Garden Whimsy Exchange Discussion and Questions Part 2 : )

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

**OK..THIS THREAD IS LOADING WAYYY TOO SLOW SO I AM STARTING A NEW THREAD TO CONTINUE OUR FUN DISCUSSION AND PICS.PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD ANYMORE:))**.THE LINK TO Part 3 is..

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/707382/

Welcome To Part 2 Of Garden Whimsy Exchange Discussion and Questions The other thread was getting really slow for some on Dial Up so we thought it was time to start a new thread to continue the discussion and questions about our Garden Whimsy Exchange.We came from here..
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/700094/

To Join In On The Fun And Add Your Name To The Exchange Go Here:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/700583/

Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Garden Whimsy Exchange : )

Nancy

This message was edited Mar 17, 2007 12:26 AM

This message was edited Mar 30, 2007 7:50 AM

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Kaykay1010.. your Whimsy will be heading your way on Monday .I will come back to this post and add the comfirmation # as soon as it is on the way : ))

Nancy

Edited to add..Its on its way.Hope you like : ) # 0103 8555 7498 7819 9704

This message was edited Mar 19, 2007 11:25 AM

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

blue_eyes/Kim....,your Whimsy will be heading your way on Monday .I will come back to this post and add the comfirmation # as soon as it is on the way : )) This is soo much fun : )

Nancy

Edited to Add..Its on its way..Hope you enjoy : ) #0103 8555 7499 9407 3025

This message was edited Mar 19, 2007 11:26 AM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

All of the ones I have to send out will go out Monday. Getting 2 of them ready today and the 3rd one will be ready tomorrow. Have to pick it up. lol

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I thought these were to be trinkets. People are talking about sending boxes. I think my people will be disappointed. Someone let me know how much these things were to cost.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Makshi,When I put "box" in my above posts I did that because its sent in a box not because its a whole box of things.Heavens No....I sure hope thats not what people are thinking.You are correct..these are to be trinkets. I hope too no one will be disappointed because anything I send is far from being worth a fortune.LOL I will go edit my above posts to remove the word box so nobody gets the wrong impression.This is just supposed to be a Fun Whimsy Exchange Between Friends : )
Hope Everyone Has Fun With It : )
Nancy

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Y'all, this is so much fun, I went shopping yesterday and found some goodies, unique and cute to send as my whimsies, so I will be sending out my three so far Monday, today I did not make the postoffice in time, but that just gives me more time to search for those whimsies!!!! Everyone loves my bird Lin, thanks again----have a wonderful day all and hope the weather clears up for all of you up north, how bad we had it Wednesday with flooding and hail an tornadoes, but y'all are getting snow and ice and flooding!!! Ugh----keep safe and warm!!!
Ruby B---rose_petalzz in Texas

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Pepsidrinker,
Your package is on the way.
confirm # 0306 3030 0002 4985 3842
Missg/Gale

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Cedar, I got mine yesterday and was so tickled. It was the cutest frog and also a frog plant pal and some really cute note cards. Thank you so much.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

You are welcome Makshi : ) Glad you liked them.This is so much fun : ))

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I received 2 so far, the bunny from Lin, (really adorable :o) and the welcome clock hanger and bird house from Nancy,

Thank you both so much for the adorable garden toys :o)

Nancy, I have my eye on a trellis w/bench (all in one) and if DH buys it, I am going to hang the welcome sign on it. it is perfect for it.

Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Crozet, VA

Awwww......aren't bunnies the cutest things?

It sounds like everyone is having a good time so far. I added my name for the second time yesterday. Thankfully there has been someone to list their name below mine. Yippie, I get to mail out another item today. I tried stirring up some interest yesterday by telling about the exchange on a couple of other forums that I frequent.

I wanted to wish everyone a good week coming up. I once again have a very busy week. As soon as I am finished getting my computer fix this morning, I plan to start some seeds inside and put under a grow-lite. The only things that I have planted for the year is 3 begonias. I only had these because they came in the mail the other day from a Nursery that was reimbursing me for begonias that died/rotted last year.

I have 10 packets of seed out on kitchen counter waiting for me and can't wait to get started. I need to purchase another grow light today if I go out because the one that I have is not going to be long enough to cover all the pots that I am starting.

I have been waiting to play in the dirt for a long time. My husband is in the process of building a soap stone walkway in front of my largest flower bed and that will cut back on the amount of gardening that I will be doing this year. I don't believe that he will have it done before planting season, because it is slow arduous work. It is going to be really great when completed though.

Anyway, Happy Exchanging.

Ruby

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I was blessed today!
I received my packages from Sally and Colie.

A wonderful tall/narrow(about 4" high and 2.5" wide) terracotta pot (in a great size that I could honestly use about 20 more of, lol!) with an aloe start tucked within and a sweet bird pot-perch.
I haven't had an aloe vera in years, and my DH always quizzes me as to why (no room for one in the winter) so that we could use it for burns. With spring coming, I'll grow this one on my sunporch.
Thanks, Sally!!

A 'Seeded Flower mat for a Container Garden', containing White impatiens and rainbow coleus seeds (I saw the one above and thought it was soooo cool!) from Colie.
This is so unique and easy....can't wait to get home and get it going!

I apologize that I just haven't had time to 'play' with my camera and I have many, many other photos of children's party we had for our church that I haven't even had time to upload into my computer yet, so I haven't taken photos, but will try to do so tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks, you two, I love both my gifts, and I so appreciate them!

My 2 packages are going out today. (Ü)

Crozet, VA

How fun Nan. You really do sound excited. I used several of the seeded mats last summer and was very pleased with them. The impatiens and coleus together sound lovely.

I mailed off two packages today. I hope they arrive safely.

i actually bought a few little things at dollar store while out earlier today, to use for the exchange. What fun, what fun!!

Ruby

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Gee, Nan , what a nice comment. So glad you like the pot and humble little aloe! The pot came from a craft store, and the aloe was the one thing I have that I am sure will do well, as that pot will probably be a dry environment. I have a tiny aloe in clay on the little shelf back of the stove, where it gets light all day. It's a piece of one I had in an outside pot that was a large clump. The bird is a 'Baltimore' oriole.- bit of "Marylandica" Enjoy!

I sent off all three of the packages today. You should be recieving them within a few days.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Kelly and Holly, yours went out this morning priority...should be there on Wednesday or Thursday.
gail
Lin, you won't be getting yours this week i don't think....

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The packages are starting to fly, and such nice things are being delivered. I'm still running behind but I will get it together soon. Spent the day in the Hospital with Ric. He has a nasty infection in his finger, this is his 3rd set of antibiotics and he's to go back on Thursday to see a surgeon and have it opened. Tonight I planted my Asters and re-potted some of my Pansies. Yesterday I got my house plants all washed and groomed. Now all I have to do is finish the Bassinet Skirt I'm making for my daughter, from what the Dr. told her today I better have it done before next week. Holly

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

BTW...I sent out my 3 packages yesterday.

(Zone 1)

Buttoneer/Judy: I sent your Whimsy out this morning Priority Mail ... You should receive it either Thursday or Friday!

Lin

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll hopefully be getting mine out tomorrow.

Thanks! Kim

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hello,
Ok Blue_eyes "Kim" and also Dispatcher1 "Lou" Your things are on there way... I am sorry but as always I forgot to put who from so its ME :-)
Susan

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Susan...I noticed something since I just came from the other thread.....I had already sent something to Kim just yesterday, as her name was below mine and there isn't a name below yours yet.....
Did you send to her by mistake? (Ü)
Or am I reading things wrong? (wouldn't surprise me!)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

hmmm..I just went and checked the other thread too Nan.If thats the case Susan and you did send to Kim/blue_eyes by mistake..no worries.. I can just go slip Kims name under yours on the other thread again and then I will put my name under Kims,but I will make sure to let Kim know she doesn't need to send to me.Then it will be all squared and someone can go ahead then and sign up under me again so I can send more : )).Does that make sense?
Nancy

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I think I understand....I was mailing to three people so am I still? I believe I am to be mailing to Buttoneer, Susan51, and flowerlou. Whatever woks best....i just want to be able to mail these out tomorrow.

Kim

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Yes you are correct Kim.Those 3 are who you are mailing to.Do you want me to go ahead and put your name under Susans or do you just want to do it?Then I will put my name under yours but you do not need to send to me.Its just to even it out.
Nancy

Edited to say.I will just go ahead and add your name for you Kim under Susans. : ))

This message was edited Mar 20, 2007 3:41 PM

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

ha ha ha ha You got me again Nancy *grinning* :o)

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Hee Hee.....I can handle that Connie : )) I will get it in tomorrows mail ..I tell ya I am having too much fun !!

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Nancy.....totally got it now!

:) Kim

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I've been shopping.............I may need to sign up again, there were soooo many cute things.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm on a roll. Colie, Your box will be in tomorrows mail. I forgot to include a note to you. I sent a few of my OSP routing's. Please let me know how everything arrived.
One down and more to come, on to the next exchange...... Holly

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, I really hope you like your Garden Whimsey, I thought they were adorable and fun. Hope you think so too. For some reason as soon as I decided on them I knew I would send them to you. I also included a few of my OSP rooting. I washed them very good but there might be a few bugs in the box so be careful when you open it. Holly

BTW nobody else needs to worry about Bugs in their boxes. Only Sally

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Holly,I don't think Sally will mind a few itty bitty bugs.LOL I know I wouldn't if I was lucky enought to receive some of those rootings : ) Well Holly did you get that Bassinet Skirt finished yet?Sounds like by this time next week we will be calling you Grandma Holly.That has such a nice sound to it doesn't it?I am so happy and excited for you!
Nancy

Connie sent me a kitchen towel with birdhouses and planters with plants on it and a messenger to help promote good plant growth. I love them!!! Thanks Connie!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Another one down, Lin your special package is coming, it will be in tomorrows mail, too. Sorry no plants for you.
Nancy, Tomorrow is one of my days off so I'm going to try and get most of it finished by then. I need some kind of extra for it and I may have to go shopping to find it. It's a very old bassinet. I got it used in 1970 and have used it for all 4 of my children and my grandson next will be used for Jen's baby. She will be my second grandchild and if the Dr's are right the first Granddaughter. Lily Ann

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hello,
I am sorry for rushing and not reading correctly! Also for posting in the wrong place....
Ok Nancy since your name is under mine now I will send you something now... :-)
Oh I have never been shopping so much in my life as I have been here lately...
Ok off to the store...
Hugs,
Susan

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Holly,Lily Ann what an adorable name.Now that you mentioned it I do remember reading that this would be your 2nd grandchild.I am still waiting for my 1st.DD is in no hurry : (

Susan,LOL..thats ok,we know how confusing all the different threads can be,you found the right place now : )

I am hoping others will sign up for some more fun too.Everyone has until April 1st to add their name to the list : )

Have a Great Night Everyone : ))
Nancy

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Lol cedarnest.....I think my parents are starting to feel the same way about me....approaching the big '3-0' and still no husband or children in sight. Not that I don't want either, but it's pretty hard when in grad school. I'm glad they are patient....

:) Kim

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey Kim, I have a very nice and very attractive son, 31 and still single............LOL
His twin sister is the one that is pregnant right now.

This message was edited Mar 21, 2007 8:43 AM

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Holly you beat me to it! LOL Kim.... I also have a very nice and very attractive son whos still single and hes 29 . : )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.