Show us your baby pictures!

Eureka, CA

The plant stand/nursery ~ taking the picture at the time of day I did, the lights block out the ability to see the very top shelf. It has African Violets on it right now, as does the bottom shelf. DH made the stand so I could vary the hanging length of the lights (and he painted the white shop light fixture green to match the shelf.)

Thumbnail by sannajane
Eureka, CA

And life emerges.... a couple of the Lunaria seedlings.

Sanna

Thumbnail by sannajane
NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

My baby pumpkin comes from a filed and then potted seed. I am practicing for new grower training meetings.

Thumbnail by docgipe

Potted and four days later from an 80 degree germination box.

Thumbnail by docgipe

If they were going into the patch they would be under lights for about four days until the first true leaf appears. At that point they go out to a temporary small greenhouse in the patch.

Thumbnail by docgipe
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

wow....nice seedlings. I am curious as to what you are calling a germination box?

My germination box is a 52 quart camping cooler that sits on a regular household type heating pad. I bought my heating pad and the cooler both at yard sales for just about nothing. The cooler was beat up a bit but worked just fine for five dollars. The heating pad showed up for a dollar the following week. On the lowest heating pad setting I can get 80 degrees inside the cooler. That works great for me.

The pix is my germination box.

Thumbnail by docgipe

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.