Hoodie-Hoo day again

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Yep. i loved that place. I wish my kids could go. It does look scary. i have been doing yard work all day and My back won`t straighten out now. Raining the next two days, today is like 68 deg. and tomorrow is supposed to be 38, it is so wierd here, my roses are going into shock, start to bud then freeze the buds.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

sorry!! i forgot to bump or post this!

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

LOL...can't believe its here already!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

well its one day closer to SPRING!!! :p

Thumbnail by notmartha
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Alright Dori, it must be so exciting to see this after the Winter you have had this year.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

I have mentioned before that we have had a red winged blackbird stay all year this year. The birds are singing. We even saw a robin. And there were some swans migrating through. I didn't see what kind, but when they flew off the little strip of water they were honking, kind of like a goose, but were NOT snow geese. Mute swans that we have stay here, of course only whine or make little noise.

Last night raccoons were wandering around, and a possum was eating under the bird feeder. (yes, they are out in the winter, but very seldom)

So to make a short story long...I say spring is coming! The animals can't be wrong?

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

yesterday was so great and now we are supposed to get more snow tonight yukk but spring is close saw my first Robbin on Friday Now if the stray deer would just stay in the woods where they belong and not in my yard ;0( I'd be sooo happy I'v never had to deal with them be for hope you all have a great day
Gloria

Kalamazoo, MI

We've heard robins down here too!

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

ok I Don't think we yelled loud enough....it's on it's way again ;( 4-8 in. YIKES

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Well, I figure snow is a sign of spring too. We usually get the heaviest snows in the spring. (how is that for being optimistic?)

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Don't think of it as snow....Think of it as really cold, white rain...

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

thats alot better than me LOL ....great attitude! ;)

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

and boy-O-boy it's a raining...yuck! I'll be out getting some exercise shortly :)

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

We didnt get as much rain over here as they predicted. Good sign of spring though: saw a skunk that got hit in the middle of the road...last time I checked, they hybernate...I think its coming sooner than we think.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2010 11:05 AM

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes, we found a skunk too, under my cabin in the woods.

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Oh, that stinks...

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Ha! ^_^

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

lol lol

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Good one!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Gosh, how much worse is this than the normal Winter guys? It has been many years since I lived in Ohio to remember the Winters. I never remember much snow.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

This past winter has been the mildest winter I can ever remember. Not much snow and lots of days over 32°

Ohio and Va. have had our share of snow and cold.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

That is so crazy since you are like 1 or 2 states away from all the action.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Yup. Very mild here in mid Michigan on the east side of the state. Downstate Detroit area has had much more snow than we've had up here. I'm not complaining. We may get it yet.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Right, we have learned to be careful laughing at other states.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Amen to that.

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Anything we can yell out on the first day of March if it's completely sunny and supposed to hit 40 this weekend?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

im heading out to the GH to do whatever!!! so im yelling YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

Clinton Township, MI(Zone 5b)

Read your post this morning and wanted to let you know that not only did I go outside and do a 'hoodie ho,' but a 'hidey, hidey, hey' and a little 'snow be gone' two step. Only wish my 14 year old nephew was here, it would have embarrassed the heck out of him!

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

you keep hootin and hollerin Zinnia :) we need all the sunshine we can get! lol

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

Anyone interested in a little Spring push? Huron County is having their annual SPRING INTO GARDENING CONFERENCE on April 10 at Ubly Heights CC, sponsored by the Master Gardeners. They have asked me to do a program on Daylilies and this will be my very first Powerpoint Presentation and is supposed to be an hour and 10 minutes long. To say the least, I am very nervous about doing this, even though I have 650 daylily varieties in my gardens and am an Exhibition Judge and a Garden Judge. I sure hopt there will be lots of questions for me to answer as I am not a really chatty type of person, LOL. Anyway, if you arenn't doing anything and wish to come I'm sure we will have room for you. It's an all day program with door prizes.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I wish I could !! your going to do just great ask them questions ;0) good luck ;0)
Gloria

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

I think this hoodie-hoo yelling thing is working pretty good! What, we have had a weeks worth of consecutive sun? More than any time last summer I think...

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes and it's Great Kris...pretty soon some rain to get rid of this icky rememberance of winter ^_^

Enjoy the Sunshine Everyone and have a Great Day!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

don't forget to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

you know I will LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

me tooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.