But I really like clutter.....

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Don't you love this "viney" feeling!!! Mainly philos, they have to be my first love in the house and old floppy eared Iris in the flower bed. No curtains on the windows, the plants have priority.

I hope this picture was able to convey at least part of the warm snuggly feeling I get while sitting in this room.

Judy

This message was edited Feb 6, 2007 2:02 PM

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Love it Judy ! hanks for sharing.
Allison

Ah, but don't you know. . . .this is what a house is SUPPOSED to look like! A house without tons of plants is not a home! Mine looks much the same way, and I feel plants make a home feel inviting and its so refreshing to see all that greenery. Also, all the clean air the plants are giving out. I don't think there are ANY negatives to having lots of plants. In any case, for every negative a non-plant person can think of, there are many, many more positives. I can't imagine my home not being loaded with plants. Its been that way ever since I struck out on my own at the age of 18, and it always will be that way.

Randi

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

The Phil in the hanging basket close to the mirror has a couple of different names according to my research: Horsehead, Fiddle to name a few. I just got more and more confused so I quit carring about the names.

Here is a close up of a leaf.

Judy

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous plants Judy in an equally gorgeous setting.Oh what a lovely retreat you have.I Love the whole look!! : )
Nancy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

We had a break-in and they left with all the really "good" antiques so I decided to put out all the "stuff" to help forget what wasn't there. It worked well.

Here is another of that end of the livingroom.

Judy

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

cedarnest

Thank you for the compliment

Judy

Silver Spring, MD

How cozy is this! I think I will stop by and rest up a bit. Thanks for a wonderful picture. Love the Phil leaves.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

nannanavarro

Snuggling up with a cup of coffee as the sunlight starts to stream in the window is great.

Judy

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Judy,

What a BEAUTIFUL room that is....that wood is soo soo pretty, would love to have that in my house. Like you, I
have plants hanging wherever there is a window or lights. I found some of those hanging lights from a local thrift shop, (will have to take a pic of them) and just put lots of plants around them, and I also put them on timers so they come at the same time every day.

Your plants look beautiful as well, Judy :o)

Char

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Red_P you wrote "I found some of those hanging lights from a local thrift shop, (will have to take a pic of them)"

Please, please, please!!!

Judy

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I love your look Judy! I know the warm cozy feeling you speak of very well. My LR and BR are the same. Plants now hanging in the BR, thanks to DB. The LR window space is filled with plants on the floor and on stands. I can relax and feel peace in most of my rooms because they are filled with plants. There's nothing like just sitting in the quiet still of your plant haven. I love the P. Panduriforme, or it may be Bipennifolium now. LOL Horsehead or Fiddle sound just fine to me. Have you checked out Natural Selections Exotics lately? They have a new one and I forget the name, but it's heart-shaped and splotched with silver/grey. Gorgeous.
Anyway, thanks for inviting us into your home.:)
GH

(Zone 1)

My kind of room! Lovely home, lovely plants!

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Judy, I can relate - OUR house looks EXACTLY like that, only our WHOLE house looks like that - plants EVERYWHERE you look - I LOVE it!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Thank you all so very much for your compliments. I didn't post to try to get compliments, but they sure do make me smile.

The plants in the two hanging baskets which cover a great deal of the front window are Callisia Fragrans http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/54577/ None of the pictures do it justice so I need to take some and upload them. I've had this plant for 30 years or so and regardless of badly it's treated, it survives.

Judy

This message was edited Feb 11, 2007 2:31 PM

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Kay,

LOL I can totally relate. I also have plants everywhere but this room just feels the best.

Judy

Sure looks like a regular soul shelter! Thanks for posting!

Susan

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Judy,

I will take a pic tomorrow, i promise...spent most of the day cleaning and cleaning today...I am sure you will remember then when you see'em

Char

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

My kind of room.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Judy, I love the plant/clutter/jungle look too! I don't have curtains either! What a beautiful place you have. I would be so nice to have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning there with you.

Harper

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Judy your room looks awesome! When did you get broken in? I really feel for you....so here is a great big HUG!
:) Donna

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Donna,

We were living in two places and the house in Memphis TN where most all the furnishings were, was broken into. I believe it was a neighbor who had always lusted after some of my antiques. It was tough getting through it but ......

Judy

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

That's awful, Judy! What do the police say about it?

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Not much, if we got any more information to let them know kind of thing. In 2005 Memphis was #2 in number of violent deaths, so I suppose they don't place burglary too high on the list of priorities. That's one reason I love living out in the country on a dead end road in the middle of woods where all the neighbors keep an eye on the vehicles that come into the area.

Judy

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Oh dear. My heart is out to you.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Judy,
I am so sorry i have not posted those pics yet...I am sure you understand how busy life can be and things just slip through your fingers...

I just went out and took some pics so here they are.....

Pic 1

Char

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

and here is pic 2

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

red_princess_71

You are such a smart woman!!! Those look great. I'm going to some thrift stores!!

Thanks so much for the idea. I have spotlight gro-lights over the two hanging plants on each side of the mirror and they are growing great. They are on 24/7.

Judy

This message was edited Mar 2, 2007 4:19 PM

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Judy,

Thanks for the compliment...I must say those hanging lights have really helped my plants this winter...I usually lost over half if not all of my plants when I bring them in during the winter, I guess the shock really does them in. This year i only lost a handful..some are on the brink of death, but i am trying to save them...one is my african mask...the cold is not a good thing for it. My lights come on at 7am and goes off about 9 pm. They are on a timer. I was thinking about putting a plant bulb in the hanging lightsthat they will do better, just have not got them yet.

Oh BTW I only paid $1 for those hanging lamps. How lucky did i get.

Char

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Need to change your user name to LuckyLady, if it's not already taken. lol lol

Judy

Fuquay-Varina, NC(Zone 7a)

curtains are for non plant lovers!

and is there such a thing as "plant clutter"?

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

gaiadisciple

I never would have thought it, but after many years of experience, I can testify and offer proof there there is such a thing as "plant clutter". lol lol I've gave 85% of them away because I became too sick to care for them (better now), but this was definitely "plant clutter". lol lol

Judy

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

These are pictures of 1/8 of the plants. We have wrap-around porches and these 2 pictures are just one end of one section of the porch. I injured my neck and could no longer water them so I gave most away.

Judy

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

gaiadisciple- how right you are when you say curtains are for non-plant lovers! I have blinds and they are always up or drawn back. Who cares that people can see in here what with all the plant nights on at night? LOL The important thing here is that my plants get all the light they can get. I'm just too lazy to draw the curtains in my LR at night. :) Shucks, I'll only have to open them again in less than 8 hours. ;)

Judy, again, I love your plant paradise there. I love being in any place filled with plants. So, I spend a lot of time at home.:)

GH

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Be still my heart......Natural wood, antiques, books, plants.....these are a few of my favorite things.
Wrap around porch??? Wow Judy!! When can I bring breakfast?

(Zone 1)

Plant Clutter ..... The Best Kind Of Clutter! My Kind of Clutter ..... and I have a lot of it!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

dodgedame

The stack of books on the table on the left side of the pictures are new prints of fairy tales such as Alice in Wonderland. I have many books dated 1940 and prior, with a few late 1800's.

I love books and found old discarded law books, big and heavy, make great stands for plants and naturally you can adjust the height by a book or two.

We just got back from town where I got my Valentine's Day present, two plants phils. I'll have to take pictures of them in the morning.

Judy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Here's my new philo, Philodendron "Silver". Before posting here I found another DG thread on the Garden Talk Forum where 3-4 people said it didn't grow well for them. Well I hope it grows well for me because I talked them into marking down a $15 hanging basket to $5 because the overhead heater had about cooked it. This is a picture of the one I bought for $10 in a fanch pot. I'll post pictures of the mark down hanging basket next.

Judy

This message was edited Feb 16, 2007 2:30 PM

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Hanging basket that Lowe's marked down to $5

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Very nice buys ! Just trim off the dead foliage puff !! I know I alway have to re-pot mine into good draining soil later too.
Happy Growing !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.