Garden Whimsy Exchange Discussion and Questions Part 2 : )

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Nan and Melissa,I running behind..LOL..Your whimsys went out in todays mail priority.You should have them in a few days ; )

Nancy

(Zone 1)

Makshi: You posted a question on the Sign Up Thread .... since your name is under mine, you will be getting a little Whimsy from me! I hope you meant to sign up again!

Lin

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

LOL a ta girl Lin!! This has sure been alot of fun....I am still debating whether to sign up again myself : ))

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Susan51, I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you, life is just getting in the way, it will go out this week tho :o)

Connie

(Zone 1)

Nancy: I think we should all keep signing up until the deadline when this exchange closes on April 1st .... It has been so much fun! Still 5 more days to go ... RACE YA TO THE FINISH! :)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Yes Lin I like that idea..racing to the finish..LOL..I hope everyone keeps on signing up right up to the deadline. : )).

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hello,
First Connie dont you worry about it... I of all people know how life gets in the way....
Diane and Nancy I sent yours out yesterday... Hope you both like what I sent... I also went to store today and picked up something else so I am going to sign up again.... so here I go.... This is so much fun...
Susan

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Holly- you're funny! i 'got' what you said earlier about trying to get the bugs off before packing the cuttings, ha ha ha!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally I was just out checking the Dogwoods you sent me, They aren't quite dead but everyone has been bitten off by something with very sharp teeth. Not chewed or pulled out of the ground but a sharply angled cut. If I didn't know better I would say someone took a knife to them. Must be the Bunnies maybe a Ground Hog. I have them planted all around they aren't even in just one area. I think a couple of them would have buds because where they were bitten off there is new growth. I still have hopes that some of them will make it. Holly

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I received the neatest whimsy from RubyW on Saturday.I thought I posted it on here but I must not have hit enter because I can't find it : ( Anyway Thank You Ruby!! I just Love It! Ruby sent me the neatest "Real flower blank card" What is really neat about it is that I am really into flower pressing so this is absolutely right up my alley!! Thanks Ruby : ))
Nancy

Thumbnail by cedarnest
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hello,
Ruby I have your present and will send on Friday ok? Hope you like it.... Has anyone else gotten my things yet? I have to go get the conformation numbers and see... :-)
Susan

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Duh me I just sent out two on the 26th what do I think the mail has wings...

Susan

Red Oak, NC(Zone 7b)

I received my whimsies from flowerlou today! Take a peek... I just love them! The egg dish is going on my dining room table. I really love the thermometer and who doesn't need a pad for writing lists. Thanks, flowerlou!

Melissa

Thumbnail by achoogardner
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Susan,the mail must have had wings..LOL..your whimsys flew in today already.Look at the adorable whimsy Susan sent.Its a frog sitting in an innertube and looks like hes floating down a stream.LOL How cute it is!! Hes already sitting outside in my flowerbed for everyone to admire.Thanks Susan.I just Love it : )) Also Susan sent a cutting! You didn't need to do that! Oh but I love it..hee hee. The cutting is donkeys tail. I can't wait to get this potted up.Thanks so much Susan : ))
Nancy

Edited to add.The other cutting in pic was from a different swap.I opened too many boxes at once and put it in the pic by mistake.Old age and too much excitement is a bad combination with me LOL But the donkey tail is just "Perfect" Thanks Susan : ))

This message was edited Mar 28, 2007 4:05 PM

Thumbnail by cedarnest
(Zone 1)

That is sooo cute Nancy! Love that Froggy! And, Nice Epi cutting too ... Ok Susan, what color is the flower on that Epi? I have a couple of Epi's I got in trade a few months back and can't wait for them to bloom to see what color they are!

Lin

Crozet, VA

Hi Susan - I am looking forward to receiving a whimsy from a fellow Virginian. I need to go and check and see if anyone has signed up again under my name that I added earlier today. I kind of lost track for a few days and didn't get my name on the list until now.

I will say it one more time. This exchange business sure is fun.

Ruby

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Ruby,
I am sending yours out on Friday so maybe yours will fly in on Monday.. Yours is also to cute...LOL
Susan

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Finally got around to taking a picture of of Gale sent :o)
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Mary THANK YOU, Lord knows I needed a kneeling pad and I loved the Egg and oh you can't have to many garden gloves :o)

Thanks So Much,

Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
(Zone 1)

Makshi/Diane .... Yours will go out in the mail tomorrow!

Lin

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Love that tubin' frog!

Everyone has sent/received *great* gifts!

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Nan,
My hubby just got home from work and brought the mail and guess what??? Yup your beautiful things were in the mail... Nan sent me a very cute planter shoe and also a dog plant spike.. .Now Nan how did you know two of my dogs are black and white HUH? I have a pit bull and a dalmation ...LOLOLOL
Ok here is a picture of them....
Thank you so much Nan... It is very hard to find plant spikes here in Danville. When I do see they are a little diffrent then your as ours hang on the pot. We have seen once here and never again.. oh well thank you I will love it always...
Susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Wow when I first looked it seemed like her head was cut off :-( ok here is the second view... Mommy bird feeding her babies...LOL to cute..
Susan

Thumbnail by TurtleChi
SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Lol!!
Wow...I didn't know you had b/w dogs! I'm happy to hear that! How appropriate!
(Isn't it wonderfully 'odd' how many of our purchased 'whimsies' are matching the likes/collections of our recipients?)

Thanks for thanking me - hope you enjoy.

(Zone 1)

That is sooo cute! Love the Black & White Dog Stake and Love the Shoe too! I have a Shoe Planter, but it is very plain .... Love those birdies on that Shoe!

Lin

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Thank you Susan 51 for the really cute Frog garden decoration. When it stops raining I think she will have to go in the garden.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I believe it was Nancy that started this swap and I want to say I have had more fun then I ever thought I could...
Diane, you are more then welcome for your frog... Now ladies not all frogs are alike...LOL
Nan yes I noticed how we seem to have feeling of what people like... I love the things you sent... I have to find just the right plant for the dog and I have a few smaller and I mean small donkey tails that are just about rooting so I am going to put that in the shoe... :-)
susan

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I am sorry for so many post but I forgot to ask in the last one... This may not be from this forum for I am brain dead, but is there a person who has a sister who would like something also?? I really dont know how to word what I am trying to say.. The sister is disabled? If this is the right site could you please let me know I would love to send something to make her day sunny :-) I think we all need that at times...
Hugs,
Susan

(Zone 1)

Susan: It's Snboyken/Sharon who some of us have shared with her Dear Sister also!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

RubyW--Your Whimsey is on its way. I mailed it Monday, so you should receive it tomorrow. I hope you like it. Lou

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I got my gift from achoogardener/Melissa today. It is a windchime and very beautiful in both looks and sound. I would post pics but am having computer/pic download problems.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I am so happy to hear everyone is having fun and are pleased how the exchange has gone this month.Big special "thank you" to Holly...for last months fabulous rooting jar exchange she sponsored..this exchange was made possible because of her ideas and the huge success of that one : ))
I agree everyone has been sending and receiving some wonderful whimsys.I almost hate for the fun to come to an end.: (
The last day to add your name to the exchange list is April 1st..after that I will post it Closed so everybody hustle on over there and sign up for some more fun : )
Please remember to have all of your whimsys sent to whoever posts below your name by April 7th.Don't want to see anyone miss out.

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you for telling me the name of the person ... I will dmail her now to see what type of stuff she likes...
Susan
PS Is there a limit to how many times we can sign up?

(Zone 1)

Susan: I don't think there's a limit at all ... I've signed up 5 times already! We have til April 1st when Nancy will then mark the exchange Closed! And, we are supposed to have all our Whimsy's mailed out by April 7th! So ..... Go for it Girl .... Sign Up again and again!

Lin

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Cool Beans.... Here I go again... I just dont want to send to the same people... They might get tired of me...LOL
Susan

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

LOL Lin is correct Susan : )) Yes sign up as many times as you like.Thats why I started this exchange..so we all could have lots and lots of fun sharing with our friends!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I could never get tired of you Susan : ))

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Now I will have to go to the store again :-) I dont have anything for this person who ever it is that signs up under me...LOL I want you all to know that I am not a shopper and I really mean this ... I have been to the store more times since joining Daves that the people at Wal-Mart even know me now and I hate to shop at our local wally world.... So guess it back to Lowes to see what they have now...LOLOL....
Thanks Nancy this has been so much fun for me...
Susan

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Nancy you are making me blush... THANK YOU... :-)
Susan

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Well I hope some one else signs up below you before 10 tonight or I am going to sign up again!LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.