Setting a date for the spring swap

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks, Bobbie. I need all the help I can get keeping organized. LOL

Bec, I have a huge yard here, probably close to 1.5 or 2 acres. I can't imagine Ruby and the other smokers (like me, darn it) will have to go hide in their cars. LOL

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

hart, have been following along and still not sure if I can make it or not. I'd love to, but our Open House is the weekend before and we just found out we're having guests over the weekend of the 15th so I'll be playing catch up and then getting ready for our guests. Really hate to miss it but after being gone every weekend since the first of April it will be nice to stay home for a change. If there's any way possible I can get away I'll just pop in for a quick visit - no lunch, etc.

Debbie

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Debbie: I hope you can come -- it'd be great to meet you. I'm really regrettful that I didn't make it to the Green Springs sale this year, but it just wasn't in the stars.

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Debbie, I hope you can come too. I was lucky enough to meet you at a plant sale when you weren't too busy to chat, but I know others weren't so fortunate because things were so hectic for you. And I know those who haven't met you yet would love to.

Hart, I think you're doing an incredible job of organizing things. It's a challenge for sure and one we all appreciate.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Amen!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh my - Hart - now I do have size envy! DH & I are laying some sod this weekend, and we are literally buying 20 sq. yards! LOL That will take care of what is not flowers in the back! :)
And I must chime in - yes, you are doing a great job of organizing this! Thanks again - I can't wait to meet you and everyone else, and glad I/we don't have to hide in my/our car/s, puffing away! :) I have been out to your neck of the woods and it surely is beautiful there!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Bec, I know exactly what you mean. I gardened in a townhouse for many years before I moved here. We had a miniscule front yard, I think I used one roll of sod to resod it one time, but I did have a very long back yard, much bigger than most townhouses today.

It's nice to have all this space and I keep making flower beds bigger and adding new ones. Now if I could just get some decent soil. LOL

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone too. Debbie, I sure to hope you can stop by. We're going to have so much fun.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Personally, I would be very, very broke if I had that much land...ya know I'd want to "fill" it!! LOL As it is now...I look at my crazy C & S and scented plant filled yard and wonder...if I ever moved...OMG!!! I most certainly would dig everything up...LOL Can't wait to see YOUR yard, Diane!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Right now my flower beds are a mess because I haven't had time to do my usual battle against the weeds from hell while working on this chicken fence.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I keep forgetting about your new babies...if we're good and wash our hands well might we take a peek at them?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Trust me, we are coming to do a flower bed inspection. If you all saw my gardens, you would blanch (although I have been making inroads this year). We just want to meet you and everyone else coming, and have a good time.

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

So are we still thinking about starting up the action around 10:30? I am not sure I will stay all the way until 5:00, but we shall see. It is not very likely that I will have any kids with me. BTW, are there any other male gardeners coming?

- Brent

This message was edited May 24, 2007 10:33 PM

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I don't think my spouse is coming, because it is still soccer season and he'd rather watch my kids (or anyone else for that matter) play soccer than do anything in the world.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I know some husbands are coming Brent. So you won't be the only rooster at a hen party.

I think 10:30 to 5 sounds good. Give you all time to get up here without having to hurry, plenty of time to get home without driving country roads in the dark.

Crozet, VA

Yes indeed, this is definitely one of the highlights in 2007 for me. I am looking forward to meeting all of you who helps to brighten my days. See you there.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.