P

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

The beach outside our deck at the Riu.....ahhh...wanna go back sometime, lots of dancehall (kinda like sped-up reggae) music!

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

Seriously i do know what you mean about the travelling bit. We try and mix the 2 a little by booking nice hotels in none tourist areas, then book a car or whatever to just explore during the day.
I am still too young to sit on a beach all day!

Mike

Looks like this pic...

Thumbnail by mike_freck
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I don't want to really go anywhere colder than here-lol

Well, maybe a couple of places, but not for long-I could live in the Caribbean, though. It was a a lot more interesting and less cheesy than I expected. People are wonderful.

Vermont is pretty, as are the mtns. of Pennsylvania and New York, and I have had fun in some of the big cities up North, but I really love the South. You're right, westo-too many Tropicannas down here-lol

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Where is that, mike? I can hardly sit on the beach for longer than a minute or two-I love playing beach ganes and body-surfing, though!

I think that was Thailand... If you like it cold try this....
Thats ice behind me there... and i'm making it look warm... i was only out the heated car for a second.

Mike

Thumbnail by mike_freck
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

That is not you. That is some model picture you found.

Or what about ...... this glacier....

Thumbnail by mike_freck

Tropic... no need to be kind... the sun is in my eyes and really bright so thats why i'm screwing up my face.

Just so you know the second pic is my misses and not me... lol

Hey just found this one on my pc so you know its me... this is the beach in the first photo.. and shows the back of my head ! lol

Thumbnail by mike_freck
Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, yeah-minimize the photo of your wife, why don't you! lol

If that is actually you (which I still don't believe), then she must be quite something! Let her know I'm making my way to Lincoln-we'll arm wrestle for you!lol

If you want to arm wrestle with her ... can i set the rules? Which of course i can't post here... ha ha. By the way can you change nappies? If you beat up my wife then you have to change Juniors nappies, Cause i'm no modern man! lol

Can you cook and clean too?

The pic is the right size... she is only 2 inches tall.... you ever hear men talk about the "little lady"?

Seriously it was to give some scale to the size of the glacier ....... and show there not as icey white as you expect.

Mike

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

You melted the darn glacier and that's why she looks so small.-lol

I am perfectly capable of changing nappies, cooking, and cleaning. However, my true talent is in bringing out the "modern" in any man, (they are all capable of the above tasks, you know) by using means which I , of course, cannot describe here...haha.

OK-enough already, I think I might be getting a crush on you.

Sure you don't want some ginger-lol!

This thread has definettly changed. lol I keep checking the site rules to see if i'm breaking any... looks ok so far! lol

Ginger... well i was looking at mine earlier and i think i see growth so ... never say never.

Anyway... off to bed now.. work in the morning... a hard day of telling everyone else what to do. lol

Mike

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, there were more posts on this thread than any other on Int'l Trading recently--at least it was entertaining-lol. Sorry to turn every thread I come across into an OT chat. Take care everyone :)

Whats OT? (showing my iggnor whatsit now)

So tropic do we get to see you now? Ladies are much more photo genic anyway.

This is a bit like "you show me yours and i'll show you mine" lol

Mike

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OT= off topic.

No joking it really is hot today-having a new roof put on the house and the significant other doesn't want me out in the yard. Feel like I'm gonna suffocate in here.

The show me yours comment had me blushing a bit, which is hard to accomplish. Honestly, I don't post my pictures publicly cause I'm sure I'll tick someone off and their wife will come after me one day!lol

Ok your ugly... thats fine it takes all sorts to make the world go round... I'm joking...heheh

My little lady is far to independant to stay in if i asked. She helped bring me bricks when i was laying a patio she was 8 Months pregnant then. The night she gave birth we where unblocking the drains! heheh

Mike

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I show people pics in dmail just not "out on main street"

And if you saw these dudes out in my yard....all I can say is, mike, they would probably be checking out any woman-you might even be pretty enough....sorry, I joke around too much

Your baby must still be kinda young for to be affectionately speaking about pregnancy-it all becomes a blur after awhile.

Affection what....... I'm no modern man! lol

Hey they wouldn't be the first blokes to check me out. But i'm not a hair fan.

So come on ugly post your pic.... heheh... (just so everyone knows, i'm joking with the ugly comment)

Off to bed

Mike

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

mike-there is no chance of me ever posting a pic of myself on this forum. I would dmail you a pic, but I am not a stalker. LOL It has been established that you are using pictures of models anyway, so what difference does it make?

Alright, they are finally gone-I am so getting fresh air, even I can't take this heat!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

OK-couldn't help myself

Here's a pic of Tropicanna, see how pretty--the tall striped one!lol

not a hair fan?...hmmm...

Thumbnail by Tropicanna

I remember that canna being launched over here,,, there was loads of girls on the show stand dressed up in horrible clothing and orange dyed hair.... Still could fancy them.... NOT

That is not a model it is me! .. so please stop pulling my leg. lol

I have more pics of me but i'm not posting them here. I have one that shows my beer belly in all its glory! lol

Hair fan... i meant that blokes are far tooo hairy for my taste!

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Hmmm...never dyed my hair, but wear horrible clothes all the time.

What I really wanna see is the beer belly picture...you could dmail it I promise I wouldn't post it (you do know you can't edit pictures you have posted) or show anyone...really...lol

note to self, find picture of model.........snicker....

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Hope I haven't been a bad trader but all you folks have made my day. I needed some laughs and you all have given me a bucket full.

I was one of the greedy ones at one time because I was plantless almost. Now I have a yard full of stuff and lots of gourd seeds I can't seem to get to do right.

Thanks to every one for helping me become educated on plant life and friends and I will trade with anyone-

Tropiucanna I still want Ginger and will get out hosta next week as I have been working some 16 hour days. GRRRRR

Mike love your humor and the stuff I have goten from you

everyone have a great day.

Lavina

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Lavina Mae-I will definitely get your ginger packed up and sent off this weekend....have been wasting too much time being silly. Don't sweat your end, a lot of times I'd rather people receive my stuff before mailing theirs-I just feel more comfortable.....but it is getting awful hot. Perfect for gingers though.

Wow, I had the feeling there was a captive audience (the views seem to be way outweighing the replies on this this thread...hmmmm), all the more reason to NOT post pictures publicly. Every pic I have has a friend or family member, and I doubt they would be too appreciative, I do respect privacy....especially when it comes to beer bellies!lol

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

LOL I am so busy looking at flowers I never notice bellys.

Lavina

Haha So my beer belly has gone global! heheh

There was an ad campaign over here for trainers.. "bellies gonna get yah" lol

I'll dmail you the pic... but remember i have lost weight since then.

Why does everyone comment on my humour... Starting to think i'm odd now. heheh

Mike

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

You aren't odd (OK, that might be questionable, but still acceptable)--it's just that a sense of humor is rare and hard to find....

You don't have to downplay the beer belly, either-lol-they are more common than mosquitoes here.... I will say I was a bit more noticing of beer bellies today than in the past---lol

Hey its sent... lol.. I nearly sent one of me lying on the beach drinking a beer with just my shorts on.. But i have a silly look on my face. Dont you hate cameras some times... if you try to smile you end up looking like your a looney!

I am a looney but i don't want to look like one.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

......you tease.....lol

Just thinkin of your health!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.