Hoodie-Hoo day again

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

When : February 20

On this winter day, people go out at noon, wave their hands over their heads and chant "Hoodie-Hoo".

It is a day to chase away winter and bring in spring. After all, everyone in the northern hemisphere are sick and tired of winter at this point and a little crazy being cooped up inside all winter and not seeing the sun.

LETS ALL YELL~~~~~~~~

Thumbnail by notmartha
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'll Hoodie-Hoo after it's in the mid 30's next week OK? Too cold to go outside if you don't have to. Ha! Hope you and the kids get better soon. Spring is coming. The groundhog said so .......so it must be true!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well Dori your Hoodie-Hoo isn't working down here in my part of Michigan lol
This picture was just taken a few minutes ago...

Snow is falling and has been since I got up around 6 this am...

Not feeling well at all today, can't wait for this food poisoning to pass.. :(
All I can say is I am glad, I now know what has been making me sick
for the past 9 months and really sick for the past 6 months... I just can't
believe it took them this long to figure out that the Peter Pan Peanut
Butter was tainted :(
Don't think I will be eating any more PB for a very long time...

I am going to try my best to finish my WSing today, one jug at a time...

Connie

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Hoodie-hoo? My Jake will do it! We went to a Saginaw Spirit Hockey game last night and my little ham got right into it! He ended up with free stuff from the Hooters girls, free pizza, a stuffed hockey player toy and a hat. Just for being himself, lol. His sister kept sinking lower and lower in her seat! :)

It's still winter here...and starting to snow. Dori, I want your greenhouse.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I was just thinking about you and your Hoodie - Hoo Day Dori

thought it had to be soon

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Yikes Connie...I was hoping there was better weather out your way..We're going to Craft 2000...then on to Michigan Bar & Grill for lunch..Have you ever been there???The food is great...It's right there on Telegraph about a mile from 2000..

Hope you get to feeling better!!!I only buy Jif extra crunchy so I'm safe!!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Michigan Bar and Grill is on Monroe St not to far from where I use to work :o) a bunch of us would order lunch from there when Arbor Drugs was at the Shopping Center... Got burned out back in the late 80's.
DD just called and said the roads are really slick, hope you made it okay... Love craft 2000..

Dem I won't be buying any kind for a very long time lol.

Yeah your right it is on Monroe St....The roads were really slippery..I sure wish they would fix Dunbar Road..It was really a scarey ride!!:o(((

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Dori I am smiling at you from California, did you look to see who your playing tomorrow? I hope you are better. I am from Ohio, I have been to Mi a few times when I was young, it is so pretty there. I love both of your pictures in the snow. We went on our motorcycle today it was so nice, but winter is so pretty there and ugly here. Dawn

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Dem, there suppose to do Dunbar this year :o)

Glad you had a safe trip..

Connie

Algonac, MI

HOODIE-HOO, notmartha. By the way....them thar tracks in the photo, they uhleading to or is they uhleading frum? :->

Hi Connie...Where those big homes are at on Dunbar.....that big hole is that Monroe Stone Quarry???I remember one being around there from years ago..but can't remember where...

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes it was the Stone Quary until they moved over on Telegraph a few years back to what use to be called the Dennison (sp?) Farms, I really miss that Farm... They use to sell all types of Veggies.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

LostIndian they was heading both ways-went out there to get some stuff and ended up spending the afternoon out there baskin in the warmth! Had to come back in a get some water and my radio!!! It was a great day-cant wait to get over this darn strep so i can go back out there!!

**back to bed now

Algonac, MI

notmartha...hope yuh git tuh feelin' gooderer real soon. Strep ain't nothin' tuh mess with.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Oh it can kill a person`s heart, it isn`t and you feel like your going to die. Poor thing. My dh had it once and still talks about it. I have`nt had it for years, so don`t cyber send it over the computer to me. lol

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Man this crud is the worst! We had tickets to that spirit hockey game that night too--- and were to sick to go!!! whaaaannn My 10yf old usually has all the girls too!(mskatt u just have to come on over this spring)
Im up and moving but very slow and with new issuses that keep me close to the potty! Maybe cuz Im so old it last longer and hits harder, all I know is its NO FUN!!!

Today i will be out there yelling as loud as i can....HOODIE-HOO!!!!

I remember this from last year...I guess I will too...but low really low...I think!!!;o)))

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh, come on..Dem....belt it out...It needs to be heard. Need to hear it about 70 miles.
Then I will send it back..lets see...sticking my head out here..at 11..Am...I am sure
you will hear..me..hehehe....Everyone..lets make it heard..around our state..~~

{{{{{{{{{ "Hoodie-Hoo". }}}}}}}}}

Smiles..Diana

Hey Diana..............should I have a Margarita or two before????for sure you'll hear me...I'm gonna call my friend so she'll bring her two grandaughters over...lol...they sure can belt it out LOUD!!!Now you listen for me,lets show them what us Michiganders are all about!!!!Cheers....

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

well, I must be on the wrong thread. Nice talking at yall. Feel better Dori,oh ya you have mail on the game. see ya around the cooler. Dawn

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

dawn you can yell for us and with us -how do i get to nascar mail?

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I think it will say you have mail on your game home page that has your team roster on it or maybe on the league view page, I can`t remember but on top there is an area to click to write mail, you can communicate by mail to one, selected or all teams. Thanks by the way. I like talking to the midwest folk, it reminds me of Ohio.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I think it will say you have mail on your game home page that has your team roster on it or maybe on the league view page, I can`t remember but on top there is an area to click to write mail, you can communicate by mail to one, selected or all teams. Thanks by the way. I like talking to the midwest folk, it reminds me of Ohio. It is on the top of the league view page, it says messages. just checked 4 u.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

hellnzn11....hehe...you can check in with us..for sure. but...please..blow warm spring to us OK? It is working hard..well Mother Nature is..to get us some of it..but..we can use all the help..we can get..lol....So stick around..Love to make you feel at home..

Smiles...Diana...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

hooooooooooooooodie hooooooooooooooooo did you hear me? I know the neighbors could!

31 degrees and the snow is melting here!!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Wowowowowow...Great Dori....I heard yea...hehehe....got you beat... 44.2 here..hehehe..snow is melting...now have to brush the water..off some places...got some rivers going..hehehe..not complaining..though...oh my-----!

Smiles..Diana

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

From hear it sounded more like a barking cough and some flem but I heard ya too. You must have Mark and Brian over there? Am I right, they always say, haydie hoooo hoodie hoo, (DJ`s in case you don`t). Sending a nice 60ish day over, post rain. Will that do? melt snow, melt.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Hollaring 'hoodie hoooooo' - smells like spring here today. I even went out to see if there were worms in the drive way!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

wooooooohoooo we are up to 36 and i did walk out and fill the birdfeeders- i cant smell a darn thing since my nose is still plugged up, but it sure felt wonderful!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

lol I am having a wall built for my microclimate I am working on, but it keeps saying rain. Why didn`t it come when it was supposed to last month? HOOOOODIE HOOOOOOOO.

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

omigosh...it felt so warm today! Of course, since I'm nocturnal (I work 6pm-6am) I didn't get to enjoy much of it.

Dori, I'm definitely going to have to stop by and snatch up some of those daylilies and I'll be sure to bring my 8 yo Jake. We're surrounded by girls...he craves any "boy-bonding" he can find, lol.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I was outside yesterday filling the birdfeeders and taking a walk, enjoying the warm weather and I could have sworn I kept hearing this strange noise ... sounded a little like
..... Hoooooodie-Hoooooo...
Now, I'm deaf in one ear so I couldn't tell the direction of the sound ... I turned in circles trying to discover where this hurt animal or person could be ... I probably looked a little strange turning circles on the sidewalk.
Most of this hurt animal sound was coming from the north ... I hope all is well 'up there'.

toofew~

Thumbnail by toofewanimals
La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Just taken a few minutes ago, This is what it looks like today here in LaSalle,

Fog is in, snow is melting and Spring is on its way ;o)

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

That looks like a white out to me. When we get snow, it looks like that, last a day and is sluge in most places but higher foothill properties by the next day. It is funny, how relative things are to your own life, I see snow, not spring. lol You just know there is a dafidil under there somewhere, don`t you?

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hellooooooooo from AuGres.........took this picture this morning around 8am...and we still have fog......when the sun comes out I am going in my greenhouse, where I know its gonna be over 80 degrees in there...............

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

We had fog here this morning too Deann. It looked kind of strange to have fog with snow.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Any of you near Dearborn? I went to the HF Museum when I was a kid and never forgot it, I`d love to go again.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Deann that looks like something out of a scary movie rofl... But awesome

I am near Dearborn....Are you talking about Greenfield Village(Henry Ford)???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.