Let's see your blooms!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

"The President" gets more lovely each day and has 5 large blooms open.

Wrong Picture, will try again

This message was edited May 23, 2007 8:30 PM

Thumbnail by se_eds
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is "The President" today

Thumbnail by se_eds
Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

I love everyone's clematis....................going to have to buy more.

Thumbnail by prettypeony
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

prettypeony, what a beautiful lavender bloom.

Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

Does anyone know the name of this clematis?

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Prettypeony, that is gorgeous! Hope someone can ID it so we can get one, too.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Here is my Etoile Rose

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

My first thought about Prettypeony's beauty was Fireworks, but comparing with my pictures from last year, I think it looks more like Dr Ruppel, especially in the center. But there are several with similar coloration and so many factors that could affect a picture, that I wouldn't say for sure that it was either.
The tepals on Prettypeony's look more rounded on the flower to the left than my Dr's do.

Marie in ME

Thumbnail by Eden_in_ME
South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

I got this one last year, and it was labeled Fireworks, don't know if it is or not.
It was at a reduced price to get rid of. So,....I bought it. : )
~Lucy

Thumbnail by BlueGlancer
Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

After looking in the plant files, I believe it must be a Dr. Ruppel.................that's what I've decided to call it.

Thumbnail by prettypeony
Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

Just took this last pic a few minutes ago and it measures 6 1/2" across. I have another clematis that is a bit smaller and might start to bloom in a few days. I think its a red one that I got at a plant swap. Can't wait to post it's pic.

Birmingham, IA(Zone 5a)

I have a Duranti on my list! It is just spectacular!!!!!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is what I think is 'Mrs Cholmondeley' but I really have no idea... It was a Mrs. somebody

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

And another really pretty white that I have no idea who it is...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is my 'Duchess of Edinburgh'

Thumbnail by Ticker
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

ooh I like your Mrs. Somebody - she's very regal!

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Ticker, I love your "Duchess". Mine has a bud and I'm patiently waiting for it to open.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

I did a search for blue clems with Mrs in the name on COTW and think Mrs P T James is yours. Altho the picture is a double, it says young plants have single flowers. And the funniest part is tha breeder is listed as Wayside Gardens.
Do they mean the company that sends you little plugs for big bucks?

http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=1117

Last year my year old Mrs Chum looked like this, much pinkier than your Mrs Whatever, and slightly nibbled on by the time she opened fully.

COTW has a pic of one as big as my Marie Boisselot.

http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=329

Whoever she is, she is lovely.

Marie in ME

Thumbnail by Eden_in_ME
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

No, It's not Mrs. PT James. I've had this clematis for probably 8 years and it's never bloomed double once. I think this is a common clematis that I probably picked up at K-mart or wallyworld or a small nursery. It doesn't look like a Mrs. Chomondeley, but I think that's who it came marked as.... Oh well, if I never figure it out that is ok, it's still pretty. :) Thanks for taking the time to look, though. ;)

Diann

Greenwich, OH

Ticker: Your Duchess of Edenburgh is gorgeous! I purchased mine at a greenhouse a couple of yrs.ago and the blooms looks different compared to yours.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you, my little Duchess is a happy little plant. I've had it for probably 10 or 12 years... I actually remember it's name... I wish I could remember the others. Brewster Rogerson was the one that helped me figure out who my Polish Spirit was. I kept thinking it was Prussian Prince or Polish Prince.... :) LOL He was/is a very nice man, very helpful.

Diann

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Negritianka which I love - but I misjudged. It blooms after the rose is really finished. Guess I'll just look at it as prolonging the bloom? :-)

Thumbnail by doss
Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Doss, your Negritianka is beautiful. Can't wait til mine blooms. Btw, I just had to have it after seeing another picture you posted of it awhile back. Lol, you are a good enabler. :)

Karen

Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

Agreed - whenever I see doss's pictures I think oh, that one is a must-have! Your clems are really beautiful.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks, I really enjoy them. People don't use them much here unless they are really gardeners. I think that they are too much trouble.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

I have three clematis blooming new, and I have no idea who any of them are, but I'll keep them anyway. ;) Here's the first... Please excuse the pictures, it was getting a bit dark to be doing this...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is a close up of it..

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Next....

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

A close up of it...

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

And finally this..

Thumbnail by Ticker
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Here is a wider shot of it.... So, if anybody knows who these lost children are, please let me know. :)

Thumbnail by Ticker
Livermore, CA(Zone 9b)

love the blue, doesn't even look real!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

How lovely they all are!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow, Ticker, the first one has a ton of unopened buds, that one will fill out beautifully.

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Blue Angel...I love this one! For such a young plant it is covered with buds and blooms from top to bottom.

Thumbnail by rosethyme
Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's Ruutel which started out as this itsy, bitty thing from Wayside in the fall of 05. Sent up about three stems this year. Next year it should really be lovely.

Thumbnail by beaker_ch

Princess Diana from Silver Star has really taken off. I have thos planted with Charles and on the other side of Charles is a species Texensis that looks alot like Diana. The species hasn't take off like DIana did.

Here's Diana:

Thumbnail by beaker_ch

One of my original, Nelly Moser has been blooming merrily away. Here it is with L LA Madrid.

Thumbnail by beaker_ch
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi beaker_ch: Verynice photos. on your post #3597835, Which one is the beautiful rose bell shaped flower?

Is this variety hard to grow, or just for warmer zones or anything? I don't have any of this kind, Most of mine are the larger types.

Princess Diana is a Texensis cross and is doing well here. As I mentioned above I also have the species texensis and that is also doing well. I seem to remember that some of the texensis require warmer winters than what I have, but these two seem to be surviving. They are in the group 3 pruning group which means you just cut them back to about a foot each spring.

I got Diana from Silver Star and it took right off. As a new plant last year, I even had a few flowers. I would say it's just as easy as any of the others. I haven't seen any wilt or anything. I have mine in full sun, but it is suppose to be able to take part shade.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.